• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2010
I just tried your demo and I have to say, it's a better idea than Nintendo ever had with the pokemon games. I seriously hope you finish this, I would pay for it. I'm not even joking. This is what I thought Yellow Version was going to be similar to when I first played it a long time ago, but, it wasn't and I was slightly disappointed.

Again, very good idea and so far, very well done and I hope you're able to finish it one day!

Years
The game crashes

Hi why i have so many bugs with this game, when i start it, it don't show video and than says: '' One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system'', than it says: '' The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal'', ''The game will now install the necessary fonts''. But any of thous fonts can't install , than game runs, but with out playing videos. I can play this game until sperows attack than game crash.
Sorry about my bad english, please help.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I haven't voted on the poll just yet, but I'm playing the demo now and in relation to the camera....I think the only one that works well is the "Set and Lock" option.

With the other two the buildings look like they're moving also....it all looks very messy. Not good.

Also the zoom out get's a bit ridiculous after a while. Not sure why anyone would want to reduce the map to the size of an ant....

The zoom out seems good, it's cool to be right at the back of the character. One thing though....it's just a perspective issue I think but the roofs on the houses look a bit strange when you've zoomed in and moved the camera more flat along the ground. It's like the top of the roof is slipping down over the house more than it should...

I voted "no zoom" but really I mean "less of it". I don't really get why you're asking which camera type you want to include in the game....can't you include them all? (or two of them) What about lazy people (like me :p) who don't want to spend ages rotating the camera to get it just right? I prefer the set and lock mode...

I hope that helps a little

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
i don't think the creator of the thread is going to reply when they've been inactive for nearly 3 months now.

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
You never know the creator of the thread might be caught up in something more important in his life and will probably post when it gets sorted out and when the creator of the thread has finished the whole game or an update.

Years
Umm.. Sorry to interrupt.. I was holding off posting this cause I was trying to think of a solution and also I didn't want to bump my own thread.. Since someone posted 2 days ago I thought it'd be ok..
I'd been having a few problems with the display adapters on my laptop (where the game is stored) and I assumed it was just a little buggy but stable.. Sadly something corrupted a little too much and now it won't boot up without doing a physical memory dump (blue screen).. So I'm unable to access the game files until I think of a way to access the HD..
I'm not even sure what the HD looks like.. I don't have high hopes that it was made to be connected to a desktop HD as slave, but I hope something like that is possible..
I'll post again when I have updates of some kind.. If anyone has any idea how to access those files, just inbox me..
I had started some more mapping before this all happened.. When I figure out what to do I'll post again.. But here's some sort of reward to the fans of this game.. These are sprites I made for a game I made with a friend a long time ago.. I seem to have lost the back sprites but oh well, these sprites might make an appearance in the game as a side quest or something (not sure whether to make them catchable or not) depending on how much filler material I require.. Anyhow I'm just hoping this game can be continued because I love working on it.. Sprites away:
wbfcep.jpg
2chv04p.jpg
aavfd3.jpg
ipo653.jpg

I made names for them all that were in the pokemon style.. Anyways that's not important now, I'm gonna go try some stuff..

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Pokemon Indigo League game recovery No.1

Hi Krazy_Meerkat I have thought of a few ways you could recover the game No.1 You would have to install an operating system called Linux onto a USB stick from another computer. When this installation is done you just plug it into the laptop that you need to recover the files off then select boot from USB and when it's loaded go in My computer and select the hard drive (probably got a name like (D) or (G) ) then double-click it and click on whatever your name is on the computer/laptop and then you should be in your documents and you should be able to get it from there. Here's a link to download Ubuntu (Linux) it's a free operating system that is developed by various people around the world (Ubuntu is one of the best) anyway here's how to get to the site type in Ubuntu Linux and click on the top answer and when it loads up scroll down the page and click on download Ubuntu.

Here's a video of how to install it type in youtube: Ubuntu 10.10 Installed to USB Disk.
Make sure the USB stick still has enought space left to copy all the files of Pokemon Indigo League game.
If you are confused just leave me a message and I'll see what I can do.
I've got some more ideas if it doesn't work.

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Getting back Pokemon Indigo League game method No.2.

You could get back Pokemon Indigo League game by doing this.
Method 1

1.Purchase a "Laptop Hard Drive Adaptor Kit" to allow you to plug your laptop hard drive into a standard PC (2.5 TO 3.5 inch IDE HDD).

2.Find a functioning standard PC that can read the file system that was on the laptop. One would need Windows 2k/XP or a Linux distribution to read an NTFS/FAT file system, whereas only a Linux distribution can read the EXT3 file system.

3.Open up the case and add the laptop drive with adaptor kit as a secondary HDD. Be sure that you have set this drive to either Cable Select, or Slave, depending on the configuration of the system, and the available IDE ports.

4.Copy the data you need from the laptop drive to the main drive of the PC, or consider using removable storage for small files.

Method 2

1. Purchase or cannibalize a 2.5" USB 2.0 or Firewire drive enclosure.

2. Find a functioning standard PC with an open USB port (or firewire port, as applicable) that can read the file system that was on the laptop. One would need Windows 2k/XP or a Linux distribution to read an NTFS/FAT file system, whereas only a Linux distribution can read the EXT3 file system.

3. Plug it in, wait for the tones (and/or mount it if that is necessary in this system)

4. Copy the data you need from the laptop drive to the main drive of the PC, or consider using removable storage for small files.

Information courtesy of Wikihow.

Last edited:
Years
Hey Pikamon, thanks for the suggestion, and thank you to everyone else for such a quick response :)
I've already solved the problem by using a HDD adapter and re-installing windows, I've made a quick backup in case anything else like that ever happens again.. *slaps forehead*
A few people have said the demo links no longer work, I'll make a new demo soon and test it a lot more ;) Thinking of making it last up to somewhere in the 3rd episode (Ash catches a Pokemon).. That's all the news for now..

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
I'm glad that everything's recovered I can't wait for the next update.

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
Looks good, played the demo it was nice, Sprites need a little work IMO but besides that nice concept, ran fairly good.... I tried to catch the spearow trio :P looking forward to the next update. :)

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Update.

How is the update coming along Krazy_Meerkat. I can't wait until it's finished.

Years
Hey guys, sorry, I've been very distracted with what's been happening in the world lately and my immediate affairs (job-related woes, heh) so the game has progressed no further..
I've got about another week of forklift training and then I'm free to concentrate on the new demo for a while. I would like to take this time to ask people if any of the text and cut-scenes in the game should be removed/reduced to make the game more enjoyable and increase the pace a little.
I've had a few people agree with me that it's coming off a bit text-heavy, so I'd like to ask people which parts they think are the least necessary, and what ideas they have to make certain scenes more interactive. If you have any ideas just post them here.
I've already come to the conclusion that some cut-scenes will have to have something random in them that makes it bearable to watch more than once. I had planned the npc's would do this (certain pokemon will populate the map and they will alternate randomly through the list of catchable pokemon in that zone(eg. if a pidgey has been in one zone too long, it will fly away and a spearow will fly in. Non-airborne pokemon will disappear into the tall-grass/water to be replaced))

Now to the storyline.. The vagueness of how accurately I will be following this might change if I'm not following the script nearly to the letter.. For example, you may have access to pokemon/moves that were unavailable to ash in the show at certain stages.. But I don't know if I should do that, because it gives a much deeper storyline having so much said. Remember that the show was a bit slow to start, but once it got going, there was very little said in some towns.. I'm also thinking about changing the layout of how you play, something like warnings stating that you will not be able to return to an area for a long time, "halo's" to represent the map square that (when stepped on) will trigger the next main quest (side-quests will have a different colour) to start. With the "halo" system, there are many other applications such as boss-battles, trades, shops, etc. which will give a colour-coded representation of activities to complete. What does everyone think?

Guy who tried to catch the spearow flock, you were just wasting your health lol.. I made an exception so that pokeballs will never catch that pokemon, same thing with the single spearow. I wanted an error message to come up before the pokeball was thrown, but I think I remember being in a rush and having a multitude of other things to worry about (certain cutscenes were being constructed, other errors, etc.).. Really it's a small issue, but I was wondering how many people would be sitting there throwing pokeballs at it wondering why nothing was happening. :p

Ok thanks for reading, don't forget to give me some feedback and help shape this game! Also, I've stumbled across something modern in the experimental department and have seen MGC posting recently, I'm becoming very excited with what I see. Anyone who might be able to help me dismantle the starter-kit (or at least take out the battle system) and port it to this new engine, please offer your assistance (I'm looking at you, advanced starter-kit users -.-)
But don't take my word, judge for yourself:
hm7_05.png

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Pokemon Indigo League game.

It's alright that no progress has gone on the game because you've had more important things to do and think about. I can't wait for the next update thanks for posting.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Hey, I love the idea for your game... a few issues though. And maybe a game play suggestion.

Some of the graphic scenes were more annoying than pretty. I.E. the Team Rocket intro. Suggest having the background fade when pikachu is retrieved and showing a pretty picture of them (their wanted poster) instead of the hot air scene. Also, i would some how hint that the Significant pokemon such as spearow and pidgey are non catchable.

Also I found that your game was laggy, in "outside" map in particular with "tilt". Inside a building I had no lag whatsoever. Also a little more automatic with the dialogue, I searched a little for something that wasn't there in the scene where pikachu was brought to the operating room.

Over all, I c your game as great, possibly much more engaging than the original pokemon games (possibly because it follows a story). I got everything to work too, the videos worked (A little smaller than the actual game screen, but it worked just fine voice and all).....

Thumps-up!! hope my crit helps you fix on specific issues.

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012

I agree with unavaliableartist except for the bit about the hot air balloon I liked it but I do agree it was long but it fits the story more and gives it more build up.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
I loved the scene too but I hate the balloon its ugly.
I was thinking instead of the whole warrent scene and hot air balloon scene. Just let it all b about ash and the pikachu and the Med center. And right when ash gets his pikachu....
Jessie: "Go ekans"
James: "koffing! Smog attack"
Pokemon sprites appear koffing does his smog attack.
The background turns black nd a black & white warrant picture of team rocket appear!
James: "ugh! I hate this picture"
Jessie: "at least they took a picture of the real you!"
Meowth:" shut-up and steal the Pokemon so I can b top cat"
Picture gets scratched by meowth and it disappears then show All the sprites at the pokecenter.
James: "Ow! we know meoth!"
Jessie: "prepare for trouble.."
James: "and make it double"
And ETC.
and everytime they go to introduce themselves later on... meowth interrupts them with "yeah, yeah let's fight already"
What do u think?

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012

I like the idea it would make it more funnier the other idea I had was that you could have them say it everytime and a cut scene comes up ( like in the anime) but after they did it the first time in the Pokemon Center you could skip the rest after that if you didn't want to listen to the same thing over and over again and your idea "yeah, yeah lets fight already" could come up when you select skip. What do you think?

Last edited:
Back