• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Tried my hand at sprite tracing/recoloring. Presenting Mecha Aggron!

6iUx3yk.png

I literally took a picture of Mega Aggron from X's pokedex, traced it, and changed the colors a bit. If all goes well, this is going to be a boss in my game (battles are viewed from the side, which is why it's facing left instead of towards the screen).

This is my first time doing something like this, so any feedback or help from spriters would be much appreciated!

it seems a little too different from real pokemon sprites - I'm doing the same thing with certain gen 6 pokemon and the hardest part is making the right kind of palette, that and shading - I think if you used a slightly different palette, it would look a lot better, but its pretty good overall

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
it seems a little too different from real pokemon sprites - I'm doing the same thing with certain gen 6 pokemon and the hardest part is making the right kind of palette, that and shading - I think if you used a slightly different palette, it would look a lot better, but its pretty good overall

Thanks. Yeah, the more I look at it the more I dislike that odd dark purple-ish color used under the tail and such.

I don't mind it looking a little different than the real pokemon sprites though. This guy is supposed to stand out (it's roughly 3 times the size of normal pokemon sprites). I can imagine sprite versions of mega-evolutions are going to look different than those of pokemon before gen 6 anyway.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So here is my new game, i officialy stop working on Pokemon Paradise.

new_beginning__by_venom12314-d6wdy1z.png

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Just about finished with my battle scene. What do you guys think of it?

battle_scene_wip_by_rayd12smitty-d6wo26e.png

Battleback by Midnitz-REMIX on deviantart

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
the main prob I have with that battle screen is the similarity between the two greens in weavile's health bar. until I took a really close look, I thought it was at full health. the orange and green in xatu's health bar really clash, also.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
the main prob I have with that battle screen is the similarity between the two greens in weavile's health bar. until I took a really close look, I thought it was at full health. the orange and green in xatu's health bar really clash, also.

The HP bar is completely transparent when empty so you are just seeing the battle back. I need to fix that.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years

Just finished this one up, yay or nay?

I know it only shows three bag sections, but I think ya'll can envisionamalize the last ones.

"Women too, unfortunately."? gotta ask, is this a message that pops up regardless of player character's gender? also, not a huge fan of the big arrows pointing to the different sections of the bag. maybe just highlight them/give them a border? ALSO also, there's a typo in the pokeball text: "line" instead of "like"

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years

Just finished this one up, yay or nay?

I know it only shows three bag sections, but I think ya'll can envisionamalize the last ones.

I love the quality *o *
the only thing bugging the brains out of me, is the fact the arrows change position only in the med section, whats up with that?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks! The arrows are moving in game just as they do in the basic essentials, I simply couldn't time the screenshot right to get them matched up, that's all :)

I was thinking that might be why, I just wanted to make sure - it all looks great, good work!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Well, I'm not a fan of the ugly existing "red box" shapes for the old bag set-up, personally I like these a lot better. I really don't see any issue with them, they're just arrows...

I had nothing to do with the text either, and regardless, that typo is from whatever essentials it was downloaded from.

so please pass on my question to whoever is in charge of the text? & I didn't really mean like a box around each bag, more like a glowy outline around the selected bag.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
This is a random image of a project I am working, that uses Pokemon graphics but it is not a Pokemon fan-game, it is along the lines of a old school turn-based rpg.

(This still a work in progress, I am trying to work out making the battle sprites animated).
Spoiler:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
4JZDvRv.png

Whoa there, buddy, those are Oddish you have there, not Machop... How are they supposed to clear the rocks?!
I know the little arrow is too far on the right, no worries.

I've always dislike to play fan-games using Gen-2 graphics, simply because of the small screen size.
Thank you for answering my prayers! XD

No but seriously, this is looking great.
You've definitely made the area look interesting using the very basic Gen-2 tiles. Good job.
Love the new trees. The new font works good together with the other graphics as well!

A note though; even if Generation 2 used very few overworlds for a lot of Pokémon, it does not mean you must as well. I recommend making a Gen-2 style overworld for Machop.

tImE

Years
But again, thank you very much! :) I'll be sure to post another in the near future. (And a thread...one day.)

I know dat feel bro. It seems far off, even though you've gotten so much work done!

I need critique for a new mountain tile I made.
This is a side by side comparison of the old and new one. (Left = Old, Right = New)
help_me__by_44tim44-d6xvyre.png

I'm unsure if the tile is good enough, to bother to replace the old mountains in all of my maps, or not.
If it is to any help, I am using Generation 4 Overworlds.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Daed, you should show it off more. It looks great.

tImE, The right look great. They honestly remind me more of interior cave tiles for some reason. Maybe use both?

I feel like you should put an OW on the map to give us a clear example of what we are looking at.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I know dat feel bro. It seems far off, even though you've gotten so much work done!

This is a side by side comparison of the old and new one. (Left = Old, Right = New)

I'm unsure if the tile is good enough, to bother to replace the old mountains in all of my maps, or not.

personally I orefer the new ones as it makes the distinction of size more prominent, as gen 4 sprites generally overlook the mountain tiles in game, while those are taller than the OW's, as mountains should be

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years

I prefer the newer set of tiles. Not because they are newer, but I think there is more detail to it. I really think it says "mountain" better than the previous one; whose edges are straight, and the texture is not as detailed. I also think the colour of the newer mountain tiles fit better with the rest of the screenshot. The part that works better with the older mountain tiles, is the cave entrance. It looks like a part of the wall, while it doesn't do that in with the newer tiles.

So yeah, I'd go with the newer set. To me they seem to connect and work better.

tImE

Years
Thanks for the help everyone!

I have now updated all my maps with the new mountain tiles.
Thanks a lot for the input from all of you!

@Luka: Regarding the Cave Entrance, I have simply yet to change it in the picture, since I was comparing tiles.

Here is a screenshot of Route 9, using the final version of the new mountain tiles.
route_9___screenshot_by_44tim44-d6xxkex.png

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looks good tImE. Really like the new tiles.

Updated the bag screen. No major changes, mainly color and a little bit of movement (I mean 2-10 pixels XD) Just wanted it to fit the theme of my game better.

new_bag_interface_by_rayd12smitty-d6xy8yn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back