• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Obviously! Duh.

But look, choosing to do BW on DS instead of a bit later for the 3DS, that was this choice we are talking about. BW2 were then made for DS too for all the self-explanatory reasons.
Surely they have been working on new games in the later stages of the above games already. But not doing even these on 3DS would be really pushing it.
Its way overdue now and probably wouldnt even have been a question, especially if they started working on it post BW.

3 sets of games on a handheld that has a successor out... nope, it makes no sense to me.

But we are only talking about a year. I don't see why you find it hard that Nintendo would finish the generation on the same platform. I mean the 3ds isnt going anywhere. Imagine if emerald came out for the DS . Would gen 4 games have impressed us as much?
Now one way my argument could be invalid is if you point out the differences between gen 4 and gen 5 despite them being on the same platform. And you know what you got me there.

Frankly I would love if the remakes came out on the 3ds. It could give us a little taste of what gen 6 could be.

But I believe the remakes would be for the DS. I don't think Nintendo would rush a game out just so it could be on a new platform, when they could wait a year and kick off a new gen on the new platform. Especially when new versions of said platform could come out within another year( 3dsi anyone?)

Of course if Nintendo do planed for the remakes in advance then I have nothing to worry about

I just don't think waiting another year to put Pokemon main games on the 3Ds is a bad bussiness Decision. It's seems more shrewd to wait. And I like to think of the Japanese as a shrewd people lol

Of course what do I know. I have no facts to back up what I'm saying( of course no one here has facts to back up there claims, hence it being a speculation thread) but this is what I believe will happen

Whether I'm right or wrong in the end I win with a new Pokémon game

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Obviously! Duh.

But look, choosing to do BW on DS instead of a bit later for the 3DS, that was this choice we are talking about. BW2 were then made for DS too for all the self-explanatory reasons.
Surely they have been working on new games in the later stages of the above games already. But not doing even these on 3DS would be really pushing it.
Its way overdue now and probably wouldnt even have been a question, especially if they started working on it post BW.

3 sets of games on a handheld that has a successor out... nope, it makes no sense to me.

This article really gives some insight

1UP: Was there any pressure from Nintendo to put the game on 3DS? I don't know how much clout Nintendo has when it comes to the development of the core Pokémon games, I'm just curious. Obviously, having a 3DS Pokémon game would be a huge incentive for millions of people to run out and buy a 3DS system. I was just wondering if you could speak to that at all.

JM: No. [laughs] Not really, in terms of pressure. When you think about video game systems, kids usually get them by getting money from their parents and then going to buy the systems, so a lot of time they can't have purchased the newest systems, the brand new gadget that comes out. With Pokémon, it's a game about communication. It's a communication tool. Because of that, the hardware with the most units out, the hardware that the most people have, really is a good fit for the Pokémon games, so more people can play with it and communicate with each other. That's something that Nintendo is very understanding about.

Years

1UP: Was there any pressure from Nintendo to put the game on 3DS? I don't know how much clout Nintendo has when it comes to the development of the core Pokémon games, I'm just curious. Obviously, having a 3DS Pokémon game would be a huge incentive for millions of people to run out and buy a 3DS system. I was just wondering if you could speak to that at all.

JM: No. [laughs] Not really, in terms of pressure. When you think about video game systems, kids usually get them by getting money from their parents and then going to buy the systems, so a lot of time they can't have purchased the newest systems, the brand new gadget that comes out. With Pokémon, it's a game about communication. It's a communication tool. Because of that, the hardware with the most units out, the hardware that the most people have, really is a good fit for the Pokémon games, so more people can play with it and communicate with each other. That's something that Nintendo is very understanding about.
Is that really true? That the 3DS has more units sold than the DS?

I honestly was under the impression that the 3DS hadn't yet matched the DS in units sold.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Is that really true? That the 3DS has more units sold than the DS?

I honestly was under the impression that the 3DS hadn't yet matched the DS in units sold.

Yes and no kinda.

In terms of the article I think you misread. There saying there are more DS out there than 3ds. And if you look at the fact that the 3ds can play DS games there are more units out there that can play DS games than units that can only play 3ds games.

Now I think I've read somewhere that the 3ds is selling better than the DS had when it first came out. I'm not sure where I read it.

Look at it this way. Lets say sales equal a water leak in a million gallon tank.
The 3ds is leaking at 4 gallons per hour , and the DS was leaking 2 million gallons per hour. While true that the 3ds is leaking more( selling more) the DS has been leaking(selling) since 2006 compared to the 3ds which has been since 2011. So there are more DS out there now, but give a couple of years and the 3ds should surpass it.

Lol hope that illustration made sense

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
But we are only talking about a year. I don't see why you find it hard that Nintendo would finish the generation on the same platform. I mean the 3ds isnt going anywhere.

But why must Gen 5 contain Gen 3 remakes? Everyone assumes they WILL happen next and that they HAVE to be the next games. They aren't 100% necessary. We can move on to Gen 6 without them.

The 3DS has been out for a year and a half. The big titles need to move onto the system. The longer they wait to move onto the 3DS, the fewer titles they can release for that platform.

Imagine if emerald came out for the DS . Would gen 4 games have impressed us as much?

Which is why Gen 3 remakes could always be saved for Gen 6. Why must they come next, and on the DS?

Now one way my argument could be invalid is if you point out the differences between gen 4 and gen 5 despite them being on the same platform. And you know what you got me there.

Gen 3 released its final game before the DS was released. (unless you count Gale of Darkness) Gen 4 released its final game before the 3DS was even announced. The 3DS will be over 2 years old in February. This time next year, it will be 2.5 years old. Nintendo is probably already planning the successor to the 3DS, so they have to do something. They can't just keep waiting. And considering The Pokemon Company got the development kits for it first, it is very odd that they have yet to move the main series to the 3DS yet.

Frankly I would love if the remakes came out on the 3ds. It could give us a little taste of what gen 6 could be.

But I believe the remakes would be for the DS.

Again, yet must it be the DS? Why must it come BEFORE Gen 6? Can we not have Gen 5 without remakes? I see nothing wrong with Gen 6 coming and THEN Gen 3 remakes, if we get them at all.

I don't think Nintendo would rush a game out just so it could be on a new platform, when they could wait a year and kick off a new gen on the new platform. Especially when new versions of said platform could come out within another year( 3dsi anyone?)

They would rush it to sell more consoles. That's where they make their money. Think about it: Would Nintendo rather someone buy 2 $35 Pokemon games on a DS they've owned for years, or would they want them to buy the $170 console as well? Nintendo knows that the Pokemon main series is very popular, which is why they'd want to use it to make money off of its consoles. A main series Pokemon game on the 3DS would surely increase sales of the 3DS.

And the 3DS XL has already been released, which is another sign they really should move to the 3DS already.

Of course if Nintendo do planed for the remakes in advance then I have nothing to worry about

I just don't think waiting another year to put Pokemon main games on the 3Ds is a bad bussiness Decision. It's seems more shrewd to wait. And I like to think of the Japanese as a shrewd people lol

If Gen 6 on the 3DS comes in 2014, the 3DS will be over 3 years old. That would be a terrible decision to make. It's refusing to accept advances in technology, which usually gets you left behind. Game Freak has a chance to upgrade their games, but refusing to do so will hurt them.

Of course what do I know. I have no facts to back up what I'm saying( of course no one here has facts to back up there claims, hence it being a speculation thread) but this is what I believe will happen

Whether I'm right or wrong in the end I win with a new Pokémon game

Common sense says that releasing games on a dead system is a bad idea. There's a reason why Game Boy games are no longer made.

Game Freak wanted to release Gen 5 before the 3DS. That's fine and makes sense for that release period. But now, the 3DS has been out for a year and a half. By the time the next game (whatever it is) comes out, the 3DS will be 2 years old. That's plenty of time to sell units. They really have no reason to not release the next games on the 3DS.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
But why must Gen 5 contain Gen 3 remakes? Everyone assumes they WILL happen next and that they HAVE to be the next games. They aren't 100% necessary. We can move on to Gen 6 without them.

The 3DS has been out for a year and a half. The big titles need to move onto the system. The longer they wait to move onto the 3DS, the fewer titles they can release for that platform.

Which is why Gen 3 remakes could always be saved for Gen 6. Why must they come next, and on the DS?

Gen 3 released its final game before the DS was released. (unless you count Gale of Darkness) Gen 4 released its final game before the 3DS was even announced. The 3DS will be over 2 years old in February. This time next year, it will be 2.5 years old. Nintendo is probably already planning the successor to the 3DS, so they have to do something. They can't just keep waiting. And considering The Pokemon Company got the development kits for it first, it is very odd that they have yet to move the main series to the 3DS yet.

Again, yet must it be the DS? Why must it come BEFORE Gen 6? Can we not have Gen 5 without remakes? I see nothing wrong with Gen 6 coming and THEN Gen 3 remakes, if we get them at all.

They would rush it to sell more consoles. That's where they make their money. Think about it: Would Nintendo rather someone buy 2 $35 Pokemon games on a DS they've owned for years, or would they want them to buy the $170 console as well? Nintendo knows that the Pokemon main series is very popular, which is why they'd want to use it to make money off of its consoles. A main series Pokemon game on the 3DS would surely increase sales of the 3DS.

And the 3DS XL has already been released, which is another sign they really should move to the 3DS already.

If Gen 6 on the 3DS comes in 2014, the 3DS will be over 3 years old. That would be a terrible decision to make. It's refusing to accept advances in technology, which usually gets you left behind. Game Freak has a chance to upgrade their games, but refusing to do so will hurt them.

Common sense says that releasing games on a dead system is a bad idea. There's a reason why Game Boy games are no longer made.

Game Freak wanted to release Gen 5 before the 3DS. That's fine and makes sense for that release period. But now, the 3DS has been out for a year and a half. By the time the next game (whatever it is) comes out, the 3DS will be 2 years old. That's plenty of time to sell units. They really have no reason to not release the next games on the 3DS.

Well my friend i must say you raise many good issues.

Well first off all of my arguments are based on the idea that the remakes would be part of gen 5. I was also under the impression that every one here thought the same. You were right to call me out on that. The fact is that by assuming it would be in gen 5 I was really limiting the ideas that could take place.

And for that matter YOUR RIGHT. The remakes doesnt have to be on gen 5. And if they are on gen 6 well than by all means they need to be on the 3ds.

Second your right again. A main game on the 3ds will increase 3ds sales. Thats exactly what will eventually happen.
My friend it would appear your not understanding where im coming from. Yes the Nintendo company COULD ( keyword) make more money in 2013 with the combined sales of 3ds and 3ds main pokemon games. But like in many interviews GF have stated that they want to put a main game out on the system that has the most units out there, so everyone can play. They even put out a special 3ds only feature in the form of AR searcher for those who went out and purchased a 3ds. If the remakes come out in gen 5( and as you so wisely pointed out they may not-in which case my point is mute) they could easily include special features only available on the 3ds.

now please dont take the following all caps to mean im yelling, i just want it to stand out
IN TERMS OF RELEASING A MAIN POKEMON GAME
ON A NEXT GEN SYSTEM AND THAT SAID GAME
PROMOTING HIGHER UNIT SALES , YOU ONLY HAVE
ONE SHOT. NOW ASK YOURSELVES WOULD YOU WANT
TO WASTE THAT CHANCE ON A REMAKE? OR ON A BRAND
NEW GENERATION? ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL IT WOULD COST
IS ONE MORE YEAR...............
My friend regardless of when a pokemon game comes out on the 3ds Nintendo will make it rain lol the question is whether it be in 2013 or 2014

And also your argument that Game Freak will get left behind if it doesn't act fast is mute. If they miss a chance to develop a game on the 3ds they will do it on the next gen platform.

In fact pokemon games could be use for not only promoting sales( life) of new platforms, it can also be use to extend the life of previous platforms. WHILE MAKING NINTENDO TONS OF MONEY.
Lets face it when it come to video games POKEMON IS THE SAGE OF THE SIXTH PATHS LOL

Game Freak's philosophy, as stated on their website, is "To give the people of the world enjoyment, fun and discovery by continuously creating games of superior quality. And to encourage bravery, hope, kindness, dreams and an adventurous spirit.
And if a superior quality of game means the remakes be on the ds wouldn't you want Game Freak to do it?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Sup guys. Wow, I haven't posted here for a while, but the Hoenn fever hit me again recently, and I went digging for info. I stumbled upon this timeline, you might find it interesting:

http://www.dipity.com/pkmnwest/The-History-of-Pokemon-RPGs_1/?mode=fs

It basically details the releases and build ups to the main games in the series. It really hammers home the patterns that have been reccuring over the years, and lead me to believe that:

What the next main games are won't become obvious until around february.
Comparing where we are now to previous years, there has been no new info regarding games between the months of october and december for years. We're effectively in a dry spell. However in december, a trailer for the next film should come out, revealing a tentative title, and a bit of the plot. Then in February the true hero of the film will be revealed in CoroCoro, and whoever that is will decide whether the next games are Gen 6 or Hoenn Remakes.
This is the same thing that has happened every year for about 7 years now. Its a shame, but the pattern just doesn't lie.

The only other thing that could happen is the remakes could be announced very soon, and released to coincide with their anniversary in November. Unfortunately I don't think that'll happen as then there'll be no time to advertise it to the public and get them excited. However... did you know Junichi Masuda will be appearing on Smash in October?

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/246416797874671617

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Well my friend i must say you raise many good issues.

Well first off all of my arguments are based on the idea that the remakes would be part of gen 5. I was also under the impression that every one here thought the same. You were right to call me out on that. The fact is that by assuming it would be in gen 5 I was really limiting the ideas that could take place.

And for that matter YOUR RIGHT. The remakes doesnt have to be on gen 5. And if they are on gen 6 well than by all means they need to be on the 3ds.

I think that people only want remakes next because it "follows the pattern", which has been broken with B2W2. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to revisit Hoenn, or any game if they choose to remake them. Whether they are DS or 3DS games won't matter to me. I got a 3DS last Christmas (which I love) but even if I hadn't, I was planning on buying one myself eventually.

The thing I see is that people seem to think the 3DS is no different than the DSi or DSLite, in that it is just another "Super DS" when it isn't. Some people are outright saying they will NEVER buy a 3DS and some think that Nintendo will eventually give up on promoting the 3DS and just return to the DS. That isn't going to happen and I can't figure out why some people think it could. I understand that people don't want to pay $170 for a handheld, but that didn't stop people from buying a PS3 when they were $400 and $500.

Second your right again. A main game on the 3ds will increase 3ds sales. Thats exactly what will eventually happen.
My friend it would appear your not understanding where im coming from. Yes the Nintendo company COULD ( keyword) make more money in 2013 with the combined sales of 3ds and 3ds main pokemon games. But like in many interviews GF have stated that they want to put a main game out on the system that has the most units out there, so everyone can play.

They even put out a special 3ds only feature in the form of AR searcher for those who went out and purchased a 3ds.

That means GF doesn't believe the 3DS will sell, even with the release of a 3DS Pokemon game. Like I said earlier, it makes sense that Gen 5 would be on the DS since the 3DS had yet to be released. But now, the 3DS has had time to show off what it can do. Things like the Pokedex 3D Pro and the Dream Radar are great ideas that I think they will get some people to buy a 3DS just for those, but a true main series will be the big attraction.

If the remakes come out in gen 5( and as you so wisely pointed out they may not-in which case my point is mute) they could easily include special features only available on the 3ds.

Even with special features, if it's on the DS in 2013, that's still gonna send the message to people that they don't need a 3DS, which isn't gonna make Nintendo happy. Nintendo MIGHT be fine with it if it were going to be released in 2012, but I don't seem them supporting any new DS games after 2012 is over.

now please dont take the following all caps to mean im yelling, i just want it to stand out
IN TERMS OF RELEASING A MAIN POKEMON GAME
ON A NEXT GEN SYSTEM AND THAT SAID GAME
PROMOTING HIGHER UNIT SALES , YOU ONLY HAVE
ONE SHOT. NOW ASK YOURSELVES WOULD YOU WANT
TO WASTE THAT CHANCE ON A REMAKE? OR ON A BRAND
NEW GENERATION? ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL IT WOULD COST
IS ONE MORE YEAR...............
My friend regardless of when a pokemon game comes out on the 3ds Nintendo will make it rain lol the question is whether it be in 2013 or 2014

Obviously, the 3DS debut for the main series will be Gen 6. It wouldn't make sense for a remake to come first, then totally new Pokemon, moves and other things that would immediately make the Gen 3 remakes old news.

As for when, I still think 2013 will have a main series game. 2011 didn't have one, so we shouldn't expect them to skip 2013 especially since B2W2 were released in June. In 2014, the 3DS will be 3 years old. I can't see them waiting that long to make the jump.

And also your argument that Game Freak will get left behind if it doesn't act fast is mute. If they miss a chance to develop a game on the 3ds they will do it on the next gen platform.

They could, but if people won't buy a 3DS, why would they buy what replaces it? The key is to encourage people to upgrade. If they can't do that, they'll go out of business. Or Nintendo might actually consider cutting ties with Game Freak if GF decides they'd rather keep waiting to make a game that they all know will sell.

In fact pokemon games could be use for not only promoting sales( life) of new platforms, it can also be use to extend the life of previous platforms. WHILE MAKING NINTENDO TONS OF MONEY.
Lets face it when it come to video games POKEMON IS THE SAGE OF THE SIXTH PATHS LOL

Nintendo doesn't want to extend the life of previous platforms. That's why some of the GameCube's popular games were remade to play on with the Wii's controls, like Pikmin. To be honest, I still don't own a PS3. One reason is that there are few PS3 games that interest me, but I was also able to buy several games that were available on both the PS2 and PS3, and some on the Xbox 360, so I didn't need to buy one to play the games I wanted. Yes, Nintendo will still make money, but they'll want to take the option that makes their newest platform look good and makes them more money.

Game Freak's philosophy, as stated on their website, is "To give the people of the world enjoyment, fun and discovery by continuously creating games of superior quality. And to encourage bravery, hope, kindness, dreams and an adventurous spirit.
And if a superior quality of game means the remakes be on the ds wouldn't you want Game Freak to do it?

It depends on what exactly "superior quality" would be. In terms of the platform itself, the 3DS is far superior to the DS, including the extra featuers like the Dream Radar and the Therian Formes. With the 3DS being the much better system in terms of technology, the better choice would be to go with it. The only thing good about keeping it on the DS is to keep people from needing to buy a 3DS to play it. If they want to keep Pokemon on the DS just because more people have a DS than a 3DS, then why have they jumped from the Game Boy to the GBC, from that to the GBA, and that to the DS? More people had the previous platforms than the new ones in all those cases, but that didn't stop them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The only other thing that could happen is the remakes could be announced very soon, and released to coincide with their anniversary in November. Unfortunately I don't think that'll happen as then there'll be no time to advertise it to the public and get them excited. However... did you know Junichi Masuda will be appearing on Smash in October?

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/246416797874671617

Generally they are released for the anniversary, that won't happen this year as if its announced now, they won't be released until 2013 which breaks the Anniversary thing.

Also this has happened before. Junichi Masuda to make an "Important Announcement" on Smash. Ended up being the Mewtwo Download event. To my knowledge they don't have a current event running at the moment and the games are still brand new so I doubt we'll get remake info. Could happen yes, but least likely scenario since they are going to want to milk B2W2 as long as possible.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Generally they are released for the anniversary, that won't happen this year as if its announced now, they won't be released until 2013 which breaks the Anniversary thing.
To my knowledge they don't have a current event running at the moment and the games are still brand new so I doubt we'll get remake info. Could happen yes, but least likely scenario since they are going to want to milk B2W2 as long as possible.
Yeah, that's why I don't think the next games will be unveiled until next year. Probably April/May.
Also this has happened before. Junichi Masuda to make an "Important Announcement" on Smash. Ended up being the Mewtwo Download event.
Haha yeah, I saw that in the timeline under the amusing title 'A wild troll appears!'

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think that people only want remakes next because it "follows the pattern", which has been broken with B2W2. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to revisit Hoenn, or any game if they choose to remake them. Whether they are DS or 3DS games won't matter to me. I got a 3DS last Christmas (which I love) but even if I hadn't, I was planning on buying one myself eventually.

The thing I see is that people seem to think the 3DS is no different than the DSi or DSLite, in that it is just another "Super DS" when it isn't. Some people are outright saying they will NEVER buy a 3DS and some think that Nintendo will eventually give up on promoting the 3DS and just return to the DS. That isn't going to happen and I can't figure out why some people think it could. I understand that people don't want to pay $170 for a handheld, but that didn't stop people from buying a PS3 when they were $400 and $500.

That means GF doesn't believe the 3DS will sell, even with the release of a 3DS Pokemon game. Like I said earlier, it makes sense that Gen 5 would be on the DS since the 3DS had yet to be released. But now, the 3DS has had time to show off what it can do. Things like the Pokedex 3D Pro and the Dream Radar are great ideas that I think they will get some people to buy a 3DS just for those, but a true main series will be the big attraction.

Even with special features, if it's on the DS in 2013, that's still gonna send the message to people that they don't need a 3DS, which isn't gonna make Nintendo happy. Nintendo MIGHT be fine with it if it were going to be released in 2012, but I don't seem them supporting any new DS games after 2012 is over.

Obviously, the 3DS debut for the main series will be Gen 6. It wouldn't make sense for a remake to come first, then totally new Pokemon, moves and other things that would immediately make the Gen 3 remakes old news.

As for when, I still think 2013 will have a main series game. 2011 didn't have one, so we shouldn't expect them to skip 2013 especially since B2W2 were released in June. In 2014, the 3DS will be 3 years old. I can't see them waiting that long to make the jump.

They could, but if people won't buy a 3DS, why would they buy what replaces it? The key is to encourage people to upgrade. If they can't do that, they'll go out of business. Or Nintendo might actually consider cutting ties with Game Freak if GF decides they'd rather keep waiting to make a game that they all know will sell.

Nintendo doesn't want to extend the life of previous platforms. That's why some of the GameCube's popular games were remade to play on with the Wii's controls, like Pikmin. To be honest, I still don't own a PS3. One reason is that there are few PS3 games that interest me, but I was also able to buy several games that were available on both the PS2 and PS3, and some on the Xbox 360, so I didn't need to buy one to play the games I wanted. Yes, Nintendo will still make money, but they'll want to take the option that makes their newest platform look good and makes them more money.

It depends on what exactly "superior quality" would be. In terms of the platform itself, the 3DS is far superior to the DS, including the extra featuers like the Dream Radar and the Therian Formes. With the 3DS being the much better system in terms of technology, the better choice would be to go with it. The only thing good about keeping it on the DS is to keep people from needing to buy a 3DS to play it. If they want to keep Pokemon on the DS just because more people have a DS than a 3DS, then why have they jumped from the Game Boy to the GBC, from that to the GBA, and that to the DS? More people had the previous platforms than the new ones in all those cases, but that didn't stop them.

Again my friend you make very very good points.

I'm actually glad you brought up that people think the 3Ds is some super DS. And with this I'm totally with you. By not having main games on the 3ds Game Freak is missing out on all the amazing wireless features on the 3Ds, which frankly when I first heard about it I imediatlly thought the 3DS was made for Pokemon.

And I also love the point you made by saying if there not released on the 3DS it kinda gives the impression that GF doesn't believe in the 3DS ability to sell , it was brilliant. And I 100% agree with that GF will have to do something to get people to buy the 3DS and a main game would absolutely do that, your right on the money with that and I couldn't agree with you more.
But if I may, couldn't you see them holding out on putting the remakes on the 3ds as actually them having faith in the 3ds sales? What I mean to say is that they can realize that the 3ds will sell at an incredible rate it just needs more time. And also maybe they can make pokemon games more HD like and more artistic details now that the 3DS xl is out( since the screen is much bigger ) now I could not be making sense since I'm not sure if screen size and graphics plAy a part together. So by the they do come out with a 3DS main game , it wouldn't have the pressure of carrying a platform just induceing sales via people who are major pokemon fans , or special edition 3DS xl with the new games.

And the point you made with the remakes not being on gen 5 but rather on gen 6 is again correct. We are just assuming that it will based on some pattern. So if it is for Gen 6 then my point is mute.

And as for superior quality game, your right when you say that on a techinecal or mechanical basis the 3Ds would make a superior quality game. But I was talking about in a sense of fun and that what kind of game would be available for the most people to play. And if you look at it from that standpoint which I think GF is doing you can't argue with the fact that more people will be able to play the gen 5 hoen remakes if they were on the DS rather than the 3DS.

And I'm with you GF needs a main game on the 3DS and as soon as possible or this can repeat and we could have gen 6 and 7 on the same platform , not to mention the fact that they are missing out on all the epicness the 3ds offers.

It's just my belief that if the remakes will be part of gen5 they will come out the DS for the same reason BW 2 did. SO THAT THE MOST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GET TO PLAY IT WITHOUT HAVING TO UPGRADE THERE SYSTEM JUST TO FINISH THIS GENERATION( again this isn't yelling I just wanted it to stand out lol)
But again if GF thinks that putting the gen 5 Hoenn remakes on the 3DS will make a truly superior quality game then BRING IT ON. I've been playing pokemon since Red so I have complete confidence that GF knows what they are doing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

Also this has happened before. Junichi Masuda to make an "Important Announcement" on Smash. Ended up being the Mewtwo Download event. To my knowledge they don't have a current event running at the moment and the games are still brand new so I doubt we'll get remake info. Could happen yes, but least likely scenario since they are going to want to milk B2W2 as long as possible.
Interestingly 2013 is the 10th anniversity of International releases. Also irc RG remakes weren't release for their 10th anniversity either...maybe it's a odd generation thing...

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Interestingly 2013 is the 10th anniversity of International releases. Also irc RG remakes weren't release for their 10th anniversity either...maybe it's a odd generation thing...
Aha! See this is where the timeline comes in really useful.

Red and Green were released in Japan on Feb 27, 1996
FireRed and LeafGreen were released on Jan 29, 2004.

Source: http://www.dipity.com/pkmnwest/The-History-of-Pokemon-RPGs_1/

So no, they came out nowhere near the 10th anniversary. In fact, Diamond and Pearl were released closer, as they came out in 2006.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
As anybody thought of if this remake is for gen 5 will it be during the time of BW or BW 2?
I think it would be between because in BW there is no mention of team Aqua or Magma but I guess in BW2 there's a Aqua/Magma grunt in the house that belonged to the ex team rocket member. But who knows

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Aha! See this is where the timeline comes in really useful.

Red and Green were released in Japan on Feb 27, 1996
FireRed and LeafGreen were released on Jan 29, 2004.

Source: http://www.dipity.com/pkmnwest/The-History-of-Pokemon-RPGs_1/

So no, they came out nowhere near the 10th anniversary. In fact, Diamond and Pearl were released closer, as they came out in 2006.

So what you are saying is, one of the biggest supporting arguments for the remakes being made in a certain time period was all hogwash?

I have no problem with this XD

As anybody thought of if this remake is for gen 5 will it be during the time of BW or BW 2?
I think it would be between because in BW there is no mention of team Aqua or Magma but I guess in BW2 there's a Aqua/Magma grunt in the house that belonged to the ex team rocket member. But who knows

The easter egg for the two grunts: the grunts say it was many years ago so it would be before the incident of B2W2 since that's how they reference TR and Galactic. Magma and Aqua just aren't as note worthy.

blue

gucci
Years
At the moment the pattern is erratic, FRLG was 8 years after their originals, HGSS was 10 years after their originals, RS remakes could be 9 years after their originals which would be 2013 or they could be longer. Although I think it's likely that they will debut in 2013 since I can't see anything else that would fit better as a mainstream game next year.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
So what you are saying is, one of the biggest supporting arguments for the remakes being made in a certain time period was all hogwash?

I have no problem with this XD
Well, HeartGold and SoulSilver did coincide with Gold and Silvers 10th anniversary, so there is some precedent there. But not as much as there could be. Just saying, if they don't come out in November (which they won't) it isn't the end of the world.

At the moment the pattern is erratic, FRLG was 8 years after their originals, HGSS was 10 years after their originals, RS remakes could be 9 years after their originals which would be 2013 or they could be longer. Although I think it's likely that they will debut in 2013 since I can't see anything else that would fit better as a mainstream game next year.

The only possible games we could get are Grey/BW3, Gen 6 or Remakes. I'll admit, remakes are the most likely, but there is another option; we could get nothing. Look at the gap between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl, it was almost 2 years. And we faced the same situation we do now, a console switch.

blue

gucci
Years
The only possible games we could get are Grey/BW3, Gen 6 or Remakes. I'll admit, remakes are the most likely, but there is another option; we could get nothing. Look at the gap between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl, it was almost 2 years. And we faced the same situation we do now, a console switch.

Hm, I just don't see Gen 6 happening in 2013, especially with B2W2 hitting International shores near the end of 2012, it seems too rushed. I can see remakes being announced around early 2013 as they seem to do that with previous games (HGSS & BW were both revealed in May) and there was a 3 year gap between the release of Diamond & Pearl and Heartgold & Soul Silver. Black and White were released in 2010 so by logic the next set of remakes Should come around sometime in 2013 so if they stick to that pattern of revealing early in the year, releasing for Japan a few months later in say September/October/November which would be the 11 year anniversary then we would get them some time Spring 2014 which would most likely be followed by the unveiling of Gen 6. I'm just basing this of previous patterns and how I think this will all play out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2012
Yeah They Should remake RSE but u know the weird thing is if there gonna keep making remakes eventually aren't going end up making remakes of the D/P/Pl games???????

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Hm, I just don't see Gen 6 happening in 2013, especially with B2W2 hitting International shores near the end of 2012, it seems too rushed. I can see remakes being announced around early 2013 as they seem to do that with previous games (HGSS & BW were both revealed in May) and there was a 3 year gap between the release of Diamond & Pearl and Heartgold & Soul Silver. Black and White were released in 2010 so by logic the next set of remakes Should come around sometime in 2013 so if they stick to that pattern of revealing early in the year, releasing for Japan a few months later in say September/October/November which would be the 11 year anniversary then we would get them some time Spring 2014 which would most likely be followed by the unveiling of Gen 6. I'm just basing this of previous patterns and how I think this will all play out.
If, and only IF remakes come out next year, here is how I think it'll go down:

December 2012: The first trailer for the next movie, starring Genesect, will be released along with the preliminary movie title.
February 2013: CoroCoro will reveal the real hero of the movie, and hint towards the hoenn remakes, maybe by revealing a poster with the starters or something. The movie title will be amended.
April/May 2013: The games will be revealed
September 2013: The games will be released

And between December and April, merchandise for the movie will leak, hinting towards the remakes by including Hoenn Pokemon.

This is all based on what has happened for like the past 7 years, according to the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back