• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Purchasing and Selling Pokemon (and other things)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
While the main way to capture pokemon is to simply battle it and when it's low enough you throw whatever type of pokeball you want at it, the series have also introduces many other ways to gain pokemon. For instance, you can 'purchase' Magikarp from a salesman for abouuuut 500 yen. There is also the game corners at pregen V where you can technically purchase pokemon like Porygon for game coins. Some called it unethical, because well, you're technically not supposed to 'buy' pokemon, but, hey, it's a game; buying pokemon can be fun! Around gen V, I think there ar eno chances to purchase pokemon, but still:

Would you say there should be a chance to technically 'purchase' pokemon from shady salesmen? Would you say there will be more opportunities to purchase pokemon from people like salesman? What types of pokemon (or maybe things like slowpoketail) do you expect to purchase? What do you think they will charge you? Should trainers other than salesman get the opportunity to sell 'pokemon' in X&Y?

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
We need someone who thought he caught he caught a mutated magikarp that the player can buy for 500 pokedollars and turns out it is actually a feebas!

Years
I know this sounds crazy......but I really wish that you can purchase Pokemon like the other game - Skylanders. but I know that would be VERY expensive ! but like you do with Skylanders , summoning your creature through a portal......But with Pokemon, you somehow summon/obtain a Pokemon by buying it's figure (maybe also in a box with a Pokeball.....the Pokeball serving the purpose of the portal) and then you obtain that Pokemon. But yeah...it would make the game and its franchise vastly expensive....but the Pokemon figures can maybe only be limited to a few. Gosh that would be so cool!

But in game would be fun as well :) I remember in the previous games you could use your game corner coins to purchase Pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only Pokemon it's okay to sell is Magikarp. lmao That should be a must. I know you could win Pokemon as prizes in Game Corners, so if we have that or some form of it, it'd be nice to see some hard to get Pokemon return to it, like Eevee, Porygon, and some new gen VI stuff.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I know this sounds crazy......but I really wish that you can purchase Pokemon like the other game - Skylanders. but I know that would be VERY expensive ! but like you do with Skylanders , summoning your creature through a portal......But with Pokemon, you somehow summon/obtain a Pokemon by buying it's figure (maybe also in a box with a Pokeball.....the Pokeball serving the purpose of the portal) and then you obtain that Pokemon. But yeah...it would make the game and its franchise vastly expensive....but the Pokemon figures can maybe only be limited to a few. Gosh that would be so cool!

But in game would be fun as well :) I remember in the previous games you could use your game corner coins to purchase Pokemon

I would be surprised if "Pokelander's" never happened.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Well, I think the feature of purchasing Pokémon should actually return in Pokémon X and Y, but instead... I'd really appreciate it if it isn't purchasing a Pokémon like Magikarp, knowing that you can already capture one with an Old Rod.

But I think instead they should have it on certain days in a year in where some salesman sells a shiny Pokémon, wouldn't that be great? Or if there's the return of Game Corners, maybe after you get a certain amount of coins from playing Pokémon Arcade games that you'd then buy prizes such as Pokémon that you can only get as prizes in a Game Corner, like Porygon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The Magikarp Salesman would like a word with you.

Seriously, being able to sell a Pokémon to an in-game NPC who really badly has been searching for one of "N" could be interesting. It could be designed to help the player get a lot of money to buy stuff for their adventure. This could introduce a bug, however; you could be wandering around with no Pokémon after the sale. So it won't happen.

Cyclone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The Magikarp salesman was in Gen V. I'd like to be able to buy a couple more Pokémon in this Generation. As for selling, I don't like the idea, as I'd probably sell a heap of mine, not to mention you could just breed Pokémon and make heaps of money.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Hmm for some reason I just can't warm to the idea. I feel like it would never be as satisfying as catching your Pokemon, though the thought of like a shiny on a certain day of the year does sound quite sweet!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2022
Hmm for some reason I just can't warm to the idea. I feel like it would never be as satisfying as catching your Pokemon, though the thought of like a shiny on a certain day of the year does sound quite sweet!

Not satisfying? Buying porygon from the game corner was one of the satisfying pokemon experience i've had in my life.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'm okay with the Magikarp trainer and game corner Pokemon but I don't know if you should be able to buy or sell Pokemon. I'd be okay though if say the daycare centre has baby Pokemon up for adoption because of trainers who didn't want their Poke-eggs and I guess the daycare centre could charge since they need the extra income in today's Pokeconomy.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Just to play devil's advocate, what if the pokemon(s) in question was something that you can't find in the wild ever, so you'd have no choice but to buy it?

I mean, I agree with that taking away the point of capturing pokemon, but still!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
We need someone who thought he caught he caught a mutated magikarp that the player can buy for 500 pokedollars and turns out it is actually a feebas!

I will settle for kingdra but PLEASE let there be milotic in gen 6 and preferrably early on (doubtful because it's so strong). I will treasure that feebas for however long before I can trade evolve it.

These are a couple of my favorite water types and the only water type in gen 5 I could get on board with is starmie and maybe seismitoad. Most of them were just annoyingly SLOW. I do like bulkiness sometimes but there are so many water types with base 60 - 70 speed. I'm just not huge on slow pokemon; especially when they have few or no ways to up thier speed or damage outside of baton pass shinanigans.

Last edited:
Back