• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Region Name Speculation v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Bulbagarden's news page seems to call it the Karosu region.

I wonder what the English name will be. Given that the official site for the US seems to keep up with news released in Japan a day early, I think we'll find out around the 14th or 15th.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hm. well, isshu was the only region where the name changed a lot (isshu > unova). so judging by that pattern I think it might be completely different in English, but I think it might just keep Karosu which isn't too nice of a name imo. MAKES ME THINK OF CARROTS :'(

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Karos isn't all that bad, but i they may change it so something more...french?
Since the region seems to be based on France and all that

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like Karos for now but I do really hope that they "Frenchify" it like Zorogami said, I love the fact that the region is based on France and I'm interested to see what they do for the region name and the cities and everything.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm looking forward to it as well, although tbh i hope they'll include some elements from other european countries, like spain-inspired Beaches or Snowy Scandinavian regions!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am hoping the English name starts with a f. One name I came up with on the top of my head was Frona. But for some reason I remember something similar already being used in Pokemon somewhere. Frona was a name a came up with by thinking about Unova and France.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If they do frenchify "Karos" for the english version I would like if it was pronounced "Ka-rose" or "Ka-ruse"

That sounds quite french to me.

Years
The name karos means carriage in greek so it doesnt get me all that excited...
My online dictionary says this about the word:

カロス (n) kaross (cloak made of animal skin)

There's a wikipedia page for the (English) word 'kaross' here. It doesn't seem related though.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
My online dictionary says this about the word:

カロス (n) kaross (cloak made of animal skin)

There's a wikipedia page for the (English) word 'kaross' here. It doesn't seem related though.

Interesting, very interesting, maybe if someone else works out the meaning of Miaré then we can figure out the region's "theme"
(Kanto was a paint palette as was Johto, Unova was material in japan and cloud formations in English)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...fashion! France is based upon fashion. Cloaks are worn in fashion, and measuring tapes are used in fashion too. The names have helped us figure out the theme imo. :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
...fashion! France is based upon fashion. Cloaks are worn in fashion, and measuring tapes are used in fashion too. The names have helped us figure out the theme imo. :3
So, the theme is fashion?

Cyclone

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
So, the theme is fashion?

Cyclone

That totally works!! Fashion will be the most likely theme then, at least in the Japanese version, although it might be that too in English, we'll have to wait for next saturday when Pokemon.com will likely update with the english info

blue

gucci
Years
Well one of the new trainer class' is apparently a "Mini Skirt" and Fashion can be coupled up with France so it would make sense really.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well one of the new trainer class' is apparently a "Mini Skirt" and Fashion can be coupled up with France so it would make sense really.
*arches eyebrows*

"Mini Skirt Hottie would like to battle!"

I can't see them calling it like that in English...keep in mind children play these games, too...

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back