• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
Ah, really? For me Phanpy only spawned on one certain tile and would always spawn on that tile. And by one time do you mean like Shadowballthingy (The first visit)? Or just when you first see them?

I found the story to make quite a bit of sense actually (Maybe I've tapped into the Snakewood force or something.) and didn't really find anything to be inconsistency, nonsensicality or not fitting (Besides glitches like the rockman I posted) it blended all together pretty well I believe. But of course that could be because I went into the game not expecting a Pokemon game, and I've played/read far too many mega hyper ultra crossover thingys and just complete nonsense off-the-wall stuff in general.

I was just disappointed by the lack of the Four Horsemen, I was hoping/half-expecting for some battle royale with them and the player character being hailed ruler of everything afterwards or something like that.

On a different subject. How do you know you've visited every secret place in the Madio caves?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Ah, really? For me Phanpy only spawned on one certain tile and would always spawn on that tile. And by one time do you mean like Shadowballthingy (The first visit)? Or just when you first see them?

I found the story to make quite a bit of sense actually (Maybe I've tapped into the Snakewood force or something.) and didn't really find anything to be inconsistency, nonsensicality or not fitting (Besides glitches like the rockman I posted) it blended all together pretty well I believe. But of course that could be because I went into the game not expecting a Pokemon game, and I've played/read far too many mega hyper ultra crossover thingys and just complete nonsense off-the-wall stuff in general.

I was just disappointed by the lack of the Four Horsemen, I was hoping/half-expecting for some battle royale with them and the player character being hailed ruler of everything afterwards or something like that.

On a different subject. How do you know you've visited every secret place in the Madio caves?

The tiles don't randomly choose a Pokémon to battle. Each tile can give only one specific battle with one specific species. The most common types of tile start battles with level 4 or 5 Hombone and Geodude. The second most common tiles start battles with Phanpy. Then there are rare tiles, one-of-a-kind, that start battles with certain other Pokémon that can't be obtained in any other way. Unlike the other tiles, which can be used over and over again, these tiles break after you've stepped on them - so if you want the Pokémon they give, then you need to catch them first time around.

The Madio Caves... eh, I don't know how you know. I think if you've been to Haruko's Gym, the secret jungle area, the caves in which you fight the Film Student and the Young Couple, and the area in different-coloured stone where someone using my name turns you back, then you've been everywhere.

Though I can't help but feel I'm forgetting something.

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
Years
The deadly "seven" are hillarious. I like the one who thinks he's a commander and the one who made a bubblegum and arsenic cake, and the one who narrates everything.

HackHackHack

Alias RayFlame
Years
The tiles don't randomly choose a Pokémon to battle. Each tile can give only one specific battle with one specific species. The most common types of tile start battles with level 4 or 5 Hombone and Geodude. The second most common tiles start battles with Phanpy. Then there are rare tiles, one-of-a-kind, that start battles with certain other Pokémon that can't be obtained in any other way. Unlike the other tiles, which can be used over and over again, these tiles break after you've stepped on them - so if you want the Pokémon they give, then you need to catch them first time around.

The Madio Caves... eh, I don't know how you know. I think if you've been to Haruko's Gym, the secret jungle area, the caves in which you fight the Film Student and the Young Couple, and the area in different-coloured stone where someone using my name turns you back, then you've been everywhere.

Uh.....the next update in the tunnel-there was a sprite saying that the Madio Caves were not complete and why are the Madio Caves wall made out of compressed jelly?

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Was the egg supposed to hatch into a Mysteryegg???

From what i remember

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, any tips on how to start mining?

Last edited:

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
Been playing Snakewood, and I must say, brilliant combination. Pokemon and Zombies? Two of my favorite things! I can't wait till everything is finished. :D

On a different note; progression through the game - is there an easier way to beat the innumerable dark-types I seem to be encountering? I usually just level up till I'm fi
ve to ten higher then my enemy, but with all the type disadvantages I'm running into, I'm getting a little upset. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the game. :)

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
the Film Student

The Film Student, was he the one in the part that came out on Victory Road? I for the life of me can't remember what kind of trainer I fought there.

Cutlerine

Years
Spoiler:

So, any tips on how to start mining?

Take your Miner Doll to the Abandoned Mines and set it going on a blue rock.

Been playing Snakewood, and I must say, brilliant combination. Pokemon and Zombies? Two of my favorite things! I can't wait till everything is finished. :D

On a different note; progression through the game - is there an easier way to beat the innumerable dark-types I seem to be encountering? I usually just level up till I'm fi
ve to ten higher then my enemy, but with all the type disadvantages I'm running into, I'm getting a little upset. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the game. :)

Dark-types are used by Film Students, Demon Corpses, Pirates and the Gym Leader Haruko Haruhara. They're pretty easy to take down with a Fighting-type - there ought to be one in Solar Caverns - but before then, Taillow does the trick quite well, since his good Attack punches through their weak defences.

The Film Student, was he the one in the part that came out on Victory Road? I for the life of me can't remember what kind of trainer I fought there.

No. That was a Lost Soul.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Take your Miner Doll to the Abandoned Mines and set it going on a blue rock.
That's the problem - I can't. I bought the doll & TM, but when I go to the mines, upon activating the rocks I get a message that it looks like blue candy. And when I try to use the doll from my backpack, I get the message about Birch's voice. Am I missing something?

They're pretty easy to take down with a Fighting-type - there ought to be one in Solar Caverns - but before then, Taillow does the trick quite well, since his good Attack punches through their weak defences.
I'll add that catching a Shroomish and evolving it into Breloom is also a good option - and Leech Seed works as a Wonder Guard killer ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2011
I just started playing this hack. I'm loving it (:

I found a shiny sandshrew in the desert~ my first random encounter shiny ^_^

I was wondering, I want a lanturn and giraferig on my team, are those pokemon found later in the game like they are in the normal ruby or should I start considering different memebers?

StevinSisairno

Traveling Athlete
Years
Heavy Drinker?

About the drinking games:
I won the first one, and i got pretty close to beating the 2nd. Is there some button pattern I need to input or is it just random luck? I keep trying and I usually lose after the first try. What do I do? Just keep trying or am I doing something wrong?

Years
I just started playing this hack. I'm loving it (:

I found a shiny sandshrew in the desert~ my first random encounter shiny ^_^

I was wondering, I want a lanturn and giraferig on my team, are those pokemon found later in the game like they are in the normal ruby or should I start considering different memebers?

When did you find that Shiny Sandshrew? If you found it right after battling the pink Aerodactyl, I was right that both my shiny Sandshrew and your shiny Sandshrew were shiny because of a glitch.

Most of them come later, so you should use replacements until you can catch those.

Cutlerine

Years
About the drinking games:
I won the first one, and i got pretty close to beating the 2nd. Is there some button pattern I need to input or is it just random luck? I keep trying and I usually lose after the first try. What do I do? Just keep trying or am I doing something wrong?

It's just luck, I'm afraid; just put it on super-speed and keep pressing 'A'.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
havent posted here in a while (i don't think that i have ever posted in this thread!) anyways, i always check up on this hack to see if any new updates have been posted, im really looking forward to the sidequests and stuff, and btw, shouldn't this be in hacks showcase? it was long overdue that this hack should be there.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When did you find that Shiny Sandshrew? If you found it right after battling the pink Aerodactyl, I was right that both my shiny Sandshrew and your shiny Sandshrew were shiny because of a glitch.
From mypoint of view, as a hacker, it is not a glitch in terms of "glitch" :D
I suppose that Aerodactyl was meant to be shiny and if you are saying that you met shiny Sandshrew right after shiny Aerodactyl then it's not glitch it's just after effect of wrong use of Shinyzer =)
I can guess that Aerodactyl's script has line in which it tells ROM to make it shiny, but also to make another pokemon player encounters shiny.
So it's just small scripting error =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2011

Most of them come later, so you should use replacements until you can catch those.

Nah I found my sandshrew before I found the areodactyl.

--

Also, I'm still curious about the lanturn and giraferig thing.
Alsoalso; any one know what you do after return to lilycove after beating the dragon gym?

Last edited:

StevinSisairno

Traveling Athlete
Years
Thanks! And by the way...

Cutlerine:
thanks for answering my message. And I don't know if this has been brought up or not, But after beating the pokemon league and flying back to Lilycove, The Deadly Seven are back inside the Department Store. But other than that, I'm having an enjoyable time with this hack, keep up the good work.

P.S. The shiny pokemon you get in the desert may or may not be a glitch, but not many people are getting it and I have a shiny Flygon, so I'm not complaining.

Back