• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wonder if there will be a midnight release, if there is, I might actually go to it.

Gamestops near work said there shouldn't be as Pokemon itself isn't that big to warrant a Midnight release, though those could always be a local specific thing. I know we've never had a Midnight release for Pokemon Games where I live.

As for projected dates, I dunno about other countries, but US releases Nintendo games on Sundays. I think I posted this a while back, but ya. The Gamestops by me have the games release listed as Nov, 1st to keep the entire month of October open for possible release.

blue

gucci
Years
They never do midnight releases, not near me anyway but I think with these being the first on the 3DS they could possibly do a midnight release in some areas.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I imagine in some locations there could be certain GameStops that may possibly do midnight releases, but I doubt it's popular enough to be held here in my area. Even if there was one though, I doubt I'd go. To pick it up at midnight, I'd only want to play it immediately after. Sleep? What's sleep? I know of no such thing.

However, since I consider every hour of sleep precious at night, I would simply just choose to skip the midnight release, pick it up early on release day, and play it for hours after that well rested.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think I would benefit from a midnight release, by the time I'd bought it, got home etc it would probaby be about 12:30 so it would be hard to get into unless I was going to play it all night which I doubt I would. It would be much easier to just get it early in the morning and play it all day, I much prefer doing that and it makes it much more enjoyable.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I know this is late but I really love the new eeveelution! I hope it's a fighting type!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I know this is late but I really love the new eeveelution! I hope it's a fighting type!

Same, at first I was kinda hesitant to whether or not I liked it but after a few days It's really grown on me and I'll definitely be using it in-game regardless of the typing it gains.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Same, at first I was kinda hesitant to whether or not I liked it but after a few days It's really grown on me and I'll definitely be using it in-game regardless of the typing it gains.

I agree! At first I thought it was a little weird then it started growing on me. I wonder if they will actually have more eeveelutions in generation 6? If so, I think the main ones I'd want would be; Poision, Ground, Dragon, and Flying.

Guy

just a guy
Years
All of the jokes and comparisons to Skyla, Audino, and Victini aside, I also like the new Eeveelution. Not so sure about it being a Fighting-type, but it would be nice to finally know what it is sometime soon; hopefully in next month's issue of CoroCoro.

blue

gucci
Years
I've thought that if there was going to be another Eeveelution in this generation, then it could be a male counterpart to Sylveon. Since it has a very feminine look, there could be another Eeveelution to pair up with it since most Eeveelutions have been introduced in pairs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've thought that if there was going to be another Eeveelution in this generation, then it could be a male counterpart to Sylveon. Since it has a very feminine look, there could be another Eeveelution to pair up with it since most Eeveelutions have been introduced in pairs.

Evolutions have only ever been added twice, that's not really enough to say that they will always have 2 Eevee evolutions.

Eevee itself is really popular. If they sought that popularity to introduce a new Evolution, WHY just 1? Marketing wise it would have been better to show them both if there were two. So far the info we have says that Eevee only has 1 new Evolution. Coro Coro even has a picture that lists Sylveon as the only new evolution. By that I mean it as an arrow pointing to each evolution form and to Sylveon. Sylveon's arrow says new Evolution. There isn't any other silhouette on there or anything to refute that we only have 1 Evolution this time.

That being said, there are now 8 Evolutions of Eevee. 9 Forms of Eevee. 7 of Eevee's Evolutions are "Special" Typed. There is only 1 Special type left to be represented but as some have raised the issue, it doesn't really look like a Dragon.

Well, we have a lot of Pokemon that do not look like the type the represent. Jynx by no means represents Ice OR Psychic. There isn't much about her that screams Ice type nor does she hold that mystical and mysterious look that Psychics have.

Altaria doesn't look much like a Dragon type. Altaria is one of my more favorite Dragons, but she looks as if she should have been Normal Type rather than Dragon.

Stunfisk looks nothing like a Ground nor an Electric type. Its a fish that can be found in special puddles in Gen 5, so technically it lives in water. But it is not a Water type. But its a fish that lives in water.

Hoppip and its evolutionary family are all Grass/Flying types. None of which look as if they belong in with the Flying types. They lack all necessary appendages and do not have any real lore to back up the tag on.

Trapinch and Vibrava are both extremely insectoid looking Pokemon of Ground and Ground/Dragon persuasion. Neither look as if they should be a ground type and Vibrava definitely does not have a dragonesque appearance.

Slowpoke and Slowbro are both psychic types. Their Pokedex data state how dumb and slow both are which seems to contradict the information most other psychic have as all other psychics are extremely intelligent. Even Psyduck has a better psychic back ground than Slowpoke and Slowbro.

The only other one I really want to touch up on is another appearance one.

People believe Sylveon may be Flying type because of the "kite tail" relationship between her and her ribbons. Ok. Only thing I have to add to that is Shiftry. Sylveon has been rumored to be related to Sylphs, Wind Spirits. Shiftry is based off of a Tengu. Tengu are a special classed Japanese demon that is usually worshiped as Gods by some regions. They are normally "Bird Demons" and have power over "Wind" through use of their own magic or through a magical fan like item.

Shiftry's level attack list usually has something to do with Storms or Wind. Like Sylveon it has an origin based on a wind creature. Its type is Grass/Dark. This means that Origin doesn't always associate with type. Sylveon can still be a Wind oriented Pokemon of Normal typing as a few Wind based moves are Normal type.

Other than Normal and Flying, the only other type that has outside relation to wind is Dragon through various lores. Most Chinese Dragons represent one of two basic elements, Water and Wind. Many Dragons are bringer of storms and are wind based. Western Dragons who are more commonly associated with Fire also have some attributes of Wind. Japanese Dragons cover all known Magical and natural elements so there can be anything Dragon related so long as they want it to be.

The three I keep thinking are Normal with highest chance that I can foresee. Dragon being second because of something others pointed out due to color. Third is Flying, which I can only see if they tag it on as a secondary type. Everything else doesn't seem to have enough evidence to convince me of it being possible.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
One of the reasons they may keep under eeveelution hidden may be to create hype as most fans are likely expecting two, so maybe they hope to release the other one later but for now are focusing on one at a time as GF may want to make them seem more individualized than as a pair. Also the first appearance of it is going to be in the anime, the anime always shows one eeveelution first before the others, usually they show up after a generation starts though, so perhaps they'll show the other one in the short as well, after all the movie does have two secret pokémon (unless one of the question marks in the merchandise was Mewtwo which come to think about it is likely).

If there's only one than I'm hoping it's Dragon simply to complete the former special typings.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
What's interesting is that all past eevelutions have appearances which symbolize their Type. When it comes to sylveon, the only type it Clearly represents is Normal. Now, I m not saying that it proves it to be Normal type but if they are making it something else then it kinda drifts away from the whole eevee scenario. I'll be glad if they give sylveon some story in the main storyline. Something like the Red Gyarados. They can add a scenario where eeve's DNA is altered by multiple sources leading to sylveon. Thus, it doesn't really look like a single type.
All of this is IF it's not Normal type.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'm speculating that Sylveon is either going to be Light-type, Fighting-type or Normal-type, as much as I hope a new type gets introduced.

As for the worldwide launch... I don't think it'll be released on the same day, instead it'll be released in the same month, but different days. But some reason... I'm getting this feeling that the US will get the game before Japan for the very first time.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be great if they did a same day worldwide launch but I just don't see it happening, especially due to the fact that Games are usually released on a certain day in different places. UK is Friday, US is Sunday, Japan is Thursday and Australia is Sunday (I think) so unless they scrap that then I doubt there will be a same day worldwide release. They will probably be in close proximety of one another, say one or two weeks max.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
It is not possible to release in one same day so they will probably have to do it in one week. 3DS is region locked so Nintendo thought to release the game in all region in short time.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Not to mention Timezones would make it really hard and confusing to do it.

No, it wouldn't be that confusing. Say the release date is Oktober the 27th. You go to your local store on that date and find yourself a copy of X/Y, regardless of your timezone. It might mean that some people in the world have the game several hours before you do, but that's not confusing, isn't it?

It makes no sense to release the game on several different dates, because they've stated it's a simultanious release this time around. Japan getting the game a week before the America's isn't simultanious, while Japan getting the game several hours before the America's is (because it would still be the same release date).

If they do release them on different days, I hope they'll use a pattern similar to Black and White's:

Japan first, Europe second, North America third and Australia last. But that's just because I happen to live in Europe.

blue

gucci
Years
I think whoever gets it first the rest won't be far behind, if its all in the same month the maximum gap between two Countries is 30 days and even that is highly unlikely IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back