• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
You seem to forget the 'IRL' logic, and 'Pokémon' Logic are two different things.

ya but they still follow some basic logistics. (like breaking and entering being completely a-okay)

Also a minor GFX bug I noticed, the pixel that make's the outer rim of Red's Hat Bill flickers between dark grey and light gray.

D3StR0Y4mike

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
I know this will probably be overlooked, but I've always wanted to see a hack that has rooms in Pokemon Centers, like they do in the Anime. You could perhaps go back there and fight trainers staying at the Pokemon Center, or get items from the trainers. I think that would be really cool!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
This is one hack I will be keeping an eye on, I love it. Though the boy rival is Green and the girl is Blue, but that is always debatable.

If Prof.Oak is the new gym leader(or Bill)I'm going to find you and kick your ass.

EDIT: Damn, my post needs more sauce because words can't even describe the effort put into this hack.

I love how the hack has a new feel to it being a remake and all, it looks great and seeing Team Rocket out on the towns and whatnot, its just awesome. It gives depth to the original story and I like that a lot, it has a modern feel while also somehow managing to retain the old feel as well..I hope this hack becomes popular.

I can see Kamon discarding his Pokemon for the events of G/S after all no one ever said Kamon was a beginning trainer. In addition, it's neat that Green is used now, and it gives a nice challenge too...I can't wait to see what else is in store though I wish there was a way to hack the trainer card so its less 'boring' looking. Maybe the least you could do is change the badge colors but for them to have different colors each would require a little more than work,

Anywas, good luck with this. Please don't ever give up on this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This is one hack I will be keeping an eye on, I love it. Though the boy rival is Green and the girl is Blue, but that is always debatable.
Ummm dude.

He's appeared in MULTIPLE OFFICIAL GAMES under the name Blue:
*Pokémon Gold/Silver
*Pokémon Crystal
*Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
*Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also the official canon doesn't matter because Pokémon DarkViolet is my own separate canon, therefore I get to decide anything I want about these characters. I could change Blue's name to Cheesebutt if I wanted to (but I won't lol).

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Now I remember why I stopped coming here for two years, you people take offense to every damn thing, and the mods...Jesus...I don't know which is worse, the regular users or the chariot of mods of this place.

You people are freaking ridiculous, I gave good criticism of this hack and you newbs still go on the offensive.

Its not a wonder why most of the old users post 2007-08 and good hackers from the day left.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Now I remember why I stopped coming here for two years, you people take offense to every damn thing, and the mods...Jesus...I don't know which is worse, the regular users or the chariot of mods of this place.

You people are freaking ridiculous, I gave good criticism of this hack and you newbs still go on the offensive.

Its not a wonder why most of the old users post 2007-08 and good hackers from the day left.
Actually, what you posted was rude. If you're gonna act like that might as well stay away forever.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Actually, what you posted was rude. If you're gonna act like that might as well stay away forever.

Which was the point made in my last post. You people can't take a joke, I'm obviously not gonna be able to come to his house and fight him, especially over something like that.

You youngins got a lot to learn about life. And I'll leave it at that.

Ummm dude.

*Pokémon Gold/Silver
*Pokémon Crystal
*Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also the official canon doesn't matter because Pokémon DarkViolet is my own separate canon, therefore I get to decide anything I want about these characters. I could change Blue's name to Cheesebutt if I wanted to (but I won't lol).

And also, the reason the name is Green is because Red/Green were the first games. He got changed to Blue because of the International release of Blue version. In the japanese games he is Green, and that's all that matters.

As for what you name him, I could care less. Name him Hitler for all I care.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Ummm dude.

*Pokémon Gold/Silver
*Pokémon Crystal
*Pokémon Black 2/White 2

And also, the reason the name is Green is because Red/Green were the first games. He got changed to Blue because of the International release of Blue version. In the japanese games he is Green, and that's all that matters.

As for what you name him, I could care less. Name him Hitler for all I care.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Yeesh people let's get back to talking about the hack, like, how awesome it is going to be to have our 1st Gym Battles next release?

Are the Gym Leaders going to use their RBGY look? or will it be FRLG? or even the HGSS styles?

I know the sprites are in the DS style, but GL fashion changes regularly in the Kanto leader's cases.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
While that may be true, this is an English-language game. The circumstances regarding the naming of the characters ultimately don't matter, because no matter what, the official localized name for the rival in the original Pokemon games is Blue. The circumstances don't matter, because he has appeared as recently as Black 2/White 2 as the name Blue, and that is his official localized name.

But ultimately the official games don't matter at all anyways, since this is my hack, which I've stated multiple times is a separate canon from the Pokemon games. So, I, Chaos Rush, am confirming right here and now that the rival's canonical name in Pokemon DarkViolet is Blue.

EDIT: Also, Prof. Oak nor Bill is NOT the new Gym Leader. It's pretty obvious in the alpha who the mystery Gym Leader will be by a certain characters dialogue...

Yeesh people let's get back to talking about the hack, like, how awesome it is going to be to have our 1st Gym Battles next release?

Are the Gym Leaders going to use their RBGY look? or will it be FRLG? or even the HGSS styles?

I know the sprites are in the DS style, but GL fashion changes regularly in the Kanto leader's cases.
Well actually...

you're going to think I suddenly went crazy but...

they're going to have their HG/SS outfits. Because:
*I like them better and I get to decide whatever I want lol
*In Black 2/White 2, all the Hoenn Gym Leaders have their outfits unchanged from R/S/E, while the Kanto Gym Leaders have their HG/SS outfits.
*I've already made R/S/E-styled overworld sprites of the Gym Leaders in their HG/SS outfits (they look pretty awesome)
*I hate the Pokemon anime. I love how Misty in HG/SS looks absolutely nothing like she does in the anime. The farther away I can take DarkViolet from the anime, the better
*In the Celebi event in HG/SS, Giovanni already has his trench coat, even though Lyra/Ethan states that the event took place 3 years ago during FR/LG. So for consistency, Giovanni will have his HG/SS trenchcoat in DarkViolet, and all the other Gym Leaders will have their HG/SS outfits as well.
*I have not yet decided on what outfit Lance will have. His FR/LG is basically exactly the same as his G/S/C outfit, but his HG/SS outfit looks more "modern". (also keep in mind that I altered Kamon's shirt to how it is in G/S/C, but in the planned DarkViolet sequel, Kamon's shirt will be back to what it is in HG/SS)

I know it sounds like a pretty crazy decision, but I've thought it over and it's final. But then you may wonder, wouldn't it create outfit inconsistency because I've already made Blue use his FR/LG outfit?

Well, I have an answer to that. Remember in Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, when during the final battle with your rival, his sprite has him wearing a new coat that he wasn't wearing in previous battles? :)

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
While that may be true, this is an English-language game. The circumstances regarding the naming of the characters ultimately don't matter, because no matter what, the official localized name for the rival in the original Pokemon games is Blue. The circumstances don't matter, because he has appeared as recently as Black 2/White 2 as the name Blue, and that is his official localized name.

But ultimately the official games don't matter at all anyways, since this is my hack, which I've stated multiple times is a separate canon from the Pokemon games. So, I, Chaos Rush, am confirming right here and now that the rival's canonical name in Pokemon DarkViolet is Blue.

You could name him God for all I care.

Also, I find it hilarious how while you are saying that the hack isn't canon to the series, you're going off of the canon itself by talking about the outfits and the 3 year time gap between R/B and G/S and incorporating that into your hack.

You're a hypocrite.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019

Also, I find it hilarious how while you are saying that the hack isn't canon to the series, you're going off of the canon itself by talking about the outfits and the 3 year time gap between R/B and G/S and incorporating that into your hack.

You're a hypocrite.

It isn't canon to the original series because of the story line not necessarily small details like clothes. He's basing DarkViolet Kanto off of HGSS Kanto. Regardless though, he can do whatever the hell he wants and call whatever he's doing whatever the hell he wants.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

You're a hypocrite.
It doesn't matter, because I get to decide whatever I want in my hack. Obviously I'm taking some things from the official games, such as the name of the region, the overall layout, and the fact that this is a remake of the original games (although the style of the remake is drastically different from FR/LG and HG/SS, the focus of DarkViolet is modernization).

And I don't see what your point is. Do you want me to make the Gym Leaders naked? Do you want me to rename all the Pokemon? Just because it's a separate canon doesn't mean I can't borrow things from the official canon. And ultimately, this is my hack, so I get to decide everything! Whatever I say goes! XD

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I actually prefer the HGSS designs anyways. And since this is it's own canon it shouldn't botch up the time stream at all.

Also if everyone is complaining about Blue, don't we get to name him anyways? So if you don't like it, name him something else no?

ChaosRush said:
Do you want me to make the Gym Leaders naked?

I'd like to see some Gym Leaders naked if ya catch my drift

marcc5m

what
Years

You're a hypocrite.

Question: Who's hack is it?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Well I finished the alpha, and this game is great already. I love how you have two rivals, like in Black & White, because you get to see two different personalities developing throughout the game.
I also liked the Kamon event in Viridian, it was pretty awesome.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the game. Great job!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
2h2iotw.png

Just to show that I actually have done something since the Alpha release, lol. (no she isn't a trainer, just a random NPC. It just felt empty with no one there in the original game) (and the upper section of Route 2 isn't in the data of the alpha at all, since I separated them into two separate maps due to tileset reasons. Also this allows me to have more appropriate-leveled wild Pokemon for the upper section)

Also in the alpha, I did a rather cheap fix to the battle music problems. But for future releases, I've done a more permanent solution: I hacked the respawn scripts so that the battle music resets to normal every time you lose a battle.

I'd like to see some Gym Leaders naked if ya catch my drift
you mean like Misty, Erika, and Sabrina

Back