• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Frustrating Gym?

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Whitney's gym, without a doubt.

"Ok, I think I got this." *switches to Gastly
Miltank used Stomp!
$*%(&$%(*$^%*$$&%$(%&$(*%

Anyway, honorable mentions go to Lt. Surge, Chuck, and Norman.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
All of the ice gyms. Screw those ice rinks. Ironically, the ice type is also one of my favorite types.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Brycen! Brycen! Brycen!
That's all I can think about when you say hardest gym! >-<

Years
Whitney is definitely the most obvious, because you don't get much coverage options for her at the point you get to her, plus Miltank has a deadly combination of Attract (to badly ruin male opponents), Rollout (gets stronger every hit), Milk Drink (self-healing) and Stomp (chance of flinch which is bad given it's not as slow as you'd think).

Norman and Lenora are also no slouches either. Norman has the deadly Facade strategy, and both Lenora and ORAS Norman have Retaliate which hits extremely hard at the point you're at them. Norman's Slakings are also one of the reasons why he is insanely difficult.

Clair is also hard, because Kingdra is only weak to Dragon and that's a type you'll unlikely have on you by the time you face her. Doesn't help she's also got a Gyarados and two annoying Dragonair who can wreck hard.

And of course, Elesa. In B/W she's much harder thanks to her Emolga duo who are fast and can't be damaged by Ground-type moves, plus Zebstrika is extremely fast (in fact faster than anything else you'll likely have) and hits very hard. At least you are able to get the TM for Rock Tomb which is able to handle the Emolgas.

Fantina in Platinum is also really tough for a 3rd Gym, and that's due to her Mismagius having insane type coverage for that early stage of the game (she has Ghost, Psychic and Grass-type coverage along with Confuse Ray). Duskull and Haunter also love to mess with you badly.

Cheren in B2/W2 has to be one of the hardest 1st Gyms, because if his Lillipup gets the deadly Work Up + Tackle strategy rolling, expect to be creamed. You can get a Riolu, but it doesn't learn a Fighting move until Level 15, which is hard to get to without Audino grinding.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Fantina. Fantina. Fantina.

All that comes to mind is Fantina. I've gone through Whitney easy, along with Morty and other difficult leaders, but Fantina was always putting me on a curb. Her Mismagius was a great annoyance, and so was her Gengar. They were both powerhouses, and then there's Drifblim. This thing takes attacks like your Pokemon's made of feathers. I lost to her about 15 times until I won by pure luck.

Also lots of grinding.

Back