• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, I've been trying to insert trainer sprites into Pokemon Fire Red, and I realized my problem before was that the sprites were too big and were occupying more than the offset it should be. When I try to write the sprite to the ROM with all boxes checked in UNLZ.GBA it either just changes the pallette of the sprite that's already in the game or it says something like "Ptr found at [Hex Number]. Changed." What am I doing wrong?

If you can't fix that, can you just tell me how to make a sprite smaller? Sometimes it says that the sprite is too big and it aborts it. How do I fix that? Thanks.

I have a spriting tutorial on how to shrink properly the big sprites and how to put them properly in the ROM.
Search for my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hey, I've been trying to insert trainer sprites into Pokemon Fire Red, and I realized my problem before was that the sprites were too big and were occupying more than the offset it should be. When I try to write the sprite to the ROM with all boxes checked in UNLZ.GBA it either just changes the pallette of the sprite that's already in the game or it says something like "Ptr found at [Hex Number]. Changed." What am I doing wrong?

If you can't fix that, can you just tell me how to make a sprite smaller? Sometimes it says that the sprite is too big and it aborts it. How do I fix that? Thanks.
Well, if it's a D/P sprite you're trying to insert, check THIS tutorial out, by Diggeh.
I find that it can work with any other miscellaneous sprites that are bigger than they are supposed to.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Dose anyone know how deeply it is possable to script pokemon battles in ruby?

I am looking for a way to create an epic final battle but to do so i realy need to be able to change the abilitys of the pokemon trainer's pokemon (possably outside of their species), their stats and PP ext.

Withought editing the actual pokemon themselfes. As a last resort i have been reading how to make new pokemon but this is obviously more prefrable.

I have been studying pokescript so if it can be done useing that then it would be great, but not necessery.

Thanks for your time.

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Okay, PET is completely messing up. My Gym Leader is supposed to have a level 13 Squirtle and a level 14 Luvdisc. That's fine, it shows up like that in PET. So I go to test it. Now, she has a level 13 Squirtle, and suddenly out comes a level 38 Weezing.

Help?

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
How would you create a boat script where you would go on the boat sleep and would take you from pallet town to vriden city?
in pokescript?

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone know what number overworlds start in unLZ in Fire Red?
OverWorlds?
I don't think you can find them in unLZ. If you're looking for sprites they start around 668.
For OW's, you need Overworld editor (found in toolbox).

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but how do I add more pokemon to a trainer without having it run into other trainer's offsets? Thanks.

Salarian

Hacker
Years
Can someone PM me or leave me a comment about how to change the professor and the trainer sprites? Like in the intro? I tried but the colors come messed up.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Just wondering, has anyone done just a graphics hack patch for any of the games, where no scripts or Pokémon have been changed, so basically you can start fresh, but without the hassle of having to insert new tiles?

Thanks in advance!

Micklo

Years
Just some simple questions.
What are the hacking tools for Emerald.
I need to know so I can start learning how those programs work.
Hope somebody answers my question. =)

Years
Uhm I'm trying to learn how to place warps.
Right now I'm placing a warp in littleroot town, I want to make a new map.
But the problem is whenever I try to follow warp, I get send to petalburg city.
I dont know why but I need to know how I warp to an empty map so I can make a totally new map.
Hope someone understands. =)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello and good day to all.
I have a question. :\

Is there, by any chance, we can change the palletes of the hero or heroin in Ruby without affecting their backsprites' palletes?

I've been trying but so far, no luck. :\
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
UnLZ.GBA Help!

I changed the heroine sprite's pallete to another in Pokemon Sapphire. But in game, the pallette is the same as the normal one. How do I change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back