• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Is it possible to put gifs into it?Like in the last gym in ruby/sapphire at the end where the gym leader was there was water flowing.Is it possible to put in other gifs?And if it is possible how do i go about doing that?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Is there any way to create new abilities or at least change some of them in the gba roms?

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Is it possible to put gifs into it?Like in the last gym in ruby/sapphire at the end where the gym leader was there was water flowing.Is it possible to put in other gifs?And if it is possible how do i go about doing that?

By it, I'm guessing you mean the ROM. There is no way to insert .gifs into the ROM, as any image being inserted has to be .png. Although, most of the time, if not all, the first color in a 16 color palette is the transparent color, as with sprites, etc. To get more clarification, maybe give us a screen shot of the flowing where the gym leader is ^^'

Is there any way to create new abilities or at least change some of them in the gba roms?

There is, through ASM, which is highly complex learning when you're a begginging hacker.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010

By it, I'm guessing you mean the ROM. There is no way to insert .gifs into the ROM, as any image being inserted has to be .png. Although, most of the time, if not all, the first color in a 16 color palette is the transparent color, as with sprites, etc. To get more clarification, maybe give us a screen shot of the flowing where the gym leader is ^^'
Lol sry,but yes,by "it" i was reffering to the rom.
I can't post a pic of it cuz i need more posts.lol
But if u have the time u can go to youtube and type in "pokemon emerald 8th gym"

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
how i edit the pokemon gym leaders and other trainners pokemon and their moves and levels for D/P/P? or just D/P?

and how i edit pokemon stats, moves power and types, and learnable moves, in heart gold?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
What I meant was to use that flashback thing in a hack. You know, like activate it and flashback-look some things.

You need to clarify more of what you mean, i have no idea what you mean by flashback.

how i edit the pokemon gym leaders and other trainners pokemon and their moves and levels for D/P/P? or just D/P?

and how i edit pokemon stats, moves power and types, and learnable moves, in heart gold?

For D/P/Pt, there are some tools on Wah that you can use, just google them. I don't know about HGSS though..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
You need to clarify more of what you mean, i have no idea what you mean by flashback.

For D/P/Pt, there are some tools on Wah that you can use, just google them. I don't know about HGSS though..
i just found out some, but for HGSS there is just GYM leader editor... :C

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
a list of completed pokemon games please??? everwhere i post its locked xD.

That's an unrealistic request, considering that hacking has been around for a long time, it's like asking for a list of all the blogs on the internet =__=. What you can do Is look in the Hacks Showcase Section, or the Hack Hall of Fame. The best of the best or the most memorable hacks are in their, or at least completed hacks. >_<

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2010
Hi all,
I have 2 questions.
1. I just started using XSE today and I decided to try editing a preexisting script. I wanted to remove an applymovement. So, I deleted that part of the script, kept everything else in (this is in Steven's room, btw), and pressed the compile button. When I reloaded the offset, the part that I deleted was still there and the applymovement was still in the game. Does anyone know how to remove this permanently?

2. I was using A-Map and edited the movement permissions for a few certain blocks. I saved the changes and loaded my rom. I soon realized that the changes didn't apply on the rom. So, I tried changing the blocks to different blocks. The changes were shown in A-Map but not applied on my rom. I decided to change some different blocks after that. I edited a few different blocks, saved, and loaded my rom, and the changes did apply. So, for some reason, 3 blocks on my map were not changing on my rom while everything else would. I later found out that I could cause the changes to apply to my rom by starting a new game. Still though, why was it only those blocks that were having problems? And is there some way to fix this, or will I have to restart my game every time I edit something in case something like this happens again? Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Hello. I need some help regarding OW sprites in FireRed.

First off, I changed the Slowpoke OW (#128 in Advance Map) to be 32x32 using the following tutorial by destinedjagold:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=155572
(Sorry for no link, not enough posts...)

Their tutorial consists of using Overworld Editor RE and Overworld Changer. I followed the tutorial and successfully enlarged the sprite and changed it into a Slaking OW. This sprite shows up perfectly fine in Advance Map and OW Editor, but in VisualBoy I get nothing. Just an empty space acting as a sprite. No Slaking OW. Help?

To be specific, I followed the above tutorial until Step 2, and instead of following the rest on inserting a new sprite, I drew it by hand (or rather, mouse) using OW Editor. I don't think that should be much of a problem...

Thank you in advance, as I could not find this addressed elsewhere. Also, I'm a little more skilled than your beginning hacker, but not by a whole lot. If you could keep a reply simple, that would be greatly appreciated.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
hi sorry if this was asked before, i searched but couldn't find the answer. what are the tools used in editing the battle background and the text box in fire red and what are their offsets?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
hi sorry if this was asked before, i searched but couldn't find the answer. what are the tools used in editing the battle background and the text box in fire red and what are their offsets?

Hmm, it is tile molester i believe, I do not know the offsets, sorry.:(

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Here's a tutorial on textbox editing. As for the tool, I would personally recommend using Tile Molester. But for battle backgrounds, I think you would have to use Unlz. I'm not 100% on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back