• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfsf11

First of all, Silver was supposed to be a criminal, even though I'd like to see him go goodie-goodie & become the prof's aide.
The battle animations might be a bit slower than usual BUT they won't be as annoying as before, every encounter might be different (Single/Horde) & they way you encounter stuff is pretty interesting too (The Onix you stepped on attacked, & Yvonne is taking her clothes off for a new PETA advert.) lol also the 3D beauty, it's not all that complex but I personally like the simple graphics shown in X & Y, I'm actually feeling for the first time I'm gonna enjoy random encounters.

Speaking of graphics, I can already imagine Nintendo one day making a game with graphics SO realistic that they're sometimes disturbing & people will start saying X & Y's graphics were the best & a new era of Genwunning will begin {XD}

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I really found the graphics to make the game a bit more complex. like at the rate Pokémon is moving with graphics won't people start to miss the old style Pokémon.

I must admit and agree with AnonygooseD the graphics do look amazing which will in turn make those annoying encounters a little more interesting and enjoyable to experience.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=358735

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Ok, I'm going To be a pessimist here, but is there a professor for it announced yet? If there is though, I'm all for friendships and bonds.

A non-professor give out the Starter. Why?..... Because the new Professor was kidnapped by Fairies. He thought He was studying Fairies, when the Fairies where studying him.

"What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!" would be some such conclusion of the Fairy's scientific research on the professor.

With a new type discovered, what else would he study? (unless fairies are like rattatas in Kalos.)

acetrainersky

ace trainer
Years
Some of my freinds told me that xerneas and yveltal are going to have same status as arceus. ....is it true♥ i'm not sure .... im
So excited for it to come out

tnfsf11

Same status? If you mean they are gods then it's very likely, nearly all legendaries are god-ish in a way or another, but I started hating them after GF made too much, & Arceus jokes aren't even funny anymore! :P

I would love though if they make a 3DS XL with a Xerneas/Yveltal print on it ;)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Xerneas reminds me of Princess Mononoke in all the right ways without being derivative. He feels like a awe-inspiring force of nature.

tnfsf11

Yveltal reminds me of a dark, screwed up form of Lugia, if you put the Ken Sugi art of both together you'll see what I mean ;).

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Hi guys, I'm browing /vp/ and some italian guy says to be working for the city design of pokemon X Y, there's no way to know if it's true or fake as of now, but I'll share what he has posted so far, see if some of this comes true :)

They will add a new feature: if you want, you will be able to set a password of 8-20 characters. If you choose to put the password you must use it when you enter in the game and before trades.

-You can use the characters that you use when you are writing your name, the password is one and only one, changeable by talking to an old man, and it's encrypted (however I don't know why you care about this, maybe you thought it was a sort of a test for me or idk)

Flamportar is a new Fire/Normal Pokémon. It's the final evolution of Litleo, and it looks like a saber-thoothed bear on all fours, with some traits shared with a lion.

Camchel City is a cool city imho. In italian we're naming it Cameliopoli, (you will find out why). It's like a big European castle and every week it's surrounded by high-water and you can't surf to get out of the city.

There won't be multiple save files.

Sylveon is the only eevelution introduced in this generation. It evolves by trade, after playing with him a lot in Pokémon Amie.

Ok, give me some minutes now, because I will try to sketch Arbsagar, Feuzique and Rospaguaro.
These are supposedly the names of the 3rd evolutions from the starters.

Ok guys, I CAN'T draw but I have done my best. This is Rospaguaro, the final evolution of Froakie. He keeps his eyes perpetually closed and it's said to be blind, but he can see through his mind. He can jump 20 times its height and his bubbles covering his body can become harder than rocks to pass through.
Spoiler:

Someone asked: So, can you tell us if they're going the "evolution and genders" route or the "3 axys" one with X and Y?Because that would determine if they do like B2/W2 going XX/XY, or a "remake" like every other game by doing a Z

He replied
I'm not leaking this yet. But X and Y doesn't mean chromosomes nor dimensions.

Someone asked: who's the region's "pseudo legend" [what is it, type, etc], i'm not sure if localization teams are familiar with such a term but it's reserved for the non legends with 600 BST in its final evo [Dnite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Garchomp, etc]

He replied:
There are more pokémon like those. 3. The types are Steel/Fairy, Dragon/Fairy and Dragon/Poison. Dragon/Poison looks like a cobra, Fairy/Steel looks like Angemon, Dragon/Fairy... I don't even know how to describe it...

Someone asked if the Water starter's final evolution would be Water/Psychic
He replied:
The type are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, I thought you all already know...

Mawile turns Steel/Fairy though...

you haven't seen all the fairy pokémon already. We chose "Gremlin" and not "Fairy" for the italian translation because it fixes more. Fairy Pokémon are Pokémon which resembles fairytales and have mystical powers, like trolls, jinn, ogres, pixies, etc...

There is a Ghost/Normal puppeteer holding a marionette

This is all he has posted so far, will update this post or post a new one when he posts more info (if he does)

NOTE: This might be fake, but hey, who knows!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
That definitely sounds fake to me.

And yeah Anonygoose, I can already see the youngins of the future claiming this to be the best Gen around and getting all nostalgic about it! And yikes, I hope Pokemon doesn't become too realistic. I don't think that'll ever happen, because it'll be such an immense art-style change.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
All the leaks sounds plausible, but i have just one doubt.
How can dragon/poison be a pseudo legendary? I mean, it doesn't have an immunity to one of any types. Pseudo legendaries are supposed to have an immunity to one of any types as far as i know.
Dnite n mence - ground
t-tar n hydra - psychic
meta - poison
chomp - electric

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
@Powerserge: hey, who knows, I am indeed a bit skeptical about a few things, but so far the amount of info given and how it's explained you still can't be so sure about it being fake or not. Let's just wait for the dude to post more and when more information about the game is given, we might have something

UPDATE!!
Feuzique. I love that Pokémon. When he/she founds a trainer, he never betrays him and never leaves him as long as he live (he can be traded tought, mind****). He can make his tail burn brighter than the sun to distract enemies. He can melt things using his psychic powers.
Spoiler:

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Well, he's italian, who knows, he's english isn't that good... I'll just wait until he posts the 3rd picture and leave it here, you all be judges and decide whether to believe it or not.

Personally... I want to believe it's true.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
That drawing is one of a fake mon I saw in Youtube so it's fake.

really? Can you link me to it? So I can also post it on the /vp/ thread and let other people know if it really is fake :P thanks

nevermind guys, confirmed fake, said farfetch'd would get an evo even when game freak anounced they would never make such a thing. Disregard my posts...

I wanted to believe :'c

Last edited:

tnfsf11

It's okay Danks :) some of the purest crap spouted by people on the Internet actually came true, like when I thought the announcement of a Fairy type was just said by people from over-excitement but it happened!

What was really stupid is how come he claims he can't draw when he was supposed to be designing a city in X & Y??? Also how was Froakie supposed to see with his mind when he's not Psychic & Fennekin is (in the post)?

Years
It's okay Danks :) some of the purest crap spouted by people on the Internet actually came true, like when I thought the announcement of a Fairy type was just said by people from over-excitement but it happened!

What was really stupid is how come he claims he can't draw when he was supposed to be designing a city in X & Y??? Also how was Froakie supposed to see with his mind when he's not Psychic & Fennekin is (in the post)?

its some kung fu(or any other chinese/japanese material arts) masters in the movie-they get to such an high level in terms of skills, so they have a strong mind and all those staff...

tnfsf11

I'm not quite sure I got that, but the line said about "became blind & sees with his mind" is the stupidest thing that could ever appear in a Pokedex tbh...
Also a part Psychic starter is never going to happen if you ask me!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm not quite sure I got that, but the line said about "became blind & sees with his mind" is the stupidest thing that could ever appear in a Pokedex tbh...
Also a part Psychic starter is never going to happen if you ask me!
First, the blind seer is a pretty common archetype and really no stupider than some of what's already in the Pokedex, and second, I don't see why not.

Anyway, no Chespin final evo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back