• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
need help!

i used your program, i tried to copy a script to a new person.. how do i do it.. i mean if i get this info:
Opened file.
#ORG
-> 0x814E0A3
MSGBOX
-> 0x816B23C
CALLSTD
-> 0x2
#ORG
-> 0x816B23C
[STRING]
-> DEWFORD TOWN is a tiny island community.

what info i need to put in the advance map-> events-> script offset and the rest.. thanks :]

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2009
Umm this may be a dumb question but what is a script editor? What does it do? Is it like a text editor? Because I can't find a working text editor anywhere.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
need help!

i used your program, i tried to copy a script to a new person.. how do i do it.. i mean if i get this info:
Code:
Opened file.
#ORG
   -> 0x814E0A3
MSGBOX
   -> 0x816B23C
CALLSTD
   -> 0x2
#ORG
   -> 0x816B23C
[STRING]
   -> DEWFORD TOWN is a tiny island community.

what info i need to put in the advance map-> events-> script offset and the rest.. thanks :]
You see the first "#org", which has "0x814E0A3"? Just take the last 6 digits (14E0A3), and put it (along with $) as the script offset ($14E0A3).

Umm this may be a dumb question but what is a script editor? What does it do? Is it like a text editor? Because I can't find a working text editor anywhere.
The game is run by its own programming language, compiled into scripts. These control what people say, what events happen and when, and many other things (people walking towards you, using Strength for pushing boulders).

score_under

Years
how do you use associateshell with vista, because even if I put it with XP compatibility, it still doesnt work.
Usually on XP it works after a restart of the shell, but I don't have a vista machine that I can test on. I assume it should work similarly, however.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Whenever I try to add an item to Advance Map from Pkxv, whenever I play the rom and I get the item it comes back every time I move, is there a way to fix this?

score_under

Years
Whenever I try to add an item to Advance Map from Pkxv, whenever I play the rom and I get the item it comes back every time I move, is there a way to fix this?
You have to use:
Code:
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 [ITEM]
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 [AMOUNT]
callstd MSG_FIND
end
If that doesn't work, try assigning a flag number through AdvanceMap to the sprite.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
You have to use:
Code:
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 [ITEM]
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 [AMOUNT]
callstd MSG_FIND
end
If that doesn't work, try assigning a flag number through AdvanceMap to the sprite.

Im using that script, but the item still keeps reappearing after I move.

I use this script:

#org 0x8801334
'-----------------------------------
setflag 0x200
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0xD
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
callstd MSG_FIND ' PLAYER found one XXXXXX!
end

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
to clarify this...
attachment.php

where 0000 is the flag number you are setting
when the flag is set the person with that person id will become "invisible"
clearing that flag will make them visible.
btw score_under...
that image is a png XD

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
ahhh u r 2 picke
and Crocky...
a tutorial for what???
if u have msn/yahoo/gmail i can email you a script generator (it's a console app but fairly simple) or i can do best to make a tut if i know what specific your wanting

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
thanks guys, i'll try it out some.

EDIT: I finally got to work, thanks alot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back