• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
Years
I'm in the thinking stage ofa KHR (Katekyo Hitman Reborn) and Pokemon crossover style Rp. Not a direct rip from both universes, so far it'll be based in the Pokemon Universe with KHR elements such as the flames in KHR which the trainers and their partner Pokemon will posses. Still I don't know if it'll work out if there isn't a KHR crowd in these forums. But I'm using the Future Arc from KHR as the story where all the Rp Characters are Trainers sent to a future ruled by an Overpowered Force and have to stop the Overpowered Force so they can restore their past.

If you do know Katekyo Hitman Reborn and the flames I'll was thinking along the types of Pokemon and flames that'll work together (There will be repeats):

Sky Flame: Flying, Dragon, Fire
Storm Flame: Flying, Electric, Ground
Rain Flame: Water, Grass, Ice
Thunder: Rock, Electric, Fighting
Cloud: Dark, Pyschic, Fighting
Mist: Dark, Ghost, Water
Sun: Fighting, Ground, Rock

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@SuperVegeta: By the time we finish we'll probably have set a rather terrifying record to try and beat. ^_^;

@No one in particular: The saddest part is when old RPers move on. PTA has seen good friends come and go. But hey, sometimes they come back! Like Nideous, and SelenaStar, two people I've known in the RP since before I even became the GM whom had to leave at some points for their own reasons and wound up coming back later.

And in addition to the returners, the influx of newer RPers that add new flavors to the RP has plenty of potential to make /new/ friends~

Speaking of which, a few roleplayers in PTA vanished off the face of the earth (Did not log onto PC for multiple weeks) opening up quite a few spots in our previously mostly full roster, including 6 student spots. (4 Suicune Dorm spots, 2 Raikou Dorm spots, and 3 teacher/staff spots are currently open out of the overall 32 RPer spots.)

Right now the RP is still mostly focused on character development, which means it's certainly not too late to join. In fact, I think I may discuss once again increasing the maximum level your pokemon can start off at (25 to 30) to help close the gap between new members again. (Currently very few student trainers have pokemon at or above level 40, and only one or two have even one pokemon at or above level 50).

TheAmazingAipom

searching for a life :D
Years
Sorry everyone, but I am going to be off of PC for a little bit. I have alot of school projects and stuff that I have to work on, I am not sure when I am coming back. (I will probably gone for a week or two)

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
@PkMnTrainer Yellow ARGH!!! I have wanted to join that for a while, but I am already doing three roleplays already, and school/life is getting a little hectic, unfortunately. Maybe if there is still a spot open by summer?

*Sigh* So much to do, so little time.

Dawn

Years
@Silver Rogue: I have doubts that any of the student spots are going to stay open an entire season. However, as I said before, some people come and go, so there will probably be a spot open in the future.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years

The RP's relation to One Piece isn't THAT big and you shouldn't take it into account. It resembles PMD more than One Piece, actually.

Thats the confusing part. I get the whole story plot is made up with some of One Piece storyline, but the one thing that bugs me is how pokemons got into it?? Ok maybe it's in the pokemon world which mean that the Admirals, Commanders and soldiers must be obviously pokemons right?? But...but...but, oh just forget it, i'll see if there is a gold spot for me :)

By the way, has anyone thought about making a FairyTail RP. I don't know if it was suggested before though, but i'd pretty much join if anyone creates one

Last edited:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Yep, I've got a Fairy Tail RP planned. Part of the plot is already developed, but I think I'm still going to wait a looooooooooooooooong time until I post it, because life's pretty hectic right now.

That, and I totally can't GM to save my life. :<

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
I'm making a Resident Evil rp that takes place in the Pokemon Universe.

Here is what I have so far.

Spoiler:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm making a Resident Evil rp that takes place in the Pokemon Universe.

Here is what I have so far.

Spoiler:

I think the plot is too... basic, imo. It doesn't really appeal to me even though I like zombies and stuff. Plus I'm not really sure how exactly the virus spread from region to region. If it is a deadly, dangerous virus, the region that had been affected first would have been quarantined immediately.

Also the fact that Pokemon are immune makes it all too easy for the humans. It would be a lot more fun if the Pokemon were not at all immune, and only a few humans were immune. Humans can just make the Pokemon do all the dirty work and not actually work to survive themselves.

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact: What would the point be of having pokemon at all if they're only evil though? It's not like a human can outrun or hope to fight off a pokemon themselves. Regular zombies were dangerous enough. Surviving zombies that have superpowers is beyond suspension of disbelief.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@DeepImpact: What would the point be of having pokemon at all if they're only evil though? It's not like a human can outrun or hope to fight off a pokemon themselves. Regular zombies were dangerous enough. Surviving zombies that have superpowers is beyond suspension of disbelief.

Just because they're Pokemon doesn't mean that they can actually use their powers in such a state >.>; I mean, being a zombie and all, you are undead, your brain doesn't work properly, so the Pokemon would never be able to actually use their powers anyways. They would be nothing more than our animals in rl.

And it is possible, provided you have the right ideas to survive. People have the will to survive in almost any kind of environment you throw them into. If you look at Resident Evil as a series, the zombies were never the traditional kinds of zombies. They had superpowers, were smarter, faster, and could locate prey much more easily.

tl;dr Being a zombie would actually restrict the power part of Pokemon. As a zombie their main focus would be to eat you. They wouldn't think a lot about attacking you first then eating you. That's the way we worked in Pokezombies, and it worked pretty well. In Plague I felt it was a bit awkward because everything felt as if it had been handed over to you in a golden platter, you had portable PCs with dozens of Pokemon, fresh supply of water in a hotel... yeah. No offense to MichaelaTheUchiha or Zamorak. Nakuzami's free to feel insulted d:

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
@DeepImpact- this is the first rp I've ever made on any site. I posted what I had so far so I could maybe get advice from people who have made rp's before for this site. Though maybe I should have made that clear from the start.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@DeepImpact- this is the first rp I've ever made on any site. I posted what I had so far so I could maybe get advice from people who have made rp's before for this site. Though maybe I should have made that clear from the start.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything :/ I was just stating my opinion about the RP. Though yeah, like I mentioned earlier, I don't really like the fact that Pokemon are immune and we can use them.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
oh you didn't offend me :3 I was happy you shared your opinion, and this was just the start of my ideas, it will be awhile before I actually submit the rp. That was just what came out of my original planning.

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact: ...But if you remove their powers you're now left with a cookie cutter zombie plot. It's now more basic, not less. I mean pokemon's powers are the fundamental difference between them and normal zombies/humans. So if you remove them it's like why bother having pokemon at all? The crossover will just come across as superficial if it changes exactly nothing. Imagine if the new pokemon crossover Nintendo was developing was just the other game series with a pokemon graphical border around the playing screen.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@DeepImpact: ...But if you remove their powers you're now left with a cookie cutter zombie plot. It's now more basic, not less. I mean pokemon's powers are the fundamental difference between them and normal zombies/humans. So if you remove them it's like why bother having pokemon at all? The crossover will just come across as superficial if it changes exactly nothing. Imagine if the new pokemon crossover Nintendo was developing was just the other game series with a pokemon graphical border around the playing screen.

Actually, no, just because you took away their powers doesn't mean it's more basic. Considering the T-virus in Resident Evil, the Pokemon may lose their powers, but they will still be faster, smaller, much harder to track, kill and get rid off than human zombies. Plus, a few of them can also fly. Flying isn't necessarily a power, more like a natural ability. Pokemon zombie will have a lot more variety than human zombies anyways, thus making the RP more interesting, rather than basic. Plus, zombie Pokemon vs. humans is a formula that I haven't seen yet, so I think it could really work out if managed well.

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact: ...All pokemon powers are natural abilities. Also...

Pokemon: "We are conveniently crippled in exactly the right way to make us less awesome so the underdog can beat us!"

Humans: "Sweet! This is not forced at all!"

Reminds me of that time Star Wars decided to make enemies both lightsaber and force immune. Do you see the problem? The deus ex machina isn't even remotely subtle, meaning suspension of disbelief dies, in an explosion.

If I might make a recommendation, making humans stronger causes a lot less problems than making pokemon weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back