• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closing a Store at Night

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
So this is what I have:

Spoiler:

And I've read these two pages:

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Events

s:PBDayNight.isNight?(pbGetTimeNow) Is ON during the night (i.e. between 8pm and 6am), and OFF if it is not (i.e. during the day).

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Time-sensitive_events

But for some reason, at night-time, the museum doesn't display the messages, even though it should. When the player runs into the event, it doesn't display the message or send them down; it just doesn't do anything. Nothing at all. The player passes the event and that's it.

What is wrong with the event? Did I misunderstand something?

Oh, and the other two pages are standard door events, but with this Conditional Switch turned on (left-hand side conditions):

s:PBDayNight.isDay?(pbGetTimeNow) Is ON during the day (i.e. between 6am and 8pm), and OFF if it is not (i.e. during the night).

Also,

How do I modify a trainer event to allow for variables?

Whenever I try, recompilation seems to erase anything "extra" added to the trainer, thus my Trainer Battles +1 variable disappears.

I could make all trainers without using COMMENTS, but that's not as easy, and when you have hundreds of trainers to do in a single game... /grawr

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
The page order. The page with the condition must be the last one. The RPG Maker XP checks the pages with conditions backward (first is the last page) and when the event match the conditions the page runs. If you have a page with no condition, this page is ran when checked in RPG Maker XP. If none page match the conditions nothing is ran.

When I says "runs" I mean activates by it trigger condition (Action Button, Player Touch, Autorun, etc...).

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
The page order. The page with the condition must be the last one. The RPG Maker XP checks the pages with conditions backward (first is the last page) and when the event match the conditions the page runs. If you have a page with no condition, this page is ran when checked in RPG Maker XP. If none page match the conditions nothing is ran.

When I says "runs" I mean activates by it trigger condition (Action Button, Player Touch, Autorun, etc...).

But all pages have conditions. The default door pages (page two and three) are the daytime switch, and the "museum is closed" page (page one) verifies if it's nighttime. That covers 6am-8pm and then 8pm-6am again.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
But all pages have conditions. The default door pages (page two and three) are the daytime switch, and the "museum is closed" page (page one) verifies if it's nighttime. That covers 6am-8pm and then 8pm-6am again.
Are you sure? Post the other pages here.

Before this try again. Try to remove the switchs conditions and try again. Made a event with script line 'p pbGetTimeNow' and copy-paste the result here.

Unrelated: I recommend the Essentials Translation System.

Back