• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
I decided to begin working on the Light Platinum X hack tomorrow, since it shouldn't take to long. As said before I will only edit wild Pokemon, and Trainer's Pokemon. It will have all 411 Pokemon catchable in it so you can catch all Pokemon after completing the game if you want to. I will not be using SP's version also.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Hello, I got a problem in skyner gym, where my exit path (at the end of the arrows) is blocked by a trainer. So is there any solution? Im thinking of a wall hack or any hack that ignores whatever that is in your way.
Thanks

Years
Good to see you back Sonic. I knew previously when Snakebyte released the translated version to which I support him no matter how many people complain that its not translated correctly. But you haven't posted after that so I thought you are busy with life..
Looking forward for the X version..

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

You are not Game Freak. Translator's duty here is simply translate the game and present CREATOR's hack and way of thinking to people who don't understand his/hers used language.

True, but I do not plan to do anything else other than what I've said. And I will surely keep my promise, unlike what I've did before.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My opinion, for the two cents it might be worth:

Translating into English is just that, translating into English. Not changing something that could sound better. With that said, you can easily obtain permission to redo the storyline and release an X version (hey, I'd try it) and maybe add a couple of extra Pokémon, features, or storyline elements thus warranting the X.

Cyclone

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I just checked the English version of this hack and noticed that whoever translated it was very unprofessional.

There are numerous grammatical errors in such short gameplay. (From Yellow Town to Route 401)

I was right to have started my LP project. It seems that I have to add an extra task to my project - eliminate all grammar errors.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just checked the English version of this hack and noticed that whoever translated it was very unprofessional.

There are numerous grammatical errors in such short gameplay. (From Yellow Town to Route 401)

I was right to have started my LP project. It seems that I have to add an extra task to my project - eliminate all grammar errors.
And here we go again...
Do you realize that you are the only one that cares about grammar errors and the only one that has ever mentioned them in this thread?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years

Do you have permission from Wesley? And you know who translated it and he/she beat you to the release, and your also calling Wesley unprofessional because Snakebyte just translated the hack that's it.

It's still an issue I have to solve. And I will solve it as part of my policy.
Yeah but this is still not your hack and there is a difference to have and want. But I will back off if Wesley gives you permission.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Do you have permission from Wesley? And you know who translated it and he/she beat you to the release, and your also calling Wesley unprofessional because Snakebyte just translated the hack that's it.

Yeah but this is still not your hack and there is a difference to have and want. But I will back off if Wesley gives you permission.

That is incorrect, my friend. The translator is unprofessional, not Wesley. Look, if he is unprofessional, then what am I? I haven't even started my own hack, do I have the right to say that is unprofessional? Absolutely not.

You should try and read what I've written. There are numerous grammatical errors, and it has nothing to do with Wesley, only the translator. I was originally the translator of this hack, so whether or not another translator has beaten me in a translation has nothing to do with my rights.

Besides, if I were to only do something as minimal as decapitalization, eliminating grammatical mistakes and editing Pokédex entries, that wouldn't affect the overall gameplay, right? In addition to that, I have the necessary permission to edit all of those, considering I was the translator of Beta 1, 2 and the current as well, just so another translator beat me to it.

Believe it or not, I'm just trying to make this hack more enjoyable for everyone, and I will make absolutely sure that I do not edit anything more than what I've said.

Evidence that I DO have the necessary permission and rights to edit what I've said:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6687124#post6687124

Written in: June 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM, post #3965

Wesley has clearly stated that I can edit anything I can (Which is even more than I'm planning to do) just as long as I do not modify the graphics and story.

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Hey sarcastic prince can't you stop polluting this thread about your OWN stuff and besides since the 99,9% of the community is ok with the current English translation another translation would be pointless .Also remember that EVERYTHING has it's flaws nothing is perfect.And don't be that rude....

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hey sarcastic prince can't you stop polluting this thread about your OWN stuff and besides since the 99,9% of the community is ok with the current English translation another translation would be pointless .Also remember that EVERYTHING has it's flaws nothing is perfect.And don't be that rude....

Who said anything about a new translation? You don't get my point. Maybe you should take the time to read my previous posts. Now that I have presented my evidence, it is time that I ask everyone to stop doubting what I should or should not do.

Gam3r, I am not polluting the thread. People are doubting me so I had to present some evidence.

Reply to the bolded part: I'm not so sure about that, considering that the current translated version has a lot of grammatical errors and the Pokédex entries haven't been edited yet.

My main point is: If flaws exist, then you should try your best to eliminate them.

PS: I have finally edited all of the Pokédex entries. It took me a lot of time, but I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Evidence that I DO have the necessary permission and rights to edit what I've said:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6687124#post6687124

Written in: June 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM, post #3965

Wesley has clearly stated that I can edit anything I can (Which is even more than I'm planning to do) just as long as I do not modify the graphics and story.
That was a year ago, how about some current proof?

YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO EDIT MY TRANSLATION.
THANK GOD YOU CAME BACK!

And SP, last year, me and snakebyte were on msn when I used to go on and he did show me you and his convo about you messing with the english rom, any comment?

Back