• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
1378222_718617931539599_6335242699381246666_n.jpg
1604727_718617938206265_1961633875873423372_n.jpg

Sorry to ask, but where is the application here?
I downloaded and extracted the file but there's no app. here

Looks like you clicked the wrong download link.

Years
Um so I've been using this tool for a while and its been going good but for some reason I've started having this problem where I will add a move set for a Pokémon and then another move set for another Pokémon will change to the newly added one. Is there a fix to this because I don't want to go on and have this happen over and over again.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Hi.. Is there gonna be a feature to expand the number of pages per habitat?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hi, i was going to expand the pokemon and then when i opened up Gen III Hacking Suite (v1.2)
And this appeared on the screen!

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is a clean ROM and it is the latest version! I've tried v.1.0.0 and some other ones and it does the same thing!

Someone Please Help Me!

Years
Hi, i was going to expand the pokemon and then when i opened up Gen III Hacking Suite (v1.2)
And this appeared on the screen!

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is a clean ROM and it is the latest version! I've tried v.1.0.0 and some other ones and it does the same thing!

Someone Please Help Me!

How many Pokemon are you adding? I tried and I made it successfully....

Blah

Free supporter
Years
about 800. But it doesent really matter! It doesent open the rom!

Looks like your version of the ROM is unsupported. As you can see from teh error messages, the program is trying to retrieve data from the game and the data that would normally be there is not there in place of something else. So the function that does the work here received an unexpected parameter and created an error.

Advice: Download a supported Fire Red ROM. Not the program's fault, though admittedly the error message should've been better :P

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Looks like your version of the ROM is unsupported. As you can see from teh error messages, the program is trying to retrieve data from the game and the data that would normally be there is not there in place of something else. So the function that does the work here received an unexpected parameter and created an error.

Advice: Download a supported Fire Red ROM. Not the program's fault, though admittedly the error message should've been better :P

Thanks for the help! I just downloaded another one from a different website!

Years
Is it possible to copy a Pokedex Entry from a site like Bulbapedia and then paste it in G3HS because after a while it does get a little mind-numbing?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is it possible to copy a Pokedex Entry from a site like Bulbapedia and then paste it in G3HS because after a while it does get a little mind-numbing?
Idea:
1. Open up ROM in XSE
2. Copypaste the Bulbapedia entry into the text correction thingy so it's properly spaced. Make sure you have it counted so that it doesn't take too many lines, and shorten it if needed.
3. Compile it into free space as a normal text string, more or less like you would with a new item description. You can use dynamic offsets.
4. Repoint the dex entry to the offset you put it in. You can also compile a whole bunch of strings at once and keep track of the offsets, then go back to G3HS and repoint all of them.

You now have copypasted entries and all you need to worry about is all the other blanks in a dex entry.

Last edited:
Years
Idea:
1. Open up ROM in XSE
2. Copypaste the Bulbapedia entry into the text correction thingy so it's properly spaced. Make sure you have it counted so that it doesn't take too many lines, and shorten it if needed.
3. Compile it into free space as a normal text string, more or less like you would with a new item description. You can use dynamic offsets.
4. Repoint the dex entry to the offset you put it in. You can also compile a whole bunch of strings at once and keep track of the offsets, then go back to G3HS and repoint all of them.

You now have copypasted entries and all you need to worry about is all the other blanks in a dex entry.

Oh wow thanks! This will really help.

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
This is a truly amazing tool. I love it, thank you!

I know it's more work, but do you think you can implement a simple-to-use Trainer-Editor/Expander, Type-Editor/Expander, and Item-Editor/Expander?
Being able to alternate between editing a Pokemon, just creating a new type instead of inputting it through the Hex-Code, and editing Type-Effectiveness would save hackers a decent amount of work when making hacks, especially for those who aren't good with hex editors yet. Also, being able to build Trainers in a system that helps with Repointing properly would be SO useful, as you probably know. Finally, being able to edit items so that just a click of the button sets the item as an evolutionary stone or a held item that gives such-and-such effect, including poisoning/burning a specific pokemon (i.e. Toxic and Flame Orbs) would be a God-send. No item-editor I have used has seemed to be all that simple.

I know it's more work, but having all of those in one single easy-to-use program instead of the multiple programs I had to download in the past would be SO useful.

Even if you don't implement these, I still thank you. I will be using this for a very long time, and if ShinyQuagsire is still working on MEH, I'll be using your two programs almost exclusively (with some exceptions unless your guys's programs allows us to do everything we could possibly need, bar single-use programs like Day&Night as well as the Physical/Special Split program, whatever it's called).

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
I have problems regarding the extended pokedex on Fire Red. I added Mega Pidgeot on the expanded pokedex and made the Pidgeot evolve to Mega with Sun Stone (for testing purposes), but when I give a sun stone to Pidgeot the box just says "huh?" then nothing happens. Tried changing the evolution method to level-up and the same thing happened. It seems that there is a problem accessing the expanded rom. Any help would be appreciated.

Back