• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype was able to reach the town slightly behind Val's Charmeleon. He was beaten... but wasn't out. Mark was behind him as well. He tended to be a slacker in the fitness department so it was expected. Snype rested against a small tree with his arms crossed and gave off a large smile. ["Kehehe. Alright Char. You win this round."] Snype said to her, hanging onto her shoulder exsausted. Mark stopped right next to Snype panting and bending down, holding his knees.

"Hah... phew... geez Snype when did you get so fast? Sheesh... might have... overdone it... heh..." Mark asked him. Snype simply snickered at the fact he had beaten his trainer in a race. He looked behind him to see Val, Bri, and Skye still behind him along with a few Pokemon. He waved out to the group and smiled. "You alright over there Val?" Mark asked, noticing she looked tired from carrying Selene.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie slowed down to a stop as Selene seemed to be requesting to be put down. Without warning Selene jumped off. Valorie just sort of leaned over, placing her hands on her knees, watching as she went off chasing her Pikachu, unsure what exactly had just happened. She was catching her breath. After a few moments she began jogging again.

Meanwhile Charmeleon was startled by Ryan flying past her and nearly tripped over her own feet, allowing Snype to pass her.

Valorie had spent herself beyond the point of a second wind and just sort of jogged up to the others, raising a finger to ask for a moment, as she needed to catch her breath yet again for a moment. After said moment she spoke up.

"Yeah I'm fine. We should wait for the others here. It's not that far once the others catch up."

She glanced at Charmeleon, who folded her arms in response, prompting her to raise an eyebrow. Where did Charmeleon learn that gesture? She passed the thought from her mind and looked up at Selene, as if to study her face.

Meanwhile, Trapinch was vaguely aware that Thyme was riding on her back. Normally, Valorie would've been there to recommend against doing anything to provoke a Trapinch. They were after all hunters with jaws capable of crushing solid rock in a single bite. She was not with Trapinch however. Luckily, Trapinch was rather tame and not prone to attacking others. She did however briefly glance at Ellie. Her eyes seemed to be gleaming. Regardless, despite the fact she was going so slow, she was actually hustling, so she didn't have a whole lot to do or say about that whole business.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Bri finally caught up with the others. He stopped to catch his breath.
"See... I told you I could do it!" Bri said with a grin. Nevermind the fact that the others had to wait for him. He glanced over at Skye, and then laughed as he spotted Thyme on Trapinch. She was content to just stay there, and had a look of humor on her face.
"So... Where are we gonna get that ice cream?" Bri asked.
"You mean smoothies!" Thyme said from her perch on the Trapinch.
"Err... Yeah, smoothies!" Bri said, a little emberassed.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
When the other guys arrived, Selene grinned at Val, pointing to Ryan who was exploring the crown of Sel's head, seeing how far over on one side he could lean without falling off - unfortunately this resulted in Sel's hair being used as a safety rope, she winced as she felt him tug it again - meaning he'd leant too far and lost his balance. Having enough, she picked him off her head and held him in the crook of her arm.

"Sorry about that Val, just leaping off and taking off like that, I was worried about Monsterchops here," she tugged Ryan's ear lightly, provoking a disgruntled 'Pika!' "Can't believe how far he went..." she trailed off thoughtfully. That was worrying...admittedly she didn't tell him to stay close, but she would've assumed that common sense would've kicked in seeing as he were in a strange area on a route he didn't know.

She smiled at Bri as he caught up, asking where they were getting the ice-creams from only to be corrected by Thyme - seemed like the Snivy was really after her smoothie! "None of us doubted you for a moment Bri," she said lightly.

Megaman765

Years
Mark finally caught his breath and stood up. "Well... I can tell ya I'm in the 100% in the mood for smoothies after that! Let's go before we pass out from exhaustion!" Mark said happily. Snype had caught his breath as well and looked over to Charmeleon. For some reason, He liked talking to her and was really only interested in conversation with her at the moment. Perhaps he was being too friendly but it seemed to keep her from going berserk like last time.

["Phew... hows that for a training exercise?"] Snype said giving off his large smile. ["Throw a bit of competition in the ring and it becomes a real workout! Your pretty darn fast!"] He complemented.

Mark walked over to Valorie, waiting for the others to catch up. "Heh... seems you gave yourself quite a workout huh? Your pretty strong to carry Selene like that... ah... no offense to you or anything Selene! I don't mean anything by it!" Mark said, holding his hands up hoping Selene wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Dawn

Years
Valorie shrugged lightly as if it were no big deal. She was ever so slightly disappointed that she couldn't carry Selene the other way, but perhaps it was for the best. Gosh knows she would've developed a sore back somewhere along the line.

Then Mark spoke up and Valorie turned her head to look at him, a slight smile quickly turning into a broad grin. Had he really just said that? She enjoyed the compliment, but had he really just said that about Selene? She suddenly burst out laughing. Yet, after a second or so her laughing was abruptly cut off by her coughing and covering her mouth. She coughed a couple more times before smiling apologetically.

"Erm... sorry."

Meanwhile, Trapinch trotted up behind Brian and probably Skye carrying Thyme on her back. She didn't seem to mind all that much.

Charmeleon seemed to be staring at Ryan, though she was totally not showing any particular sign of attacking, unless you consider her noticing his existence a sign of attacking.

Charmeleon: "Yeah... great."

She didn't seem to be all present in the head.

005xh.png
Charmeleon ♀ Lv. 19 (Dragon Rage, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 24 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 18 (Bite, Dig, Faint Attack, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

Last edited:
Years
Before stepping into the abandoned dorm Jack began to think about what the others were doing. He thought Valorie and Mark were probably off some where making out, Brian was crying in some corner and who knows what Selena does in her free time. Those were Jacks thoughts but what was important now was the happenings ahead of him, the pokemon he may find inside the old broken down dorm. Am i really going to do this Jack thought as he hesitantly walked through the halls Am i this desperate to find new pokemon Well it was too late now he was already too far to turn back not even being able to see the door from where he had ended up. Jack stopped for a moment to take in the vast emptiness and realized that this was by far the biggest dorm on the island. As he continued to wander around Jack began to notice some weird happenings around the place. He saw pictures move everytime he exited a room ligths occasionally flickered Jack just sighed he knew ghost pokemon were mischivious so he wasn't at all surprised.

"Ok which ever pokemon you are show yourself" Jack shouted hoping to draw out the trouble maker. All the lights began to go on and off before a shadowy figure began to emerge from a painting in the wall which pokemon would appear Jack didn't know but he had a pokeball in hand ready to go.

Nideous

Years
Thyme spotted the Charmeleon that had hurt Bri before and was angry at it. She leapt off the Trapinch and walked directly over to her.
"Thyme! Don't cause trouble!" Bri said warningly. She ignored him.
"There you are! You've got a lot of nerve, hurting my human like that! What do you have to say for yourself?" she said, glaring up at the Charmeleon. Bri really didn't want this. He fumbled for Thyme's pokeball, intent on calling her back, but he dropped it and it rolled away from him. He dove after it. This was the last thing he needed right now! Drizzle popped out of his pokeball and walked over.
"Thyme, get a grip, will ya? It was an accident! You're just making it worse! Come on, let's go over there and hang out," Drizzle said, picking Thyme up and carrying her awya. She started protesting a lot. Bri finally caught up to the ball and returned her. He turned to Drizzle.
"Hey, I'm cool!" he said. Bri turned to Charmeleon.
"I'm sorry about that Thyme is a little over protective of me. Can you forgive her?" he said. He wanted peace between the pokemon. Thyme fighting would not help that.

SelenaStar

Years
Face like thunder, Sel turned slowly to face Mark, who already had his hands up defensively as though pre-empting an attack. She walked forward slowly and deliberately towards Mark until she were a mere foot away from him.

"Say...it...again?" she asked slowly, and Ryan peeped down at her anxiously before ducking down and pushing Sel's hair up in front of him like a barrier, ducking behind it. "You saying I'm hefty? Chunky? FAT?" her face was flushing red as she got angrier and angrier. He dared call her fat? After she'd just run past THE LOT of them to get to her Ryan? She heard Val snicker and shot a glare at her, turning back to Mark with one of her eyes twitching.

'/Oh man...where is Ri when you need him.../' thought Ryan as he closed his eyes, waiting for the explosion.

Sel reached out her hand towards Mark, and patted him gently on his cheek, her face breaking into a wide grin.

"And I fear you would be correct Sir!" she trilled lightly, stepping back and smiling. "I have put on a couple of pounds since I've been here unfortunately...nightmare. I've gotten lazy! I need to start jogging again." she turned away and gave a small laugh. "So, smoothies?"

Ryan looked down, eyes wide. Wha-what had just happened? He was convinced that Sel was going to deck Mark...yet now she was laughing and joking as though...oh, she'd been pulling his leg pretending to be angry when she knew he wasn't really calling her anything. Ry paused. He was starting to think that his trainer could be a bit of a schizophrenic...

Megaman765

Years
Mark backed up worried at what Sel would do. "N..no! I didn't mean it like that I swear! Your fine! Skinny! Well fit!" Issac insisted. Snype snickered at the situation Mark got himself into. He closed his eyes anticipating a slap or something but instead it was a light pat on the cheek. He sighed in relief when she actually wasn't mad at him. Just all fun in games... Mark laughed along with her. Selene was a real jokester.

"Yeah, I'm all up for that! I'm sweating over here!" Mark said, laughing cheerfully.

SelenaStar

Years
Howling with laughter, Sel pointed at Mark's face - now that was real, unbridled relief sketched all over his visage. She shook her head and put her hands on her hips, joddling Ryan about a bit and earning a disgruntled frown and a 'Pika-pi!'

"Seriously Mark...way to dig yourself out of a hole there buddy. Although the 'well fit' comment is one way to make up for it, congrats, I forgive you," she winked at him and turned to Valorie, waiting to find out where the smoothie place was.

Only then did she feel the sensitivity between her toes - she looked down and winced at the angry, red rubbed skin between her big and second toe...turns out running in flip-flops is not the best idea, no matter how fast you can do it.

Dawn

Years
Valorie looked curiously at Selene, not quite figuring out that her feet were hurting. If she knew, she'd probably be a hero and offer to carry her some more. She turned and pointed testilly into town, in a rather specific direction.

"It's just down the block."

She then took off moving. Seeing as she hadn't heard the sound of fire, she didn't suspect anything of Charmeleon.

Meanwhile, Charmeleon just sort of narrowed her eyes at Thyme. She had something to say, or would normally opt to spit fire at pokemon that were aggravating her, but was still recuperating a bit from the run. Thus, Brian managed to return Thyme before anything could break out. She then proceeded to growl, lightly, something of mumbled retorts.

"Cmon!"

Valorie began to walk down said block, Trapinch and Charmeleon turning to follow. Dratini actually floated over in Selene's presence this time. If one didn't know any better, they might think Dratini had heard that little aunt bit. Of course, to be quite blunt, Dratini didn't even know what an aunt was, let alone could she understand the human word for it without Brians help. Yet, none-the-less Selene seemed to have gotten her attention.

Nideous

Years
Bri followed along behind Valerie. Thyme's behavior had been distressing to say the least. She must have been really angry and scared for him. That was the first time she hadn't listened when he told her to do something. Drizzle walked along next to him a moment before running up to talk with Charmeleon and Snype.
"Hey, I'm Drizzle. Sorry about my girl back there. She's a bit of a crazy one. I hope she didn't make you too mad. Hey Snype! How's it going!" Drizzle said to the two pokemon. He put his arms behind his head as though he was a human as he walked. Bri smiled at them. Drizzle was going to sort this all out. But he thought he had heard Drizzle call Thyme his girl. She'd have a fit if she had heard that! His thoughts went back to the time she had hit Snype with Attract. Hah! That would have either made Drizzle very jealous or made him laugh very loudly. Bri wasn't sure which one yet. But one thing was certain. Bri was going to leave Thyme in her ball for a while to let her cool off.

Megaman765

Years
Mark and Snype followed Valorie to where she was leading them. He could taste the smoothies already... Snype walked alongside Charmeleon, slightly laughing at Thymes behavior. "Kehehehe, Ah you'll get used to her." Snype said again giving off his large smile. "She gets moody real easy but she's not so bad!" Snype noticed Drizzle had joined them and put his arm around Snype's neck. "Hey Drizzle!" Snype said cheerfully. Did he just say his girl...? Confused, Snype couldn't help but ask. "Your girl? Kehehe. Don't tell me you hooked up with Thyme! Kehehe..." He said oblivious to the joke.

Mark smiled. "Alright Alright Sel." He said as he followed Valorie to their destination.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
As Vincent started to follow behind everyone he felt Terra tugging on his pants.

"What is it?" Xack asked as he knelled down. Terra then pointed to Dyno harassing a boy who looked around Vince's age. Dyno was chasing the boy around trying to bite him.

"Hey guys you go ahead I have to deal with something," Vince said as he ran after Dyno. Vincent quickly picked up Dyno and the boy stopped for a moment to catch his breath.

"Hey man you've got to control that stupid pokemon of yours," The boy said rudely. This ticked Vince and Dyno off and they both wanted to give to boy a piece of their mind.

"Sorry my Deino has a history of being rude and just plain mean but no need to start calling my pokemon stupid," Vince said with an aggressive tone. The boy scoffed and then noticed that Vince had a Charmeleon.

"A Charmeleon eh? The last time I saw one of those I beat it so bad. Charmeleons are worthless," The boy said as he took out two pokeballs. This made Xack really upset first he calls Dyno stupid now he calls Blitz useless and even worse all Charmeleons.

"If you're so confident let's have a double battle Dyno and Bltiz against whatever pokemon you have," Luna said confident he'd probably win.

"Fine then let's go!" The boy exclaimed as he moved into a open area of the town.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye saw Vince about to fight and paused to watch. Something told him this would be interesting. Not to mention his instincts were being very insistent. So he returned Ellie, who understood and stood back. Rama woke up and looked over. He got the message quickly too. There was a fight going on, with pride on the line. Of course Skye was interested. Plus the opponent had been quite insulting. So the kid deserved what he got.

SelenaStar

Years
Sel winked at Mark before Valorie announced where they were going, Sel's stomach practically whooped out loud when she realised they'd be there soon. "Brilliant stuff!" she exclaimed, falling into step beside Mark, Valorie and Bri. She noticed Valorie looking at her with something approaching interest on her face and she looked back at her questioningly. "Everything okay Val?" she asked brightly.

A sudden exchange behind them made Sel pause and turn around - she sighed and rolled her eyes as she saw Vince getting into a battle with a random boy. She turned to the others and gestured to the two boys, saying in a somewhat irritated tone "looks like Speedy Gonzalez is getting himself into bother...I'll go tell him we're going to the smoothie place...just a minute,"

She ran up to Vince and the boy. She noticed the boy look her up and down coldly and she realised all of a sudden why Vince had picked a fight with him...and she bloody well hoped that he won it.

"And you are?" she asked the boy with a raised eyebrow, her tone practically covered in icicles. She shook her head suddenly, interrupting both herself and him as he opened his mouth. "No wait...it doesn't matter, I don't care." She turned her back on him and raised an eyebrow at Vince. "We're not hanging around, we're way too hungry and tired and generally pissed, so we're going to the smoothie place. Kick some ass." She encouraged, patting his shoulder before running back up to the others. She met them and grinned widely.

"Yeah...he's battling that rude little idiot. So looks like we're a man down. Shall we continue?"

Nideous

Years
Bri turned around and saw Vince about to battle some punk. The things he had heard him say were enough to make Bri want to battle him, and he hated battling! He also spotted Skye hanging back as well.
"Kick his tail! The whole school is behind you on this one! If you don't, I'm just going to have to teach him a lesson for you! Skye, Vince! I'll see you around! You better not take too long! Or we won't get you a smootie Vince!" Bri yelled back as he kept walking. He wasn't worried anymore.

Drizzle grinned at Snype.
"Is that a hint of jealousy I hear? Could my ghostly little friend actually like the ice princess? Maybe he's not so against being put under her Attract! Hah, Thyme told me all about that one! But to answer your question, no. Not yet. But I'm trying to get through to her. It's hard work," Drizzle said to Snype.

Dawn

Years
Valorie nodded to Selene in response before stopping to watch her walk over to Vince. She seemed a bit unamused with the whole battle deal. Selene wasn't the only one whose stomach was being so demanding. When Selene returned Valorie smiled lightly at her.

"I don't really want to wait around for another battle. Maybe he won't even take that long! Let's just go."

Valorie hesitated a moment before cupping her hands over her mouth as if to simulate a megaphone.

"Hey Vincent! The place is just up the street! Come join us when you're done!"

Nobody had really had a chance to hear Valorie yell before, it's worth noting. She then turned tail and began walking again, turning the corner at an intersection. She then pointed to a relatively small store not that far ahead of them.

"That's it there."

Meanwhile, Charmeleon gave Snype and Drizzle funny looks as they discussed girls as if they were aliens doing the chicken dance or something ridiculously strange like that.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
"Will do," Vince said as Selene walked off. This kid was going to get it now Vince wasn't going to hold anything back he was going to let Dyno and Blitz show this guy what they're made of. He then heard what Bri said, oh! Now he had to win this fight and make it big.

"We'll have a two on two four pokemon battle," The boy said as he tossed his two pokeballs into the air and his pokemon came out in a flash of light. A Loudred and Tauros appeared out of the pokeballs both looking ready for battle.

"Fine doesn't matter if we have a six on six fight. Dyno, Blitz get ready to rock!" Xack exclaimed. The two pokemon both stepped in front of their trainer ready for battle.

"I'll have the first attack Taur Taur use horn attack and Loudy use uproar!" The boy ordered his two pokemon. The Loudred started by making a loud annoying screech from its mouth that anyone could hear but it was affecting Blitz and Deino more making them staggering in pain. Vincent too had to cover his ears from the loud noise. The Tauros however kept running toward Dyno full force jabbing its horse into the Deino and the lunging him into the air.

"Blitz quick use smokescreen!" Vince ordered. The Charmeleon let out a large cloud of smoke engulfing the Tauros and Loudred. "Now Dyno from above use Dark pulse!" Dyno for once listened to Vince mainly because the Deino could tell he and Vince both had a strong lust to beat this kid. Dyno the opened his mouth and dark black rings came flying form his mouth onto the Loudred stopping its uproar attack.

"Hmph, You'll pay for that! Loudy use Hammer arm on the Charmeleon!" The boy commanded after the Loudred shook of the dark pulse which did considerable amount of damage.

"Blitz counter with dragon claw!" Vince ordered. As the Loudred swung its arm at Blitz he grabbed hold of the arm with his blue glowing claws and the two began struggling for dominance.

"Taur Taur helped Loudy use horn attack on the Charmeleon," The boy said. As the Tauros charged at Blitz Dyno landed from the air and Vince thought of a great idea.

"Dyno quick use Earth power on the Tauros!" Vince told Dyno. Dyno the stopped the ground and the earth under the Tauros started to shake and move around and the ground started to erupt from the earth knocking the Tauros around.

"Blitz use flamethrower now full force," He added. Blitz then used a powerful flamethrower attack from his mouth onto Loudy knocking it out.

"No Loudy," The boy said as he returned the Loudred. As the Tauros was knocked to the ground from an earth power attack it got back up and let out a roar. "Let's go Taur Taur sue Giga Impact!" The boy ordered.

Blitz and Dyno both looked to Vince and shook their heads they knew what to do. Blitz tail then burned more intensely and Dyno let out a loud roar. "Blitz Flamethrower and Dyno use Dark pulse," Xack ordered. As the Tauros came closer Blitz let out a powerful flamethrower and Dyno a dark pulse causing a large explosion knocking the Tauros out.

"Alright good job you too now take a rest," Vincent said congradulating his pokemon moving out of the way. "Now for round two," He said as he looked to Wattage and Terra.

Back