• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
So does the demo ends after your third badge, if so than damn I was having fun with it. great pokemon game by the way :)

Yes, but there are other small things you can do afterwards (because the demo doesn't run credits and force an end). You can visit Diglett's Tunnel and backtrack to previously inaccessible areas of Route 2, or you can check out Route 11 if you haven't already.

Thanks for the feedback. :P

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
The game is awesome so far, I can see myself playing this forever when the full version comes out. I'd just like to ask if there is some way you could implement a screen size slightly smaller than 'medium', but not so much like 'small'? It's a very minor thing and I can deal with it. It's just a bit of the screen gets chopped off at the bottom, even though I have my taskbar hide on my desktop. It's very insignificant, but I thought I should ask anyway.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
The game is awesome so far, I can see myself playing this forever when the full version comes out. I'd just like to ask if there is some way you could implement a screen size slightly smaller than 'medium', but not so much like 'small'? It's a very minor thing and I can deal with it. It's just a bit of the screen gets chopped off at the bottom, even though I have my taskbar hide on my desktop. It's very insignificant, but I thought I should ask anyway.

The "Small" screen size resizes everything to 0.5 (or half) of its size. The reason I can't make it higher than 0.5 is because it will cause graphical issues and just look awful. You could try dragging the window up, but there's not much else I can help you with.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
The "Small" screen size resizes everything to 0.5 (or half) of its size. The reason I can't make it higher than 0.5 is because it will cause graphical issues and just look awful. You could try dragging the window up, but there's not much else I can help you with.

Yeah I tried that, but no worries. Thanks anyway. The story is shaping up well, keep up the good work man.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Sorry for leaving everyone in the dark on how the development was going. To make up for it, I'll give some news on how progress is going so far.

Demo 1.1.0 will go up to Celadon City (and maybe the Rocket Hideout). This means that the next demo will have many new areas, a new gym to challenge, more Pokémon to catch and more story. I plan on releasing regular demos so that people don't lose faith in this project. Too many projects promise a lot and then take months to release, so I'll try to dismiss that idea.

Since the last demo, the following areas have been added to Infernal Red:

- Route 9
- Route 10
- Rock Tunnel
- Lavender Town
- Pokémon Tower

This means mapping, Trainers, items and wild Pokémon. I've also expanded Route 12, which can now be accesed south of Lavender Town.

Here are some screenshots of progress so far: http://imgur.com/a/m68nO

The story of Infernal Red and Natural Green will be slightly altered and expanded, with Giovanni and Mr. Fuji playing larger roles than before. I won't give too many details, but I can tell you that Mega Evolution and Mewtwo play a big role in the story...

Nanashima has been busy recently, but they're still working on music for the game. The wait will be worth it.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the next demo. I can't pinpoint a release date, but the ETA will probably be 2-3 months, perhaps earlier. I'm terrible when it comes to estimates, so please don't stone me for it. I'll try to keep everyone updated as much as I can. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment below. I take most suggestions into consideration and I won't bite. ;)

In the meantime, download the demo here: http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red-pokemon-natural-green/81423

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
I'm so excited.. God damn. Anyway I don't know if this is just me, but the bicycle seems a lot slower than it usually would in Pokemon games. Is that something that can be tinkered with?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Pokémon Infernal Red and Natural Green is now on Twitter! Be sure to follow the page for regular updates, news and other things from yours truly:

https://twitter.com/PkmnInfernalRed

On a serious note, I'm fully aware that there is a major tileset problem in Viridian Forest. I plan on releasing a version 1.0.2 patch very soon to address this problem (as well as other smaller issues).

In other news, Nanashima has composed a few more pieces of music which will feature in this patch. The intro cutscene from Firered and Leafgreen has also been implemented, albeit with new music from Nanashima. It will be included in the patch, so look forward to it!

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Recently I've fixed a few minor problems, changed some things and sorted out the massive tileset problem in Viridian Forest. Not much has changed, but Vermilion City has a hint for the next major update...

(Gen 6 = changes made in line with Generation 6 mechanics)

-Additions-

- Added intro cutscene before Title Screen (The Gengar/Nidorino one from FRLG).
- Added Vermilion Tower. (Inaccessible during this demo)

-Changes-

- Changed the textbox position when choosing starter Pokémon.
- Replaced the Rocket Grunts in blocking off Route 9 with rocks for no apparent reason.
- Changed Rival's Pokémon movesets. (Gen 6)
- Changed location names with "Bx" to "BxF" (e.g. "Mt. Moon B1" is now "Mt. Moon B1F").
- Changed Bicycle speed from 5.2 to 5.6.
- Changed Team Rocket battle music.
- Changed intensity of shadows for Player and NPCs.

-Fixes-

- Cleaned up some major tileset problems in Viridian Forest.
- Cleaned up minor tileset problems in other maps.
- Fixed shadow moving when using a fishing rod.
- Shadow no longer displays while surfing.
- Sorted out bridge priorities (WARNING: There is a graphical issue whenever you go to step on a bridge, but it is a neccesary evil) (This includes the Snorlax on Route 12 being temporarily invisible).
- Fixed a typo with the Team Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge.
- Fixed Teleport bug that would Teleport you on top of a Pokémon Center's door.
- Fixed typo in Grimer's Pokédex entry.
- Re-positioned a few Pokémon sprites.

Download the game here: http://gamejolt.com/games/pokemon-infernal-red-pokemon-natural-green/81423

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
This is pretty impressive. I'll look forward to exploring Kanto with updated mechanics, especially the physical/special split).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2015
Sorry, but can I patch my older version of the demo with this new one so that I don't have to start all over again my progress so far? Sorry about my question; I'm new at this. Thanks and keep of the great effort :).

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Sorry, but can I patch my older version of the demo with this new one so that I don't have to start all over again my progress so far? Sorry about my question; I'm new at this. Thanks and keep of the great effort :).

Your save file should be stored internally on your PC. Downloading and playing a newer version won't delete your saved progress, so you can play on the newer downloaded version without losing anything.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Just curious do you plan to give Hidden Power the universal base power of 60 as seen in Gen 6? It would be enourmously helpful. the maker of Pokémon Metal even allowed it so when you look up the IV/EV screen it shows what type of hidden power you have on a specific pokemon as well, so might there be a chance we can have access to the hidden power checker at the start of a game?

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Just curious do you plan to give Hidden Power the universal base power of 60 as seen in Gen 6? It would be enourmously helpful. the maker of Pokémon Metal even allowed it so when you look up the IV/EV screen it shows what type of hidden power you have on a specific pokemon as well, so might there be a chance we can have access to the hidden power checker at the start of a game?

Hidden Power already has a base power of 60, don't worry. As for the IV/EV screen, I'll look into it. I'm not the greatest scripter so it'd take me a while.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh I had no idea you already fixed hidden power lol but otherwise thanks

Oh I get a crash whenever I hit f12 to reset, has that been fixed in the next demo?

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Oh I had no idea you already fixed hidden power lol but otherwise thanks

Oh I get a crash whenever I hit f12 to reset, has that been fixed in the next demo?

I'm still not sure what exactly is causing the problem, but it's on the bottom of my priority list because it's a really minor issue. If I have time, I'll try looking into it.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Figured I might as well give you guys information on how development is going and what to expect in the next major update.

Demo 1.1.0 will go up to the 4th Gym (Erika the Grass-type leader, for those who don't know). This means that routes, Trainers and events leading up to the 4th Gym will be included. The ETA for this demo will be around 1-2 months. I'm bad at estimates, so bear with me.

The following maps will be in the next demo:

- Vermilion Tower (or some of it)
- Route 9
- Route 10
- Rock Tunnel
- Lavender Town
- Pokémon Tower (partially, due to story reasons)
- More of Route 11
- Route 8
- Route 7
- Celadon City
- Rocket Hideout
- Route 16 (again, partially)

Mega Evolution is likely to come about AFTER this demo, for story reasons. Fear not, as you can still have fun wasting time on the Game Corner's slot machines, trying to get that elusive Porygon. Seriously, you're going to be there forever.

PM me or leave a comment if you have any more questions, I'll try my best to keep you updated… and for the love of god INSTALL THE FONTS (sorry this is a pet hate it really bugs me).

Last edited:
Back