• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N is Zoroark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
After B/W release, me some other people were making theories about N being Zoroark disguised as human. I think events with Zoroark from B2/W2 might be supporting those theories. I'm not saying those events are 100% evidence, but they are interesting for sure:

In this event Zoroark is shown to be able not only to disguise as human, but also to even speak like human, which means N could be talking Zoroark as well (remember that N always speaks faster that any other character, that's weird):

In this one, Zoroark is leading player to N's Castle and immediately disappears. After getting to Castle, there is only N. Zoroark doesn't show up anymore. Notice that N doesn't have Zoroark in his team, so he couldn't hide it into Pokeball:

I admit I'm basing only on what I see, I don't understand what N is talking about. If you know that N is saying something definitely confirming he's not that Zoroark who was leading to Castle, please post it.

Anyway, what do you think about those events? Could N really be Zoroark?

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I don't think N is Zoroark mainly because he owns a Zoroark. x__x However; the evidence does provide a connection, especially with Zoroark leading the player and then only N being there. However Zoroark could have just disappeared since they most likely have great stealth. Good theory nonetheless.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
will we be able to catch a Zoroark/Zorua normally this time around?

I think N is N

Perriechu

Years
will we be able to catch a Zoroark/Zorua normally this time around?

I think N is N

Actually, one of the 7 sages gives us N's Zorua. And we go on to meet N later on so that's more evidence against it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Zoroark in the Victory Road is the Zorua that N befriended when he was a child and helped him develop his powers to understand the hearts of Pokemon. N himself is human.

Mentalii

Back
Years
It's an interesting theory, his hair could remind of Zoroark, but I highly doubt that N is actually a Zoroark. As everybody say, N is N. I guess this little ressemblance was just volontary. And anyway, I think Zoroark can only transform itself into a human it has already seen, so that would mean that the human N exist nevertheless.

droomph

weeb
Years
Dis' what I got from the first video:

Hiker: "Zoroark had settled down 'round here at most two years ago. It's been said that with its ability of illusion, it [something] liberate this meadow, the prison of Pokémon, even if by trickery. Unthinkable though, it's just a rumor - the truth must be still out there. I don't think that it wasn't necessary, though, dontcha think?"
[walks]
"Kyyyyuuuuuh!"

I might be wrong, but here's what I used to translate it - I might be wrong on some of these:
Spoiler:

I think this is referring to N and his decision to liberate all the Pokémon of the world, only to find out at the end he was tricked by Ghetsis.

On a separate note, doesn't N's ponytail (or whatever you'd call it) looks like Zoroark's hair design? js

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
And anyway, I think Zoroark can only transform itself into a human it has already seen, so that would mean that the human N exist nevertheless.

Zoroark could have seen young Ghetsis. That would explain why they both have similar hair color. Junichi Masuda said that N's real parents are unknown. And they are still unknown in B2/W2. Assuming N's father is not Ghetsis, why the look like father and son?

I guess this issue will never be explained completely, the same like what happened to Cyrus.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Keep in mind that he has the ability to talk to Pokemon. Also, maybe his decision to liberate Pokemon was based off the fact that he was a Pokemon. And he has the scary resemblence for the hair. I actually think that this has some truth to it, but I don't think that it will ever be confirmed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Also, if N is friends with the Pokémon, why would he want them to live in a separate world to him and the other humans? It would mean he'd never see them again. It would make sense if he was a Pokémon, which Zoroark is.

Perriechu

Years
When N was younger he had a Zorua. So as he grew with it, Zorua became his favorite Pokemon. Zoroark would then become his 'signature' Pokemon. We know how much people in the Pokemon world like to style themselves after Pokemon. /N's hair.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Junichi Masuda said something about N being born from Pokemon and that his real parents are unknown. Some people were hoping to see his parents in B2/W2, but they weren't shown. Maybe because they aren't humans, therefore N is not human as well.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Wow I've never really thought about this, I guess this would be interesting but now that they've already made B2W2 unless they include N in any other future games this won't really be expanded on. I don't think he really is a zoroark though, just a human with "special" "powers" (direct communication with Pokemon) but it's still interesting.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
It's not certain Ghetsis is N's father. Remember how Game Freak "confirmed" Kyurem doesn't literally fuse with Zekrom/Reshiram? It's proven to be wrong in B2/W2. The same can go with Ghetsis being N's father. Even Game Freak sometimes says confusing things about their own games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's not certain Ghetsis is N's father. Remember how Game Freak "confirmed" Kyurem doesn't literally fuse with Zekrom/Reshiram? It's proven to be wrong in B2/W2. The same can go with Ghetsis being N's father. Even Game Freak sometimes says confusing things about their own games.

Game Freak didn't "Confirm Kyurem doesn't literally fuse with Zekrom/Reshiram." The Movie with Kyurem isn't made by Gamefreak, we assumed he didn't since Kyurem could freely change form in the movies cause all the old movies' legendary Pokemon kept true to thier Movie Transformation. Gamefreak confirmed the rumor that they did fuse.

Ghetsis told the story of N's birth, or at least someone in Plasma did. We also see N progressively age which he would not be able to do if he wasn't human. When Masuda said N was rumored to have been born by pokemon, that was a joke cause he heard fans talking about it and his co workers shared the rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back