• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Since it seems like most people want Pokemon with (near) perfect IVs, I'm trying to do some Googling & educate myself on the whole IV thing because I've never been too interested but it seems to up the anty for people to trade you so I'm trying to figure it out. I saw Serebii has a 'IV calculator' but I'm still rather lost. I just want to complete my Pokedex as I go, GAH, ha ha.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Since it seems like most people want Pokemon with (near) perfect IVs, I'm trying to do some Googling & educate myself on the whole IV thing because I've never been too interested but it seems to up the anty for people to trade you so I'm trying to figure it out. I saw Serebii has a 'IV calculator' but I'm still rather lost. I just want to complete my Pokedex as I go, GAH, ha ha.

If you need additional help feel free to message me. I should be able to work out any problems you might be having understanding and may just have some Pokémon to get you started. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
!! I can talk about how cool 루기아 is right here. Yup. Ahhh yeahhh. Quite a handful of folks helped me finish the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm tonight. :')

Time to put those 5IV foreign breeds to work.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
!! I can talk about how cool 루기아 is right here. Yup. Ahhh yeahhh. Quite a handful of folks helped me finish the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm tonight. :')

Time to put those 5IV foreign breeds to work.

Yay good job blade <3 Hope you get a shiny soon!

Please don't kill me

Years
Congratulations on the shiny charm, Lilith. ;)

Anyways, what started off as bit of a joke now is getting serious. When I got the shiny Garden Vivillon, I never thought I'd have 5 shiny Vivillon patterns. I could possibly get a sixth one today. Maybe I can even complete the collection by 2016.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Good luck. That'd be a very nice collection.

@pair gj you nolifed it.

Years
If I do come tantalizingly close to completing the collection, though, I guarantee I'll never be able to find the remaining couple of patterns.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Anybody interested in money farming Smeargle? I was thinking about breeding and Sketching a good set to distribute. I won't put the effort in if nobody is interested though.

Smeargle @ Amulet Coin
Adamant / Technician
6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
-Pay Day
-Happy Hour
-Damp
-Recover

Happy Hour is one time use. Pay Day is an attack that farms money. Damp allows Smeargle to hit anything with Pay Day. Recover allows it to stay healthy.

This is my first draft. Thoughts on if anybody would want this? Free distribution. Or maybe a different moveset?

EDIT: I heard Luck Incense also stacks with Amulet Coin to farm even more. I haven't verified and if it does work I don't know if it ends up as 6x, 8x or what + what Pay Day gives.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
So I was able to get a hold of the guy who has my two Shiny pokemon. His responses was "sorry I'll give it back". I don't understand people anymore.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So I was able to get a hold of the guy who has my two Shiny pokemon. His responses was "sorry I'll give it back". I don't understand people anymore.

Maybe he just got busy or something? I hope at least.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
Maybe he just got busy or something? I hope at least.

No he wasn't at all. He never explained why he felt the need to block me but yea I got my pokemon back.

Years
I mean, I don't get why he'd just give it back. Unless he screwed up with the cloning and accidentally turned off the wrong 3DS, and was afraid to tell you so. But that wasn't the case. Very strange.

Edit: ****, found out my shiny Latios is hacked. It has Japanese name and OT but the region is English. I had similar problem with shiny Lugia where the OT was English but the region was Japanese. (not the off looking English alphabet that only Japanese games seem to have)

Last edited:
Years
So I've been debating on opening up a shop. I had one back when black and white came out and it didn't do so great. More of hassle than a help. Still, I want to give it another go. The thing is, I can't clone and don't have any real good materials to start up iv breeding yet. I have access to pretty much all of the safari pokemon and I've acquired most of the bank pokemon.
Plus, once the bank is(if) released, I will have a decent amount of iv'd and EV trained pokemon plus a ton of shinies. I also have some egg move pokemon too on gen 6 and a few shinies. I've had a little success with getting the rarer things I want in the qtt, but I would say close to 90% of my trader review thread is just from me being a qtt hero and not really benefitting from the trades myself.
I guess what I'm asking here is, do you guys think I should take the time to open a shop right now? Has it benefited you all better than the qtt? Should I wait until I can clone? I just don't want to put a lot of time into a flop again. XD.

Years
Funny, I'm in the same predicament.

But the ability to clone is golden. That's how I accrued over 20 competitive shinies. I can also be ultra generous to people who need my help as well without handicapping myself.

Last edited:
Years
is 6th gen cloning hard btw? The amount of stingy cloners is outstanding. When I cloned on gen 5, I had to change my dns code;upload to the gts; visit a site and save the pokemons data on my computer; go to another website and change to another dns code; then upload the pokemon and go to the gts to receive the clone; and then change back to my original dns code before i could trade. That was a pain but I still freely handed out clones left and right. Heck, I had a fb page where I did nothing but give away shiny clones.
Just wondering.

Years
Holy ****, I got a shiny Monsoon scatterbug today... I'm stoked, as it's my favorite Vivillon pattern.

is 6th gen cloning hard btw? The amount of stingy cloners is outstanding. When I cloned on gen 5, I had to change my dns code;upload to the gts; visit a site and save the pokemons data on my computer; go to another website and change to another dns code; then upload the pokemon and go to the gts to receive the clone; and then change back to my original dns code before i could trade. That was a pain but I still freely handed out clones left and right. Heck, I had a fb page where I did nothing but give away shiny clones.
Just wondering.

It's fairly difficult, especially if you're new to gen 6 cloning. It's not as if there's action replay to clone 50 times in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back