• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Spoiler:

What? Big three? The true heroes of this club are ryan, Aaryn, and SkinnyGreenMan. If only we still had them around. u__u;

Spoiler:

Co-owners, I meant the "Big Three" co-owners. XP

Spoiler:

Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)

So it's true!? I has hope yet. :D

hello there =]

i would like to join this club due to my recent obsession for shinys so if it is okay with u guys i would love to join =]

Welcome, hiei-chan, have a blast here. =D

Holy CRAP.....

2,601 Magikarp.

2,601st.................. Shiny.

I kid you not....

I just put in my Japanese one and my own Magikarp, but saved before taking that last egg of my originals.

And that one was shiny.

HARD WORK PAYS OFF: BB&T TAKE IT TO THE BANK AND CASH IT SHINY MAGIKARP WAS HATCHED!!!!

*faints* Congratulations on the Magikarp, DDD. Your hatching of it and MetalMario's confirmation has raised my hopes up even higher. :D I'm a happy Hunter. ^_^

Well, I'm at 1412 Eggs so far, and with these recent developments, I'm even more closer to my prize *muahaha*!! Good luck to all.

Deidara

"Art Is A Bang"
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I'd get one from the white rock in Mossdeep, but my rocket launch count has already passed 100. :( GJ with the Heavy Ball. Doesn't it take two weeks to grow a Black Apricorn?

In other news, it's come to my attention that Platinum's RNG is abusable in similar ways to Emerald's. (It doesn't prevent the legitimate capture of shinies, nor does it occasionally dish out lucky savefiles, but nonetheless, is still predictable.) Therefore, any shinies from Platinum found by exploiting the RNG will be considered cert shinies, so only one (period. across all species and savefiles) may be counted for credit. If exploiting the RNG involves using external devices to find your secret ID, shinies found in this way may not be counted at all.

Use of Masuda's Rule for breeding, on the other hand, is completely acceptable and encouraged. It seems that amidst this research, they've confirmed (finally) the existence of a shiny odds boost when breeding Pokémon from foreign games. The odds of hatching a shiny in this case are approx. 1 in 2048. (Be careful when choosing your parents though! Just trading an egg to a foreign game and hatching it there doesn't change its region for these purposes, despite having a foreign nickname and OT. The parent Pokémon must bred/caught on the foreign game.) It hasn't been mentioned whether or not this works on D/P or just Platinum, but I'd expect it works the same way on D/P since Jun'ichi Masuda posted the blog long before Platinum's release.

Hello shiny Skorupi. (still breeding Chikorita in Emerald just for the principle of the matter, and for GenIII access)

thanks for admitting me MM =]

also i dont understand this foriegn game thing, what exactly must you do?

Years
well i gave up on ralts for right now but i will try again some other day when i have more patient -_-

in other news today i chained a sneasal up to 39 and accidently run away from the 40 -_-

but on my second try a shiny patch appeared after 9 sneasal but unfortantly ma chain broke when i caught the sneasal...i have no idea why but at least i have ma shiny sneasal ^_^

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
i got a shiny phione!
i have a manaphy, breeded it and got a shiny my 3rd try ^^

Years
Congrats again on Shiny Magikarp, DDD.

azuman... Are you even a member of this club? If not, please don't post, unless you want to join...
I see you joined a while back... Be active in the club more often D:<

I'm gonna SR for Articuno now. Lots. :P
I'm even contemplating over the idea of stealing my FireRed back from my brother to dual Soft Rest. Who agrees?

That's it for now, but good luck to all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2009
Hello guys. May I join? Im an shiny hunter. I don't obtain any from GTS, I can't really trust to many people when it comes to shiny pokemon. Once they were so rare. Now they are something you see all the time and it completely ruins the true meaning of having one.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My normal computer is broken so I won't be around much till it is fixed. I didn't get anything in March at all. Was an empty month. I am still SRing for Chimchar, Spiritomb, Palkia and Torchic so I hope one of them comes up soon.

Will read through all the posts I have missed once I get my computer back. Should be in about 2 weeks.

Years
ShinyArticunoDescription-1.jpg

Can you please tell me what "epic win" is?
My LeafGreen.
3,200 Soft Resets.
Smexy birdie.

Sparkle Ring.
A Wild [Shiny] Articuno Appeared!

I'll edit with the video link when it uploads.

EDIT: Wabam.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hi everyone, how are you doing?
Well I have a good and strange news, the goods are that I found yesterday a shiny azelf, the stranges are that my shiny azelf is bashful natured like every pokemon I've SRed. The IV's are similar to the shinies with the personality "highly persistent" but not equal, and the others have "loves to eat" personality and have moderate and better IV's. What I suspect is that if a pokemon is shiny or not when you SR depends on the pokemon in your party, but there's also the factor that my diamond game probably has the RNG broken, but it only has happened in my game, has this happened in your games? because I find this really strange.

By the way, congratulations to: MetalMario(I know you really wanted that shiny Dialga and you deserve it), Infinite Heartles Core (Tangela looks great, and also shiny articuno), Dark steelix lv x ( it's a good machop, you'll get your numel soon), Lord Danswish ( good bidoof ), Storm Dragoon ( cool ponyta, and interesting spiritomb ), DDD'SSCEPTILE (that magikarp was a hard one), and comgratulations to any others shiny.

I think that's all for now. see you later guys.

PD: I'll upload azelf's picture soon.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow congrats DDD on the Magikarp, irony to the greatest degree. And Infinite on the Articuno (rare indeed since there's no way to abuse any rng to get this shiny!)

I'm having horrible unholy luck. Firstly the other day my Original DS falls and lands upsidedown. Sure enough the top screen is cracked badly, leaking black goop inside. Still works but the parts with the goo are ugly as sin and cover up the game (only the top left at least). Secondly yesterday my Street Fighter IV disc has a huge ring scratch caused by the 360 no less, and now stops working when certain characters are in play (eg. Akuma) Need to go waste money on renting a working copy from blockbuster to install it in the hardrive then I can use my scratched disc to run it. Damnit everything I have is getting damaged, where the hell is my shiny to make me feel better?

Years
I will NEVER abuse ANY RNG, EVER. Unless of course, I get a good Emerald file and can reset for the Regis and stuff. But that's without even seeing my SID. I'm hoping that Platinum isn't able to be abused for Soft Resetting... Hopefully it stays Egg-Strict.

So yeah, I'm raising up a NEW Sleep-Inducing Pokémon, because Parasect's Ability could possibly destroy a shiny Zapdos. Plus, it's weak to Moltres. So Hypno is a better Wall/Sleeper. (Sleeper! I made a funny!)

So that's it for now, and good luck to all.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Be positive Dark steelix, it was just accidents, the probabilities that they will happen again are minimal, Is it possible to fix the screen?, and don't worry, your shiny will appear soon.

Good luck with zapdos and moltres Infinite Heartless Core, hope your strategy works.

By the way, reading past posts I notice that I wasn't officially admitted as a member in the club, they only told me that I could be around until a
co-owner officially admits me, please let me know if I'm wrong or if I missed something, because I'm confused.

Good luck everyone in your huntings.

Last edited:
Years
Can I join? :D

I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
You must be using either the 1/1 RNG Glitch, or the 1/2,040 Foreign Parent addition.

I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, but you'll have to wait until a co-owner accepts you.

I really need to get a TinyMushroom/BigMushroom from a Paras/Parasect. This is gonna be tough.

Good luck, all.

Techeon

I Do Not Exist
Years
You must be using either the 1/1 RNG Glitch, or the 1/2,040 Foreign Parent addition.

I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, but you'll have to wait until a co-owner accepts you.

I really need to get a TinyMushroom/BigMushroom from a Paras/Parasect. This is gonna be tough.

Good luck, all.

No idea what the RNG glitch is, I'll have to look that up now.

The Bidoof was actually a fluke, I caught the thing in the wild walking to a Pokemon center after finishing with the Elite Four. My first non-hunted/hatched shiny since Crystal.

The other two I was doing the thing about foreign parents. I got a Japanese Absol and Umbreon. Only took about fifty eggs each though, hence my comment about having amazing luck so far.

Of course now I probably won't get another one for months. Heheh...

Thanks for the welcome, albeit unofficial, and good luck with the mushrooms, that can get frustrating.

Years
Be positive Dark steelix, it was just accidents, the probabilities that they will happen again are minimal, Is it possible to fix the screen?, and don't worry, your shiny will appear soon.

Good luck with zapdos and moltres Infinite Heartless Core, hope your strategy works.

By the way, reading past posts I notice that I wasn't officially admitted as a member in the club, they only told me that I could be around until a
co-owner officially admits me, please let me know if I'm wrong or if I missed something, because I'm confused.

Good luck everyone in your huntings.
Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

Welcome to the, uh, club? :P

I've got a shiny Bidoof, Eevee, and Absol so far. I've been having amazing luck with eggs in Platinum.
Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I will NEVER abuse ANY RNG, EVER. Unless of course, I get a good Emerald file and can reset for the Regis and stuff. But that's without even seeing my SID. I'm hoping that Platinum isn't able to be abused for Soft Resetting... Hopefully it stays Egg-Strict.

So yeah, I'm raising up a NEW Sleep-Inducing Pokémon, because Parasect's Ability could possibly destroy a shiny Zapdos. Plus, it's weak to Moltres. So Hypno is a better Wall/Sleeper. (Sleeper! I made a funny!)

So that's it for now, and good luck to all.

My respect for you is slowly inching back. :P Congrats on the Articuno and not straying to The Dark Side AKA RNG exploiters. xD

Hypno is a great choice

The other two I was doing the thing about foreign parents. I got a Japanese Absol and Umbreon. Only took about fifty eggs each though, hence my comment about having amazing luck so far.

Unlike my "egg chain" video where like 200 people tested it and the only soul who got a shiny was Mateus, ever since I posted the Foreign Egg Hatch / Junichi Masuda method video, someone has gotten a shiny Growlithe from a Japanese Arcanine, and now this guy says he has used it. :) clap clap clap lol!

Odd. I could've sword I'd admitted you. .__.

Welcome to the, uh, club? :P

Good work with the "egg chaining" xP And welcome to the club.

I wish my Skuorupi would shine. Though I've been at it for a while, my "count" is still technically zero because I'm only counting ones with a Jolly nature and multiplying by 25. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 30.

Pseudo-edit while typing: Shiny Rotom has appeared!! ^o^ Now filming & attempting to capture.

Edit: Caught. In another Dusk Ball. o__o (I tried using Luxurys, but then realized that Obama's snow *wasn't* going away as I had anticipated, so I threw a Dusk Ball and he was caught.)
Synchronize failed me (makes me feel a longing for my lost Timid Rotom), but I got a nature which is still usable--Quiet.

Congratulatios MM!! So this makes all of the SR targets re-obtained..?

My next target is neither Charmander or Latias, nor will it be chained.

It will be hatched, again, and hopefully twice.

I'm going to go with Eevee so I won't have to rely on nature since it can do a lot of things. I must try and accomplish this Masuda method for the sake of authority. Just hatching one shiny Eevee won't be enough. In order to prove to the people I will have to hatch 2 in order to convince and prove the increased odds.

So I'll be using a Smeargle as the father with my Japanese female Eevee. I'll be doing it on Pearl, since even though everything is on Platinum now, I still use Diamond quite a lot and want to keep it free for chaining.

That's another thing I want to look into after this, the Trainer ID Card Score. When I was training my Gyarados, I was being extremely destructive (no pun intended) on Route 208 chaining Machop to get attack EVs. I got to 20 within 4 max repels and I was taking extremely risky patches, I.E. 1 rare and 1 common.

I think I might've been just lucky and Machop might've been just a little too common, but I'll get to that later.

Thanks everyone on the congratulations, I can't believe I have my shiny Magikarp/Gyarados now, and it's even more unbelievable that I have hatched 3 shinies with the original odds.

Something I'd like to know is .. has the Masuda method been in the games since RSE...?

And did we not know of it since it was much harder to get Pokemon from foreign games..?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Good luck everyone

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
ShinyArticunoDescription-1.jpg

Can you please tell me what "epic win" is?
Spoiler:

Epic win is what you just accomplished. Congratulations. :D

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Azelf.

Welcome to the club, Techeon.

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Rotom. :D

I just have one question, does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) of your own, or does it have to be One (1) Foreign and One (1) Foreign? Just trying to verify, cause I'm using One (1) Foreign and One (1) of my own...

Well, good luck to all.

Back