• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

creativvvvvvvvvve

droomph

weeb
Years
Do you create on a schedule or do you just go with the flow?

I find that I tend to create something quicker when I want to, not when I'm prompted to. For example, I was prompted to write an essay on this past Friday, and nothing came out for the whole 45 minutes I was supposed to sit there. But then I just started writing today because I came in passionate about the topic (somehow :P), and I finished in about 15 minutes. I work best when I'm very passionate about something.

So what about youuuuu????

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Something like that just happened to me today while I was on my break between classes. I was yet to finish my History paper, and I had about 30 min left. I was able to finish it a lot quicker at school because I did the paper in a quieter area (aka teh librarie). I couldn't finish it at home because I was primarily distracted. It actually depends on the environment you're in. I just go with the flow myself, but I'd rather be in a comfortable environment in order to get my things done.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Normally, I just go with the flow of the day, I don't like making schedules, especially when I can't stick to them.

..... my only exception, on my cell phone I have to add reminders with ringtones when ever I have doctor appointments or other important stuff I can't miss. I set up them up to remind me one day before.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
When I'm inder pressure, I don't think I work as well as I'd normally would if I were in a relaxed environment. Which is probably natural and how most people would work I suppose. In exams, I'd work well, but in a classroom assessment, I'd work better. I think for me, it's mostly about the environment - as Megan mentioned. Althought, I can't work in a high tension, silent environment, which in the long run won't come in my favour since I've still got a heck of a lot of exams to complete to get where I want to be in life. u.u But I think over time I'll adapt!

Years
I'm actually better under pressure when I have a schedule, but I just can't seem to get myself to stick to schedules on my own unless someone or something else forces me to (like school, work, etc.). Well, I say better, but it's not always as pleasant as going with the flow. I do get more done though, and for me that's the kind of result I want.

Argenta

Soul
Years
Tbh,i don't like planning..it makes me uncomfortable so i leave things happen as it rains...i do plan sometimes,yeah,but just for important things that needs a plan..other than that i love surprises ;)

Years
I've never been creative on demand, it's just never been something I've been able to do. I've been able to come up with a few ideas but they've never been good and I've always wished I'd thought of something better afterwards. I usually combat it by having one creative period and then stretching that as far as I can.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I try. I try so hard. But procrastination is a part of my existence, and without it, I cease to exist.

When I was younger, I used to make schedules. Actual schedules. There would be a game time, a study time, a tv time. Then, about 5 minutes after I made it, I realized that today (back then) wasn't game day. So I changed things around, and it collapsed from there. =P

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
As far as creative stuff, no, it's pretty tough to work if I HAVE to do it. My best ideas just come and go randomly, so if I get an idea for a story or a picture, I have to do it right away or else the inspiration will be gone, and thinking too hard doesn't really result in quality stuff. If someone tells me to write something it just gets harder, but it also depends on the subject I'm being asked to write about.

I don't make my own schedules, for creating or otherwise. I leave that to my mom :P

Years
I can sometimes. NaNoWriMo, for instance. There I get a shiny update bar, so there's incentive to create on demand.

Otherwise I prefer taking my time. I hate being rushed if there's no reward for me.

As for school, I did stuff right before it was due. :p

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I try to create on a schedule, oh how I try. Just recently I've been working on something (which killed my PC activity haha) that I put three days aside for. I had a whole heap of ideas and got really excited about it but the pressure I put on it just made me shut down and nearly three weeks later I've only just now finally finished it lol. Oh dear.

I spent most of those weeks playing New Super Mario Bros 2 on my 3DS instead lmao.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I can't force myself to be creative. If I'm say, writing something or coming up with an idea for a signature, I have to work on it when ideas come to me. If I try tosit down at a set time to come up with something, it may come, but more often than not I'm just sitting there wracking my brain. But oddly enough most of my inspiration comes at night, so I can somewhat count on my creative juices flowing after dark, if they do at all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I work a lot better when I'm on a schedule but... only sometimes? Like, I don't consider anything I do for school to be overly creative because I'm usually working under strict guidelines. I'll do essays or (previously) artwork to a specification no problem--and I'll get it done on time too--but when it comes to my own stuff where I have true freedom, I'll usually get started on something and never finish because there's no impending doom as incentive.

So I can really only complete things if I have a grade or money on the line or something, but I don't consider those things as creative as other projects (which I simply don't finish), if that makes sense.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im not that creative a person, but I go with it when I get inspiration, which rarely happens so when I get inspiration, I feel I have to take advantage and make something good, what ever it may be.

Back