• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is very possible for Ash to catch another electric type and then trade it to Chespin, but I don't see that happening. But it would be a curve ball.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
The newest episode aired, and not even one appearance of Fletchling. Fletchling will never evolve, the OP and ED are a fraud, as no more episodes between the newest episode and the movie release, and it's highly improbable for Fletchling to evolve during the movie. Fletchling is a Fletchling for the entire series! W00t! W00t! Long live the Fletchling!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The newest episode aired, and not even one appearance of Fletchling. Fletchling will never evolve, the OP and ED are a fraud, as no more episodes between the newest episode and the movie release, and it's highly improbable for Fletchling to evolve during the movie. Fletchling is a Fletchling for the entire series! W00t! W00t! Long live the Fletchling!

The Movies DO NOT FOLLOW THE ANIME'S TIME LINE! NONE OF THE MOVIES HAVE EVER COINCIDE PERFECTLY WITH THE ANIME. There has always been a small gap with Anime and Movie to the point that Movies, until an episode where Ash met the Mirage Master, were not Canon.

Movies show spoilers. They always do. The opening and endings however are tied to the anime. The events of them are spoilers to the anime and always contain spoilers. The entire B/W's first season you could tell what Pokemon Ash was going to see because they were blacked out in the intro and after they were met they appeared in full color.

When the endings to B/W started showing Ash with more Pokemon, Ash caught/evolved his Pokemon to reflect this. ASH'S FLETCHLING WILL EVOLVE INTO FLECHINDER. Whether it happens before or after the Movie DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

If my memory is correct, when BW showed Krookodile and Pignite for Ash, it took around 10 episodes since they started using the ending before one of them appeared with Ash. Leavanny as well. Just because its shown now DOES NOT MEAN it'll happen immediately. There is STILL a lot of time for this to happen. It may not happen until the Grass Gym.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Dog doesn't have red & black stripes with them. Just like I said , Arcanine is a Tiger with personality of a Dog .Luxrey act like Dog as well but are you call them Dog ?
Also , Paul's main Pokemon was Torterra but it didn't stop Ash's Turtwig to evolve all the way to Torterra .And there were a lot people like you believe Turtwig will not evolve .
So There no point in stopping Ash for getting a Pyroar just because Lysendre has one.
Furthermore , No other villainous boss accept Giovanni & J reveal their Pokemon ! All they did was giving order !
Believe me , I have waiting for a simple villainous ark where Ash save the world by beating the Boss of the Evil team .
Plus , Lysandre's main pokemon is obviously his Mega Gyarados ! Just because his hair is like Pyroar's mane doesn't mean Pyroar going to be his main Pokemon.
Also , 2 bird in the main team make Ash's kalo team boring ! I believe a team with 6 Totally different Pokemon is more creative & Interesting .
Plus its unfair is Prof Sycamore doesn't get any Pokemon from Ash.
Dawn got Cydaquill during HGSS release But the Anime can't do that will Serena & Clemont since May & Brock got Torchic & Mudkip so it become a little boring.
But the Anime can give Ash a Gen III Pokemon for megevolution . He didn't caught a 6th pokemon during Hoenn.
Off course , People interest will die out after Ash catchs his 5th Pokemon in Kalo & rating will drop ever more.
By the way , None of us ever discuss about the Move Ash & Other's pokemon will have .
Evolution/Capture/Release thread are for discussing Move at Bulbagarden & Serebii.
I think
Hawlucha should have-
-Stone Edge
-Acrobatic
-Power up punch/Steel Wing
-High jump Kick.
Luxray has a feline design you can clearly imagine it being a cat Pokémon, also it's japanese name has the word Tora which means Tiger in japanese.
Having red and black stripes doesn't make Arcanine automatically a tiger or any other feline animal. Just because there aren't red and black striped dogs in the real world, it doesn't mean that there aren't in the Pokémon world, it's called imagination. It looks like a dog and acts like one so it is a Dog.

Torterra evolving was nice but I think Infernape stole his spotlight as Ash's main starter Pokémon, and made him boring. Also Ash and Paul are Rivals, if Lysandre appears in the anime (very possible) they will be enemies, I just think it would give Lysandre's Pyroar more uniqueness and a more badass villanous Pokémon if he has one and Ash not.

In the games Giovannis signature Pokémon is Rhydon/Rhyperior while in the anime it is Persian. They still could ignore Mga Gyarados and focus more on Pyroar in the anime. But still I agree that Pyroar doesn't need to be Lysandre's Main Pokémon, but that he looks like designed for him, I don't think you can argue that.
But to think of it Ash could catch a female Litleo, or just let it be in his basic stage.
I also was disapointed when I found out Ash get's a Hawlucha since he got Fletching, and most likely will evolve it to Talonflame. But I think they wanted Ash to have a strong Figting type, and maybe they don't want Ash to evolve Froakie at all which could mean that Pangram would never have evolved to Pangoro if Ash catched one. (Since the other Dark types are Inkar and Malamar, which are in the evil side and the other is a Legendary Pokémon).

If Syncamore doesn't get any Pokémon from Ash, then the next Professor also will not get any either, he gave Ash a Pokedex but it doesn't mean he should get any Pokémon from him.

For me Mega-evolution isn't a reason for Ash getting an old Pokémon, only Riolu or Lucario but even they are vague possibilities.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
The Movies DO NOT FOLLOW THE ANIME'S TIME LINE! NONE OF THE MOVIES HAVE EVER COINCIDE PERFECTLY WITH THE ANIME. There has always been a small gap with Anime and Movie to the point that Movies, until an episode where Ash met the Mirage Master, were not Canon.

Movies show spoilers. They always do. The opening and endings however are tied to the anime. The events of them are spoilers to the anime and always contain spoilers. The entire B/W's first season you could tell what Pokemon Ash was going to see because they were blacked out in the intro and after they were met they appeared in full color.

When the endings to B/W started showing Ash with more Pokemon, Ash caught/evolved his Pokemon to reflect this. ASH'S FLETCHLING WILL EVOLVE INTO FLECHINDER. Whether it happens before or after the Movie DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

If my memory is correct, when BW showed Krookodile and Pignite for Ash, it took around 10 episodes since they started using the ending before one of them appeared with Ash. Leavanny as well. Just because its shown now DOES NOT MEAN it'll happen immediately. There is STILL a lot of time for this to happen. It may not happen until the Grass Gym.

I DON"T GIVE A (*LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE*)! Either it remains a Fletchling for the entire series, or it will cause a GINORMOUS PLOTHOLE! Unfezant and Pignite evolved from their respective previous forms before the 15th movie was released. Fletchling is still a Fletchling, and no more episodes will air before the new movie. Therefore, evolution is not gonna happen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Everyone super hype about Fletchling evolving & Beating Talonflame that they haven't seen the real danger to it.
If Fletchling evolve and beat Talonflame them it would the Writer/Director Publicly announcing That Ash's Fletchinder won't evolving any further meaning Ash will not have Talonflame .
Ash won't Have Lucario , Ash won't Process Megevolution , Ash will not win the League , Ash will not get Talonflame .
Is there anything to look forward too ???
Atleast , We could hoped the bird to fully evolve but Writer/Director killing that possibility as well.
Da journey sucked because it has nothing to look forward yet Writers still haven't learned their lesson.
''Slice of life'' Need splendid humor and Dynamic Character interaction .
Which current series do not have ! Even Original series had better Humor & Dynamic Character interaction.
If this series kill everything to look forward to then this series lose audience right after Ash catch his fifth & final Pokemon in Kalo.

Luxray has a feline design you can clearly imagine it being a cat Pokémon, also it's japanese name has the word Tora which means Tiger in japanese.
Having red and black stripes doesn't make Arcanine automatically a tiger or any other feline animal. Just because there aren't red and black striped dogs in the real world, it doesn't mean that there aren't in the Pokémon world, it's called imagination. It looks like a dog and acts like one so it is a Dog.

But Luxray act like a Dog despite being a Cat , Doesn't it !
Just like Arcanine that look like a giant Tiger but act like Dog.
Just like I said , Arcanine is big cat/Tiger that act like Dog . Just like Luxray .

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
How does Fletchling evolving into Fletchinder and beating Talonflame mean it won't evolve any further? I fail to see the logic in that. Ash has never had a regional bird that didn't evolve all the way. Although it was right before Ash released it even Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot. I feel like this isn't a trend that they will be breaking.

And we can still look forward to many many other things if you just chill out and stop being so hung off over certain things.

Also, while Arcanine is admittedly based on something that is inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs it's anatomy is more like a dog's than a cat's. It also evolves from the puppy Pokemon and no one in their right mind would have a puppy pokemon evolve into a tiger Pokemon.

In other news, there was apparently a "leak" earlier this week somewhere that mentioned "Serena's Pancham". They later removed her name so it's just read "Pancham" but what do you guys think? I fail at finding sources but I'll try later on if I have to. But it can lead to some good speculation regardless I believe.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Everyone super hype about Fletchling evolving & Beating Talonflame that they haven't seen the real danger to it.
If Fletchling evolve and beat Talonflame them it would the Writer/Director Publicly announcing That Ash's Fletchinder won't evolving any further meaning Ash will not have Talonflame .
Ash won't Have Lucario , Ash won't Process Megevolution , Ash will not win the League , Ash will not get Talonflame .
Is there anything to look forward too ???
Atleast , We could hoped the bird to fully evolve but Writer/Director killing that possibility as well.
Da journey sucked because it has nothing to look forward yet Writers still haven't learned their lesson.
''Slice of life'' Need splendid humor and Dynamic Character interaction .
Which current series do not have ! Even Original series had better Humor & Dynamic Character interaction.
If this series kill everything to look forward to then this series lose audience right after Ash catch his fifth & final Pokemon in Kalo.

But Luxray act like a Dog despite being a Cat , Doesn't it !
Just like Arcanine that look like a giant Tiger but act like Dog.
Just like I said , Arcanine is big cat/Tiger that act like Dog . Just like Luxray .
I don't see Arcanine as a cat at all. It really looks 100% dog to me.

Also it's true that Luxray has some dog traits, but it has also some feline traits, Lux is similiar to Lynx too, which Luxray maybe based of.

And I don't see the reason why Fletching evolving to Fletchinder is proof that it will not evolve to Talonflame. It looks more the other way don't you think? It needs to evolve to Fletchinder to evolve to his final stage. Beating a Talonflame isn't a reason to not evolve either. But I don't know in with episode it did/will do, so I can't say much of it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
How does Fletchling evolving into Fletchinder and beating Talonflame mean it won't evolve any further? I fail to see the logic in that. Ash has never had a regional bird that didn't evolve all the way. Although it was right before Ash released it even Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot. I feel like this isn't a trend that they will be breaking.

And we can still look forward to many many other things if you just chill out and stop being so hung off over certain things.

Also, while Arcanine is admittedly based on something that is inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs it's anatomy is more like a dog's than a cat's. It also evolves from the puppy Pokemon and no one in their right mind would have a puppy pokemon evolve into a tiger Pokemon.

In other news, there was apparently a "leak" earlier this week somewhere that mentioned "Serena's Pancham". They later removed her name so it's just read "Pancham" but what do you guys think? I fail at finding sources but I'll try later on if I have to. But it can lead to some good speculation regardless I believe.

As the others have said, I find Arcanine 100% dog. Yes the color are similar, but that is all. It evolves from a puppy pokemon and then as canine in its name which is another term for dog. It reminds me of a wolf more than anything. Also note that dogs are also part of what it is based on. Which is also based on the Haetae which is a dog with traits of a tiger.

As for Serena's Pancham. That is hard to see to be honest. Although I guess it would match a little bit, but why didn't see catch it when Pancham and Pangoro were the main characters? Unless they go to Lumious again and one shows up.

Also, after thinking about it a while, I am almost 100% sure Ash will catch a Skiddo before he faces the 5th gym. If I remember correctly, there are a few Skiddo that were abandoned in Lumious City and Ash had a habbit of picking those type of pokemon up. So I think he will get a Skiddo in Lumious. Would be a nice counter against electric types. Which would be a good thing becuase all of his pokemon are weak to electric other than Pika.

Will it evolve? Possibly not because there is a Gym Leader with a Gogoat and whats-her-name has one, but again it is very possible. We need to wait to see how they handle the Korrina's Hawlucha.

Also, Grant mentions that the 3rd gym will be a totally different type of battle that he is use to. This might just be because they might have to skate. But it might also mean that Megas will be used.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I DON"T GIVE A (*LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE*)! Either it remains a Fletchling for the entire series, or it will cause a GINORMOUS PLOTHOLE! Unfezant and Pignite evolved from their respective previous forms before the 15th movie was released. Fletchling is still a Fletchling, and no more episodes will air before the new movie. Therefore, evolution is not gonna happen.

Now you can shut up. It evolves in the Sky Battle episode.

Disclaimer: I really want to thank the person who posted the video in another thread...Name shall be withheld for now though.

Years

Now you can shut up. It evolves in the Sky Battle episode.

Disclaimer: I really want to thank the person who posted the video in another thread...Name shall be withheld for now though.

I have to admit I watched this and I could definitely tell Fletchling was going to evolve. Pretty much spoiled by a preview. I was surprised that with the movie coming up we thought its evolution wasn't going to air before the movie's release, but now we know.

Still, nice to see Talonflame is going to make its debut as well. As for what was mentioned earlier by Sora, Ash's birds always fully evolve so I'm sure in due time it'll eventually make it to Talonflame.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

You know the rule-
Any Pokemon that defect its higher evolutionary form will not evolve any further because it already prove itself to be stronger then its higher evolutionary form .
Its one of unspoken rule of Pokemon.
Every pokemon that beaten its evolutionary form (Buizel , Pipup , Pikachu , Pignite and many more) didn't evolved any further .
As for Pancham.
Considering Pokemon Anime to be Marketing tool , Isn't it obvious that Somebody from the main cast will receive a Pancham considering it to be a Marketable Pokemon.
What Piss me off that there is no news about Ash catching a Meowstic since it also a highly Marketable Pokemon and Ash doesn't have a psychic type.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
But we do not know if Flechider will win. We have seen a few times in the past, when Ash's pokemon evolves, it does not always mean it will win.

As for Meowstic, I just don't think it would match Ash. It would be more of a match for Serena. Althought I do wish Ash would catch of the the types he does not have. I was hoping he would catch a Duosion or whatever.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
But we do not know if Flechider will win. We have seen a few times in the past, when Ash's pokemon evolves, it does not always mean it will win.
^This. Also XY has already broken a trend or two and proven itself it be a bit different than the past generations so we won't know until the anime tells us.

But truth be told I think Flechinder will lose and Ash will send out Hawlucha to finish Talonflame off. Why? Because of the title. If Fletchinder was going to finish it off then it would have Talonflame vs Flechinder. But guess what? It isn't. It'll likely be the same as when he faced Viola (Pikachu vs Vivillon) and Grant (Pikachu vs Tyrunt). vOv

Also agree on Meowstic not being a very Ash like Pokemon. Still putting my bets on Skiddo and Bergmite if I had to choose. But if they do eventually give Serena a Pancham maybe, just maybe, Ash will get a Pokemon that has already been revealed.

Maybe.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

As for Meowstic, I just don't think it would match Ash. It would be more of a match for Serena. Althought I do wish Ash would catch of the the types he does not have. I was hoping he would catch a Duosion or whatever.

And Snivy & Leavanny doesn't fit Ash ether ! But he caught them anyway.
Seriously , There isn't rule about Pokemon fitting trainer after all.
I believe A female Meowstic could be the ''New Snivy'' of Ash's team.
Considering Espurr wasn't that emotionless and Snivy's Personality fit Female Meowstic.
Furthermore
A naughty & Prankster Gourgeist fit Ash much more a Skkido.
Considering Jessie Pumpkaboo can't never evolve without trade.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Ash's Kalos Snivy will be Hawlucha. I'm prety sure of that.

Also I would love to Ash catch a Tyrunt, and evolving it to Tyrantrum. But then I thought that Tyrantrum's first five letters are like Tyranitar. Maybe Ash finds a Tyrunt and has it unoficial, wandering a little with it and searching for a local with many secret fossil Pokémon which would be the Tyrunts homeplace making it a new filler-arc.

Pokémon I would like Ash to catch but I doubt are:

Litleo (Ash's Fletchling will evolve)
Pancham (Ash has already Hawlucha as his Fighting-type)
Honedge (I just think it is to awesome to be in Ash's team, maybe that's why the writers may not include it in the team at all)
Helioptile (Impossible since Pikachu needs to mantain his uniqueness as Ash's only electric-type).
Noibat (After Gible I doubt we see Ash catching a Dragon-type that soon).

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash's Kalos Snivy will be Hawlucha. I'm prety sure of that.

Also I would love to Ash catch a Tyrunt, and evolving it to Tyrantrum. But then I thought that Tyrantrum's first five letters are like Tyranitar. Maybe Ash finds a Tyrunt and has it unoficial, wandering a little with it and searching for a local with many secret fossil Pokémon which would be the Tyrunts homeplace making it a new filler-arc.

Pokémon I would like Ash to catch but I doubt are:

Litleo (Ash's Fletchling will evolve)
Pancham (Ash has already Hawlucha as his Fighting-type)
Honedge (I just think it is to awesome to be in Ash's team, maybe that's why the writers may not include it in the team at all)
Helioptile (Impossible since Pikachu needs to mantain his uniqueness as Ash's only electric-type).
Noibat (After Gible I doubt we see Ash catching a Dragon-type that soon).

Hawlucha is the sceptile Or Buizel of the group.
Hack , It practically Froakie's Clone.
Snivy was more like a sassy Tsundere ! If you ever saw a Meowstic (F) in Pokemon Amie then it will remind you of Ash's Snivy.
Also Ash catchs a bipedal Lizerd Pokemon in every Gen ! However , That Lizerd pokemon must share a reassembles with a T-Rex.
For example : Chramender , Totodile , Treeko & Gible who look like a chibi T-rex .
There is 3 kalo Pokemon like that-

-Tyrunt
-Goodra
-Helioptile

One of them will join Ash if the Anime doesn't break the tend . Question is , Which one will the Animator choose .

As for Honedge and its evolutionary like , WRITER SHOULD BE CAREFUL AROUND A WILD AEGISLESH !!!
Because Aegislesh can sense inmate qualities of Leadership and known to chose King.
So A wild Aegislesh's appearance decide if Ash has any qualities of Leadership in him.
If The Aegislesh doesn't get attracted then it might imply that Ash doesn't process any qualities of Leadership.
However , Writer can make a episode where Ash get lost in forest and meet a girl obsessed with Power . She tries to catch an Aegislesh that was belong to an Ancient King who saved the world However her Pokemon are outmatch by it.
Ash tries to help but Pikachu's Electro Ball get cut in half by Aegislesh and it lunch an attack on that Girl.
Ash shield her with his body But the Aegislesh stop it attack and take a good look at Ash. And then it touch one of Ash's Pokeball in it belt and self-capture itself.
Ash is surprise but he tries to see that girl's condition However instate of being greatful to him , She accuse Ash for stealing her Aegislesh and become a rival in the series.
But Ash could just catch an Aegislesh that can talk but often say humiliating & Sarcastic thing while pointing out others flaw (Mainly Ash's ) which cause other to get piss it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You know the rule-
Any Pokemon that defect its higher evolutionary form will not evolve any further because it already prove itself to be stronger then its higher evolutionary form .
Its one of unspoken rule of Pokemon.

I'm sorry but this has NEVER been a rule.

Ash's Gligar was in direct opposition from Paul's Gliscor and it evolved into Gliscor. Ash's Treecko fought against a Grovyle where I believe it lost but at the same time learned Bullet Seed. Ash's Grotle had a thing with Paul's Torterra and it still fully evolved.

The differences with Pikachu and Piplup, they didn't want to evolve and their trainers respected that. Ash won't use a thunder Stone on Pikachu and Dawn gave Piplup the Everstone so he would stop injuring himself while trying to stop his evolution.

But truth be told I think Flechinder will lose and Ash will send out Hawlucha to finish Talonflame off. Why? Because of the title. If Fletchinder was going to finish it off then it would have Talonflame vs Flechinder. But guess what? It isn't. It'll likely be the same as when he faced Viola (Pikachu vs Vivillon) and Grant (Pikachu vs Tyrunt). vOv

According to the trailer, Fletchling is watching Ash and Hawlucha fight against the Talonflame and gets inspired to fight when Hawlucha falls. I think the big set up is for Hawlucha and Fletchling tries to take up the reigns when Hawlucha falls in battle.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Game Logic says You can't switch Hawlucha into a Talonflame it would get OHKOed.

Other than that... Hawlucha is the only bird you need! HAWWWW!

Back