• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I was just wondering if when you download the starter kit, that when pressing on the button to start the game. An actual game comes on.

I do it and a message saying it encountered an error and had to be closed. Tell Microsoft about this problem etc? Is a game ment load or what?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I found a glitch. If you press the ACCEPT button during the black screen with Pokemon Starter Kit and Flameguru it will freeze.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I was just wondering if when you download the starter kit, that when pressing on the button to start the game. An actual game comes on.

I do it and a message saying it encountered an error and had to be closed. Tell Microsoft about this problem etc? Is a game ment load or what?

Umm...yes, a real game should come up. Do you have RPG Maker? Legal? What Windows do you have? Brain?

I found a glitch. If you press the ACCEPT button during the black screen with Pokemon Starter Kit and Flameguru it will freeze.

So don't press it? lol

Years
@ BlueEew:Yes a game should appear, and I don't know about contacting microsoft for this problem but maybe redownload rmxp? (Sorry if an answer has already been posted for this I am lagging >.<)

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, I found that bug too, uh, you should probably just get over it. Even if you do press it then all you have to do is restart the game, and I'm sure Poccil could fix it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version of Pokemon Essentials is now available.

Changes:

Implemented the hidden moves Waterfall, Dive, and Flash
Improved performance of redefined Tilemap class
Removed 386-species limit; now any number of species is possible
For demonstration, the Pokemon Spiritomb is included
Included metadata setting for running, surfing, and diving sprites

Added: RPGCache
Changed: PokemonMap
Changed: PokeBattle_Pokemon
Changed: PokemonDayCare
Changed: PokemonPokedex
Changed: PBExperience
Changed: AnimationSprite
Changed: Scene_Map
Changed: Pokegear
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: Walk/Run
Changed: Game_Map*
Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
Changed: PokemonTilesetEditor
Changed: PokeBattle_Trainer
Changed: SpriteResizer
Changed: BitmapCache
Changed: WindowAndTilemap
Changed: Compiler
Changed: Game_Player*
Changed: PokemonEvolution
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: Game_Character 1
Changed: SpriteWindow
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonBag
Changed: Scene_Intro

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
I think I'll upgrade Code Biohazard to use this version of the Starter Kit, as it has improved greatly :) Great work Poccil :)

Edit: Missing underwater tileset

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Say how can I update my project with that new release of you poccil? I dont wanna lose all the maps and events I made... O_o

I finally figured out how to make random battles. xD This pack is great.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
New2Ya, you could probably just copy the new PBS folder to your old project. I don't know about the scripts part of it though.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Say how can I update my project with that new release of you poccil? I dont wanna lose all the maps and events I made... O_o

I finally figured out how to make random battles. xD This pack is great.

Simple...well, maybe not. Here I go!

First, make a copy of your entire projects folder. Then go into your games Data Folder. Copy over all of the Map Files, MapInfos, and the Tilesets data files.

If you used any custom Tilesets or charsets or even pictures copy them over too, same for audio.

Then go into the merged project and make an event and make it control switches. Then copy all of your switches from your game to the merged project.

It's kind of confusing but it only takes 20 minutes max and it's what i have been doing this whole time ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Sorry, I forgot to add the underwater tileset to the ZIP file. I just did so; however, the missing file
can also be downloaded directly. The underwater autotile, too.

For the next release of Pokemon Essentials, I plan to support internationalization; that is, to make it easy to support translated versions of Pokemon games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thanks Flameguru!

Question: How do you start with "zero" items? My game starts with 50 items of every type of item.

Question 2: Referring to Q1, how do you add an item (plus amount) to the bag?

Thanks!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
New2Ya:

In the file notes.txt, there is this:
When the game is run from RPG Maker XP (which sets the $DEBUG global variable to true), the bag is
intentionally filled with 50 of each item at the beginning of the game.
It should be emphasized that that won't be the case if the game is run normally.

Also, to add more than one item at once, you can use something like this as a Script event command:

Code:
5.times do
  $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(
     PBItems::POKeBALL
  )
end

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To support Dive functionality, the game system uses the metadata setting DiveMap:

DiveMap - the underwater layer of this map. This setting is required if an area
contains deep patches in the water (tiles with terrain tag 5). The map must
have the same width and height as this map. Coordinates of this map
are associated with the same coordinates of the underwater map.
Multiple maps cannot refer to the same underwater layer.

Dive functionality will work on a tile if the tile's terrain tag is 5. The coordinates
of the map correspond with those of the underwater map, so the underwater walls
should have the same shape as the deep patches on the water's surface.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Ah thanks for that poccil. I get it now.

Last 2 question, and then I'm done:
1. How do I make sure the added Pokémon is MALE?
2. How can I start a WILD BATTLE with a certain Pokémon? (so not a trainer battle, nor a random encounter -> Kinda like battling Ho-Oh or something)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To start a wild Pokemon battle, use this script:
Code:
pbWildBattle(
PBSpecies::MEWTWO,70
)

It should normally appear as a conditional branch, since the player may lose that battle. However, the current version of that function doesn't indicate whether the player has won or lost. To add this functionality, add the line
Code:
return (decision!=2)
after line 98 of the script section PokemonField. Then you can make an event command like:

Code:
Conditional Branch:  Script:  pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::MEWTWO,70)
  Text:  Mewtwo went away...
Branch End

I already mentioned a way to set the gender of a Pokemon in this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
When I put music into a battle it doesn't loop. After it's done it goes back to the default battle theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back