• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Well, there's not really one... I don't like making puzzles lol. But I know I should be making some.... I don't know.. I also have no ideas for puzzles.... gahh!
Thanks for the comment buddy :)

Atomic Reactor

Oak Grove is the name of my home town, so why not put it into my game as the city I live in:)
Credits to WesleyFG for the buildings I edited, and BoomxBig for the pathway. Once I event this city... The second demo should be ready!
Oh, and the THC will be a place for you to do side missions. It will lead to different non story related events. Like legendary encounters and such!

oak.png

Atomic Reactor

Haha no, the layout would be impossible. But the name is the same :D

Atomic Reactor

At this point in the game, you finally get a more detailed of the specific plot haha. But still not completely clear. :)
asgsdfgsdg.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
Not sure why this hasn't had much attention. I think you've really got something here! Keep at it man, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version. :)

Atomic Reactor

Yeah I know right? Like I know it's not the best project around, or the most stunning, but I feel like it deserves a little more attention than it's getting lol. But whattya do. I'll just continue updating as long as I have interest in the project. Which I still have a lot of :D

Every comment means a lot to me, so thanks haha. And look out for the 2nd demo. It should be up within the next few months (sorry for such a sketchy prediciton haha)

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
As a general rule I don't play demos because I hate having to stop playing before the end haha. But yeah, this looks quality so do try to finish it!

(Hint: more boobs)

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Nope not yet, there is one demo available, and the 2nd one is very close to completeion. I just have to test the game, and add a few more side missions. Then the 2nd demo should be ready to play!

yusolaifdfer

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
pokemon may die ? well whenever i think it idk why but cubone's mother come in my mind hehe anyways downloading now!

Atomic Reactor

Yeah as of right now, I'm not sure that will even be implemented... I don't know enough about scripting, or have anyone that can script for me. So it may just be a story event :/

But someday I would like to implement that feature somehow.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Nice!

This game looks awesome! I especially like your map making and grapics. I would definately play this game! Keep up the good work!

Atomic Reactor

Ok so some big news here!

1) Kitsune Kouta has agreed to help me with any scripting quips that come my way. So basically, we now have a scripter. Lucky for him ,he won't have to much to do haha. He already did the main scripting thing I wanted for the game. Which I am very grateful for. This brings me to the second news.

2) Death! For those of you who have played the demo and talked to the second nurse in the pokecenters, she now has a purpose.
Kitsune has scripted the Death feature into the game. Now, whenever one of your pokemon faints, there is a small chance that it may actually die. Cannot be healed by items, or any other normal way. You can bring it to the other nurse, and for a small fee of $50,000, she will bring it back to life. So this will be making the game a tad more difficult (if your pokemon actually faint often...)
So again, thank you so much Kitsune for doing this. This will bring great things to the game... i guess? Not really... But it is one cool feature i think!

3) I will now be updating my twitter with info on the game, so if you would like to follow me and get updates about it then you can follow me. @JustinPW93
Be warned, it's my personal account. So I will tweet lyrics, ideas, thoughts, and sweet nothings to my girlfriend. So sorry if that nonsense will bother you. But I'll make sure to make worthwhile updates on there haha.

So yeah, I'll take some screenshots of the death system in action within the next few days :)

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
That sounds awesome, dude! It really will make it a challenge if your Pokemon faint often, then they start dying. D:

But how does that work? The greater the amount of faints, the higher the chance of death? Or is it just spontaneous/random?

Atomic Reactor

It will be a percentage. I'm not sure what it will be, But I'm thinking 15% or 20%. Or smaller haha. Cause if it's 20, then it would die 2 out of every 10 times haha

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I think if you want to use twitter for updates you should give the game it's own account. I wouldn't follow a personal account to get game news lol. I'll just get the info from the forum/DA lol.

Has the death feature been thought through? What happens if the player has one pokemon and it faints then dies? Game Over?

Atomic Reactor

I don't wanna go through the trouble of having 2 accounts. Like I said, if they can put up with my personal tweets, then great. If not, it's not a big deal if they don't follow me haha.

And yes it has Neo :) If you have one pokemon left, it is impossible to kill :) (faint yes, but not kill) I think me and Kitsune have thought of any bugs the system may have, and fixed them.

I actually thought of that last night at like midnight, and he fixed it haha

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah that's good. I was wondering what would happen - that was the first thing that popped into my head.
I had something else I wanted to suggest. I had this in my above post but I edited it out because it came across as negative, but it's not, it's just an idea.
I'm not a fan of paying 50,000 at a pokemon center that normally offers free "health care" for pokemon. Maybe have an item like a portable "defibrillator" that costs that price but can be used by the player anywhere from the bag menu on a pokemon.

Atomic Reactor

Only reason it cost money, is because they actually have to do surgey on the pokemon. Use donated organs and such to bring it back to life. So that's why it cost so much. And it is also suppose to encourage you more to not let them faint. Cause you won't want to pay 50,000 bucks haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back