• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] SOULBOND: A Twisted Kanto Journey [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
What is uuuup. Jeebus it's been a while since I've decided to do something on this site but lets get down to it eh?
I would very much like to reserve a spot in this playing of roles.

Spoiler:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You're reserved! Hope you don't go haitus on us! Anyhow, you're reserved up to the 8th!

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I'm sorry! I've been having a hard time doing my SU, so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to withdraw my reservation. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and I wish this RP the best.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've taken you off the roster. Maybe you can return some time!

Sky: It's nothing personal (especially since I don't really know you) I say this because you've come back from a seemingly long haitus.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
I've finally finished everything except my opening post but I'll have to finish that after I get home from work tomorrow. I am super tired right now so it's bedtime for meeee

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It looks good to me! You've got today and tomorrow to write the opening post, and you're good to go!

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Ah, I regret to inform you that I'm dropping out from this rp to join atlantis awakening. I'm just coming back and two roleplays I feel would be a bit much for me at this moment, sorry.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Hey, do you mind reserving me?

Character Name: Shawn Bonnie
Nickname: None.
Sex: Male

Appearance: Coming Soon

Personality: Coming Soon

History: Coming Soon

Pokémon: Luxio
Name: Fang
Sex: Male

Appearance: Coming Soon

Personality: Coming Soon​
Opening Post: Coming Soon

Password: Soul

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ah, I regret to inform you that I'm dropping out from this rp to join atlantis awakening. I'm just coming back and two roleplays I feel would be a bit much for me at this moment, sorry.
It's alright; if you ever decide you may have another chance, there'll probably be open spots!

Hey, do you mind reserving me?

Spoiler:
You're reserved until the 10th!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The Character limit is now gone, and with it, reservations! This means that all characters can be accepted once within proper quality and expectation, and are only removed at the user's request, due to inactivity, or when rules are broken (let's hope it never comes to that!)

Are you guys still here? Because once the IC goes up, activity will be expected.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, so far you're the only one with a finished character. I'm really hoping others join in, or else we might not make it to an IC Thread even!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Reserves are kinda pointless now, but I'll await your sign-ups nonetheless!

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
greninja.png

Pokemon: Greninja

Name: Yosuke

Appearance: Yosuke looks as most would expect a Greninja to look. The only difference in his appearance compared to most is the scar that runs along his left eye, sealing it shut from use. Although Serah attempted to bandage it for him, he refused.

Personality: Quiet and calculating, Yosuke is almost the complete, polar opposite of Serah. He always thinks things through before acting, realizing that brawn alone is not enough to solve problems. He is a bit withdrawn from other Pokemon, not willing to trust them right away until he is able to properly judge their power, ability, and cunning in battle. If one should befriend Yosuke, he will stand by them even in the most dangerous times. Yosuke is extremely protective of Serah, and will not hesitate to strike against anyone who means to harm her.

9022dc2e-878e-4a73-83d7-e164c7a5e67f_zps90e257db.png

Name: Serah Maxwell

Nickname: None

Appearance: Serah stands at about 5'6" with a somewhat slender body build. Her skin complexion is fair, being not too pale nor too tan. She has long, sandy-blonde hair that she usually keeps pulled back into two pigtails which reach about the middle of her back in length. Serah's eyes are a dark, emerald green.

In terms of clothing, Serah has a style that makes her look more rebellious than most girls her age. She is usually most comfortable in her favorite black tank top, which exposes a bit of her midriff just below her belly button. Over this tank top she usually wears an old, blue denim jacket that has long since had its sleeves cut off. A pair of black fingerless gloves are worn on her hands which extend up to her forearms, and a pair of rather worn denim shorts are worn on her legs. Serah wears a pair of black boots with purple laces on feet. A black bandanna is always worn in her hair, leaving only some stray bangs poking out in the front and her pigtails exposed in the back. A pair of dark purple goggles rest on top of the bandanna. A black choker always adorns her neck with star shaped earrings in her ears. Her dark green, duffle-style travel bag is always by her side.

Personality: Stubborn and rebellious, Serah seems to have a short fuse... something has landed her in trouble on more than one occasion in her life. She seems a bit restless and more than ready to fight, whether she is the one who starts one or not. Serah is one to speak her mind, regardless of who it might offend. She is often one to act without thinking, preferring to approach her problems with a brawn over brains solution. When interacting with others, Serah is cautious to not let anyone truly get to know her too well. Previous exchanges with others her age have caused her to be slightly on edge, as if she thinks that people will have made up their mind about her shortly after their meeting. She hates relying on others, feeling that it will make her come off as a weaker person.

History: Serah was born and raised in Saffron City. She was born an only child into a family that was not quite as fortunate as others, something which stressed both her parents because there was barely enough money going around to feed the two of them as it was before they had a child. Things were always tense for Serah as a child. Her parents were constantly fighting about almost anything. Her father was a heavy alcoholic, and as one might expect her turned that anger upon the girl and her mother. By the time the child was six years old, her mother had finally had enough and she simply abandoned the man, taking off with Serah to find something better for them in life than the current situation to live with.

The two eventually left Saffron City, making their way to live in Celadon City instead. Money was still scarce, but things seemed to be going better for the two. They were happier, and in Serah's mother's eyes, that was what most important in life. Things looked like they were finally going to take a turn for the better... or at least, that's what Serah had hoped for.

Unfortunately, things did not go just as easy as that. During her early school years, Serah found herself having a hard time fitting in. She was constantly the target of being picked on and bullied by other kids her age. The often made fun of her looks, her social standing, the fact that she did not have a father, her clothes, or just about anything else they could find to give her a hard time about. Serah tried to rise above it, at least for her mother's sake, but she found the task of doing so becoming harder and harder with each passing day. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before the girl had finally had enough.

One day, when she was ten years old, a girl Serah's age decided to make fun of her fatherless situation once again. After putting up with so much teasing and the like over the years, the child finally snapped and punched the girl as hard as she could in nose. This gave the bullying girl a rather nasty nosebleed and landed young Serah in some pretty hot water. The school she attended had a very strict no violence policy, and she was sent home for the remainder of the week because of her actions. As she expected, she was scolded and punished by her mother, spending the rest of her evening with no dinner and in her room. However, as Serah had had time to think about it, the girl realized something... Punching that girl had felt... good. In fact, it made her feel happier than she had in a long time. It was that night that Serah had come to a decision. If everyone was going to constantly try to keep her down, then maybe it was time to give them something to be afraid of instead.

Serah slowly gained herself quite a nasty reputation over the next two years. She was constantly ducking out of school, getting into fights, and had even had a run in with the law on more than one occasion. Needless to say, Serah's actions were worrying her mother to death. The woman had no idea how she could help her child and whatever had put her on this path she was walking... That was until she had heard about the Soulbonding experience down in Fuchsia City. Serah's mother had never had a chance to experience it herself when she was a child, but perhaps having a Pokemon friend for life would have been just what the girl needed to turn her life around. The woman took some of the money she had been putting aside for an emergency, and took her child to Fuchsia City as soon as she could.

Serah was not exactly against the whole idea of this. That said, she was a little skeptical of how the whole thing worked. After all, it did not seem like a bright idea to her to let kids just wander into a dark forest on their own, not emerging until they had found a Pokemon that would essentially be with them the rest of their life. Still, her mother gave her little room to argue. So, Serah went into the forest to undergo the Soulbond. The girl lost track of just how long she had been in there, but sometime later the girl did emerge, with a small Froakie hopping behind her. She would later give the name "Yosuke" to the little frog.

Time moved on, and Serah found herself bonding with Yosuke quite well. As the two grew up, Serah was constantly spending most of her free time with the Pokemon. A somewhat positive change took place in the girl. She had began to attend school a bit more regularly and she did not get into fights quite as often. Still, despite this Serah still had a bad reputation about her... and one group of students had decided to use this to their advantage.

These students had managed to get a hold of one of the teacher's answer keys to a test. They decided it would have been a hilarious prank to plant the key in Serah's belongings, and then worked to set her up as the most likely target to steal them, something that was not very difficult given her reputation. Everything went just as they planned, and Serah found herself on the defensive, trying to prove that she did not take the key to this test. Needless to say, not one member of the faculty believed her. Losing her cool, Serah found herself snapping at the closest person... which just happened to be the principal. He did not take kindly to this, expelling Serah from the school shortly after.

Her mother could not take anymore. Despite her daughter's claims, she accused her of being just another worthless, violent thug like her father, who would probably end up in the same ship he was in when they had left him. Hearing her mother of all people accuse her of such things like everyone else around was the last straw that Serah could take. That night, she took what things might have been most important to her and left the place she called home, vowing not to return until she could prove everyone wrong, and she was not just another violent thug. Yosuke faithfully stood by her side.

As the duo made their way out of Celadon City, Serah noticed a flyer hanging on the wall of a building. It detailed the rise of a group known as Team Rocket, how they were quickly becoming a threatening menace to society and needed to be dealt with before it was too late. A small smile graced the teen's lips. This would be just the thing she needed to prove everyone wrong.

Opening Post: Serah stepped off the bus that she and Yosuke had rode into Fuchsia City. Night had fallen, and a light rain fell from the sky. The blonde girl looked around at the city. It had been sometime since she had visited. Serah had almost forgotten just how calming and peaceful it was.Reaching into her pocket, the blonde pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. As the stick lit, Serah took a long inhale and then puffed the smoke out, looking over at Yosuke quietly.

"Well... this is it, Yosuke..." Serah said to her partner. A small smirk graced her lips. "I dunno 'bout you, but I'm starting to feel a bit pumped!"

Serah slammed her left fist into her right palm for emphasis. The Greninja noticed this, rolling his eyes at the sight and crossing his arms across his chest. Serah seemed to quickly pick up on what the frog Pokemon was thinking and sighed.

"Don't give me that look, Yosuke," the blonde replied, looking ahead at the city. "You know what we're signing up for here. Those Rocket punks need an ass kicking. You and I are just the two to be able to give it to 'em too. And once we're done wiping the floor with 'em, everyone will finally know that I'm not just some punk looking for fights and trying to start trouble!"

Yosuke nodded at Serah's speech, but still felt a bit of apprehension in his chest. The Pokemon was wondering if Serah had actually taken a moment to think this whole situation through, and for good reason. It was not as if Serah was going to have a rumble behind the bleachers with a kid who was making fun of her or something like that. His human partner could very well die from what she was about to get into. Still, if this is what Serah wanted to do, then who was he to argue. He would do his duty, protect and fight along side of her... keep her safe.

Taking another puff of her cigarette, Serah nodded and slowly began to walk. "Well, let's get out of this rain. We need to meet that Janine girl at the Fuchsia City gym... It's not gonna make a good impression if we're late."

Yosuke nodded in response and followed behind the girl. For better or worse, there was no turning back now.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@waning: This sign-up, it's... Rather all over the place.

Why the blue tag? It literally just happens out of nowhere, with no real explanation or reason behind it. Why does she act so bizarre? It's another thing that just seems to happen, with no real rhyme or reason. Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason? I can't see any reason for nearly anything going on with this character, and while it has potential, it falls short when nothing is there to back it up or solidify it. No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon. The Forest of Souls is an unusual place. While it's easy to get lost in it, it takes very little time to find the bond. Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest. It's literally walking through a fog-filled and tree-dense forest to find your bond, and then leave. It should take as little as a few minutes to as long as about an hour. The opening post seems far too short and disorganized. Self-explanatory.

Analysis: This sheet needs a lot of work. If you want my personal opinion, you may want to start from scratch and make a new character. That said, you have a lot of potential with the idea of an Espurr that has difficulty controlling its powers. That may be something you could re-implement in a new character. I have to say your sheet is declined, though I hope you do not give up, and try to come up with something even better.

On a small note, you can have me look over a sheet before you work on the opening post, that way I can let you know if you're headed in the right direction or not.

@Alby: Really, just one thing.

Personality is too short. I'd like to see a little more on Serah's personality and interaction with others.

Analysis: Pretty good character, actually! Just span out the personality a bit more and I'll accept it. Also, Soulbonds can speak telepathically. Oh, and no smoking in the gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back