• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other languages do you speak?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
My main language is Dutch and living in a trilingual country, I'm supposed to know French and German. My French is decent (I read my manga in French) but my German is reduced to understanding written language (that's what happens when you don't keep practicing).

I also studied Latin. Thanks to watching so many anime, I've managed to pick up a few words in Japanese (including katakana, hiragana and some kanji). I wouldn't mind actually studying the language. Seems like fun studying something that doesn't use the roman script.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
English is my first language. I know quite a bit of Spanish and Japanese but I am far from fluent in either language. ^^; I would like to continue to study Japanese but I don't really have the time right now to focus on it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I took five years of French in high school, so I used to be pretty fluent in that (though not fluent fluent as in "is French", just fluent for what a natural talent and five years of education can provide). Other than that, just plain ol' English for me!

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I speak Tagalog (Filipino Language) in real life. And a little bit of waray (Filipino Native Language). I can speak fluently in english although I don't have any accent in speaking it. xD I can also understand a bit of spanish. THANK YOU DORA, MUAH MUAH

Chatot Lover

happy
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I speak English and German fluently. I prefer English, though.

Also, I took French for 4 years and Spanish for 3 years in class. I love learning new languages.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
English is my first language and I took three years of Spanish in high school, so I'm semi-fluent in that. That's about it, though. :P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I speak Danish and English fluently. Danish is kinda obvious, considering it's my native language, and as I haven't ever lived in any other country, it's not really something you just forget :p English has been a mandatory subject in school for about 6 years now, although most of it has been self-taught through books, movies and the internet obv.

I also know some German, since it's also a subject at school, although not mandatory. Can't say it's really a language I enjoy learning though :/

Years
I'm from Singapore, and it's compulsory in school to learn both English and Chinese (which is my mother tongue). I can also speak Cantonese, Hokkien and a bit of Japanese too.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm bilingual, English & Spanish are both in my tounge. Sometimes, I mix up English & Spanish words in the same sentence, like "Hey Eddie, you quiero ir al classroom, because I forgot my cuaderno."

i'm also in the process of learning a third language: Italian. Been learning it on and off for three years, and I can't say I'm proficient yet. lol

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
At the moment, I'd have to call myself monolingual; the only language I can speak full sentences in is English. I did a year of Italian in 2012 and attended extra-curricular Italian classes from 2005-2007, but I have a nasty tendency to forget everything very soon after ceasing learning a language. I'm planning on attempting to teach myself French or Japanese; I have a lot of spare time on my hands so I'm sure I'd be somewhat capable at doing so :P

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Well as of now I can speak fluent English. I can also speak a small bit of French which I learned in Secondary School(High School) and I can also speak Gaeilge quite a bit which is my countries national language although hardly anyone speaks it any more.

Years
Fluent in English and Russian. Also know bits and pieces of French from having taken two (soon three) semesters of the course. Looking into learning Japanese sometime too, so that'll be fun!

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
well being a Filipino, I can speak Filipino...I can also speak a few japanese because of anime (yeah...) and I also have a good handle on a few french words, and I can speak and understand spanish surprisingly well.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Apart from English, I'm not fluent in any language. I have enough French and Japanese experience in order to get by should I go to Japan or a French-speaking country, but they're both very rusty.

Back