• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Move

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd say my favorite moves are Leaf Blade and Close Combat for their in-game animations. Close Combat is also powerful and reliable, though the defense drops and low PP kinda hurt.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
I gotta say... SPLASH!!!

Cause it's brutal, and all hail almighty Magikerps >:)

Hehe just trolling, gotta say Night Slash or Hex (after wil o wisp/toxic). Cant decide :(

Splash is pretty brutal tho... ;)

Years
Psystrike's X and Y animation just blows me away every time I see it, that has to be my favorite simply based off looks. Usage wise, Thunderbolt is powerful, accurate, and a large number of Pokemon can use it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Tie, really.

Transform~any move is viable with this!

Judment~any type I want it to be. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Psystrike's X and Y animation just blows me away every time I see it, that has to be my favorite simply based off looks. Usage wise, Thunderbolt is powerful, accurate, and a large number of Pokemon can use it.

I've yet to see Psystrike's XY animation, sadly. Though, I definitely believe you on how it looks; it must be good! Competitively, though, I simply love this move; I don't think any Pokémon could learn it aside from Mewtwo (or am I confusing it with Psyshock?), but one thing that makes it stand out from other special-based attacks is that this one actually deals damage to your foe's physical Defense stat, which is quite a huge deal. Chansey, Blissey, and other Pokémon of the like would be able to block you quite easily, but if with Psystrike in your arsenal, you're able to get past them without much hassle at all.

Years
My top 3 would be Sky Attack (seeing Moltres using it in Pokémon Stadium sealed the deal on that one for me haha), Aurora Beam (it's just a beautiful move) and Solar Beam :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My top 3 would be Sky Attack (seeing Moltres using it in Pokémon Stadium sealed the deal on that one for me haha), Aurora Beam (it's just a beautiful move) and Solar Beam :)

What I love most about Sky Attack is its animation; it's equally as beautiful, in all games! Same goes for Aurora Beam. Solarbeam's nice, too, but I'm not such a huge fan of it competitively; if you don't have sun set up (which, if you don't have Ninetales on your team, could be sort of a hassle), you'd most likely faint before you even get to strike with this move.

Mine is Destiny Bond!! Oooorr Explosion. I like Grudge too.

I've been taken down by Wobbuffet's Destiny Bond attack so many times in-game, it's impossible to count. XD

Years
What I love most about Sky Attack is its animation; it's equally as beautiful, in all games! Same goes for Aurora Beam. Solarbeam's nice, too, but I'm not such a huge fan of it competitively; if you don't have sun set up (which, if you don't have Ninetales on your team, could be sort of a hassle), you'd most likely faint before you even get to strike with this move.

That's what drew me to it as well! :) That's probably why I like Solar Beam actually - cause I'm not a competitive battler so really just get to experience its beauty in-game without getting too frustrated lol xD Btw thank you cause you've just opened my eyes up to something - despite it being my favourite Pokémon, I never realised Ninetales had Drought as an ability lmao so thank you for that :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I am absolutely in love with Flare Blitz! It's such an awesome wall breaking move. Blaziken, Infernape, Charizard X, etc. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Draco Meteor. No doubt about it. Love the animation!

If only it didn't drastically decrease your Special Attack stat, haha. I suppose this is a good trade-off, though; without it, the move would've seemed a bit overpowered.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
My favorite move in the entirety of Pokemon is actually the move Return. I love how it represents the growing bond between a trainer and his/her Pokemon. That love and affection that grows during their travels and how they come to rely and trust one another more and more with every trial and tribulation that they may face. Just the fact that it grows stronger with happiness just amuses me so much, and makes it my favorite move.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm loving all the Draco Meteor fans. <3 Always use that move whenever I can. There's also a surprising amount of Metronome fans as well; I think I would be more of a fan if there weren't so many useless moves in Pokemon, because half the time I always get something boring ;;

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I love Assist and Metronome I love the risk factor they bring.

My favorite move in the entirety of Pokemon is actually the move Return. I love how it represents the growing bond between a trainer and his/her Pokemon. That love and affection that grows during their travels and how they come to rely and trust one another more and more with every trial and tribulation that they may face. Just the fact that it grows stronger with happiness just amuses me so much, and makes it my favorite move.

I also love teaching my Pokémon frustration and then as that starts getting weaker I teach them return I get a great move from the word go.

Back