• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ruby] Editing Region Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Hello...I've seen some hackers asking how to edit Region map.
Here is the tutorial on how to do that in Pokemon Ruby...

What we'll use:
VisualBoy advance
Cylcon
Unlz

1. Open up your VBA and load pokemon ruby. Then goto your house and check the town map. Then go to Tools->Tile Viewer and where the color box is Click on 256. You'll see 5 offsets in next box. Click on 0x6008000. it must look like this:
howto.png

2. Save the tile. (if you don't know how to do that PM me to send you a tile)

3. Open unLZ and your ruby rom. Goto adress 137 and click "Use Black/White"like this:
saveas.png

4.Click Raw Dump to save the raw file.

5. Open Cyclon. And click Load tileset. Open the tile you saved befor(it have to be .bmp). Then click 8bpp mode. After that Click Load tile map
Ok when this will be done it shoul look like this:
8bppmode.png

OK then easily just edit the map whit those tiles.

6. Save the raw file:
saving.png

7. Go back into unLZ and go to adress 137. then click on Load Raw
and load the raw you save in cyclon. then just click write to rom.
openraw.png

And the final production is here:
final.png

bonaza

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2007
You can its the same thing. Cyclone modify's the raws. You just have to load from diffrent offsets. Also cyclone did have a tut.

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
You can its the same thing. Cyclone modify's the raws. You just have to load from diffrent offsets. Also cyclone did have a tut.
Yeah, but it's hard to find the tilemaps for FR/LG. I'm still going to search for them though. =(

If I do find the tilemap, I'll let you all know what raw data it came from. :)

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Yeah, but it's hard to find the tilemaps for FR/LG. I'm still going to search for them though. =(

If I do find the tilemap, I'll let you all know what raw data it came from. :)

Yeah I second that. I've been looking for the tilemap for about 6 months now constantly saving random bits of raw data in the hope that it would be the tilemap for the town map! Somebody must know it because RijonAdventures' town map has been edited.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
Keba, is there an alternate link to download Cyclone? The link in Treecko's topic is invalid.

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
It doesn't seem to have the .dll... No worries. Thanks for the tut any ways Keba.

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
So far, I think I've checked 90% of them. None of them works. And 10% of them are very unlikely to be them too. (They're either too small or way too large to be the maps) So I don't really know what to say.

EDIT: I've been informed that FR/LG has more encryption if my friend recalled correctly. Although, I don't beleive it's impossible to edit the tilemap considering it has been done before.

Last edited:

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
Well, maybe we should just ask CBMan or HS where the tilemap is located in FR/LG. Since their map has been edited, they must know.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
If there are some Dutch guys here... they can see a Dutch tutorial here.
Anwyay, KebaSun, I think you should give credit to Mewthree9000, as he made this tutorial inside Cyclone.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Umm... I am sorry to break your illusions but RijonAdventures DOES have edited map BUT it was made by CBM in a HEX editor for 5 HOURS just with basic colour. That's the information that Christos (Semele) gave me. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. I was trying to find the tilemap even with Deep Scan in unLZ. But, no progress...

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
If there are some Dutch guys here... they can see a Dutch tutorial here.
Anwyay, KebaSun, I think you should give credit to Mewthree9000, as he made this tutorial inside Cyclone.

Um...why? this was tottaly made bye me without any help of mewthree

Years
Unfortunelity my Cylone doesn't works:
helpmenp0.png

What should I do?
Um, let me translate the second part ^^"

"System error [blahblahlotsanumbers]. Cannot find specific module."

I will try to find out what's up. I haven't test Cyclone yet (as I know my comp, it will work ^^").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back