• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Nah, it's okay. XD Seriously though, that school is pretty hard to get to. Now I think about it, Northern California schools are harder to get too than Southern California ones (was accepted to all Southern California schools I applied to but not Nothern California schools O.o). XD

And Astinus...well, that's what I get for being in California. ^O^ Not only I applied to Cal Poly but also UC Berkley, and didn't get in. Heh, aiming too high I guess. XD And no, hadn't got into a knife fight yet. XD

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Ah, college... How I long to go back again, but with money so tight nowadays, I just can't afford to right now.

But, anyways...

Ah... I'm stuck on Feral Twilight again. It's just, I can't make sense of these three legendary fakemon that appear in it.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/HuntsmanSkunk/Doxi-trio.jpg

Okay, I know that picture isn't the best ever, but it'll do for now. They're supposed to be the spawn of another legendary mutant, but I can't really figure out what purpose they serve other than that they budded from the original creature after it was attacked by another monster to help defend it. They appear in the fic several times, but they don't seem to have a lot of impact in the plot beyond just being super-powerful beasts some of the antagonists use after getting ahold of them. Doesn't that just seem a little too 'regular' for a Pokemon fanfic?

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Ehhh. I need help~ How should I prepare myself to write a crackfic? It keeps coming out not cracky enough. >_<

And if anyone wants to know...I'm trying to write Silver/Togetaro fluffcrack.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Skunter: That does seem kind of "regular" for a Pokemon fanfic. It seems like there should be more of an impact that the three make on the fic. I'm not sure how to give them more of an impact, since my solution for things that don't affect the plot is to get rid of it completely. XD;

Aqua: It's a fine line to balance on, crackiness. You don't want to go too cracky, because otherwise people will back out of your fic. But don't go too cracky, and what would be the point?

The best thing to do is to not even worry about it. My more crackier published fics ("Teh Journey of Harrison!!!" and "Conversations with Thunder") just came to me, and I wrote them without even thinking about it. (They're not pure crack. My pure crack fics? Those are OSC fics. XD)

If you try to be cracky, it doesn't work. It's like trying to be funny. The funniest things are just random, like getting hit in the head with a glass bottle that your friend threw. That had me laughing, and it wasn't planned. But when my friend tries to be funny, it's just like "Meh..." (I was the one who threw the bottle. Though I did get hit in the head with a cereal box.)

Maybe have Silver write really dramatic and romantic poetry to Togetaro. XD But the poetry really isn't all that good.

Bay

Years
Yeah Aqua, like Astinus said, the best jokes are left unplanned. For instance, the joke in which I had Lugia mad that his puns wasn't good. I just thought of it off the top of my head at work one day. XD I won't worry too much--just let the jokes come to you. :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Arr, that be some pirate ye worship, Jax me boy. Least when the Spanish are concerned! Let's have some grog in memory to him while someone plays the hornpipe! *does a Pirate jig*

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I was going to post in pirate. I swear. It's just that I'm so effin' stupid I can't post in English.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Well, you tried to help, Astinus, and for that I thank you, but it'd be kind of hard to just get rid of the threesome now that I've used them (or, at least, referenced them) in Feral Twilight. Ah... Maybe I should just stick with the norm, for the Doxi-trio at least. They probably have a lot better impact in Biohazard than Feral Twilight, since they actually are the antagonists in that fic.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Ehhh. I need help~ How should I prepare myself to write a crackfic? It keeps coming out not cracky enough. >_<

And if anyone wants to know...I'm trying to write Silver/Togetaro fluffcrack.
I find that it helps to be sleep deprived, hopped up on sugar, and with a group of friends that are naturally inclined to be insane. I've come up with some amazing things that way, such as mint flavored laxatives and the "cats exist in multiple dimensions" theory.

My most recent one was a story in which there are two dogs, a male and a female, that utilize giant time-traveling fish to save each others' lives in the future and past and eventually hook up. The girl dog has an affair shortly afterward with another dog that is both god and the devil, and the boy and girl dog have a massive fight. The male is eventually killed, the girl dog goes over a cliff while riding in a time traveling fish, and cuts herself out of it with a lightsaber just before she dies as well. Then she becomes a fish herself.

The universe is a taco in that story, and Taco Bell is literally a bell that acts as the central hub for the time-traveling fish. Good lord, that was a fun night.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
I find that it helps to be sleep deprived, hopped up on sugar, and with a group of friends that are naturally inclined to be insane. I've come up with some amazing things that way, such as mint flavored laxatives and the "cats exist in multiple dimensions" theory.

My most recent one was a story in which there are two dogs, a male and a female, that utilize giant time-traveling fish to save each others' lives in the future and past and eventually hook up. The girl dog has an affair shortly afterward with another dog that is both god and the devil, and the boy and girl dog have a massive fight. The male is eventually killed, the girl dog goes over a cliff while riding in a time traveling fish, and cuts herself out of it with a lightsaber just before she dies as well. Then she becomes a fish herself.

The universe is a taco in that story, and Taco Bell is literally a bell that acts as the central hub for the time-traveling fish. Good lord, that was a fun night.

O_O -backs away...very...slowly...-

...I don't need THAT much crack.

Bay

Years
(tries my hand at pirate talk, but fails. XD)

Argh, txteclipse, that's too much crack a pirate can handle. XD;

And ay mateys, we need more members and activity in the pirate queen Astinus' hideout. We got the finest rum from the seven seas! *gets shot for advertising XD*

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Anyway, my open uni course in English just led me to a scary realization about my country. All the other people in my group are like late-twenties or early-to-mid-thirties in age, some of them teachers, and yet I haven't seen a single one of them construct a simple question correctly yet. Is it okay to be depressed by this? Or by the fact that I have to come up with fifteen questions for a topic as bland and corny as 'lifelong living'? ._.

You know, I suddenly feel very unconfident about my proficiency with Spanish. 0.o

AE, you should probably just face the fact that you're a linguistics genius compared to everyone else in your country. I mean, we can't all master English with a proficiency comparable to, if not greater than, most native English-speakers. At least, when writing it. XD

But... "lifelong living"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? (Hey, one question, right there!)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
*walks into lounge*

Hey you guys! Schools been in a pain in the behind. Unfortunately I haven't had time to write the next chapter because I've been a little off. I swear there should be a law against having too much homework in one month, but whatever. Anyway, I'm too lazy to read the previous pages (sorry ^^'), so what's been the hot topic going around nowadays? Any arguments? (Arguments are juicy xD)

Oh!

And Asty is such a God!! :) I speak on behave of everyone when I say "Down with one line reviews!".

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yay smart people! 8D

Those IB schools took over my old high school. There used to be a lot of woods around my old high school where I would find dead birds and coyote tracks, but the IB kids needed something special, and there went the woods. Now they need new tennis courts so the rest of the woods and the old tennis courts are going away. Of course, the new courts can only be used by the IB kids, meaning that no one can play tennis now.

But, on the bright side, if/when it comes to a gun/knife fight, the regular high school kids can kick the IB kids' arses. We're just awesome like that.

Wha-? That is so not fair. Our sissy IB-head people just stuck us into little barracks to study and actually even lent some of our classrooms to the plebes regular high school people. And we had renovations in there for the whole time I studied over there.

Dang, I knew our principal was being to soft with them. :<

It's OK to be depressed by that. It was the same way when I went to college. I had someone tell me that the word "inconspicuous" was a verb. I was like "Wha?"

And now I miss my old Western Civilization class. ;_;

But, Alter Ego, I have to ask: "Lifelong living"? ._____o

Lifelong living is our group discussion topic for next Monday, and they expect me to hold a presentation about this pretentious crap too. Oh sweet mother of grammar, what have I gotten myself into with this course? ~~

Still, yay for it being natural to be depressed? XD

Oh yeah, crack-inspired plotting is awesome. It's what spawned the population import scheme in our economics class (China has an excess of babies and a shortage of paper; we have an excess of paper and a shortage of babies. Simple supply and demand that would solve the social problems of shrinking and rapidly growing population in their respective countries to boot.), not to mention my completely warped story about what would happen if hereditarily passed magical girl powers (complete with the skimpy outfit) would end up in a generation where the only available heir is male. And let's not even get me started about the realm created by the all-powerful creator goddess Mary-Sue (and her schisming cadre of followers who are fighting over whether Mary-Sue gave birth to all living things as an act of love or as the result of rape); there's also humongous mecha, vampires, and a number of things I really won't get into...crack ideas are fun for recreational purposes, but kind of scary if you actually act on them. XD

You know, I suddenly feel very unconfident about my proficiency with Spanish. 0.o

AE, you should probably just face the fact that you're a linguistics genius compared to everyone else in your country. I mean, we can't all master English with a proficiency comparable to, if not greater than, most native English-speakers. At least, when writing it. XD

But... "lifelong living"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? (Hey, one question, right there!)

Meh, there sure wasn't any shortage of those back in the IB. But then, if one of these illiterates is an elementary school English teacher to begin with, I can imagine how this kind of heresy manages to spread. :<

And...I actually put in a question that essentially amounted to that one. Except, of course, that I worded it all posh so it would fit the pretentiousness of the topic. XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Just an Idea.

What if the Fan Fictional board had to have new threads approved before they were visual to the average user.

It would prevent things like this from even surfacing. And generally improve the over all quality of this forum.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
What if the Fan Fictional board had to have new threads approved before they were visual to the average user.
That's called moderating a forum and believe you me, it's a serious pain. It wouldn't be such a huge issue for a relatively inactive forum like this, but it would get old fast.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't think things here are that out of hand :/. And as long as us users report rule-breaking stories or the such then they'll get fixed by super Astinus soon enough anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back