• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Really? I love Pikachu! I think he's literally the cutest Pokemon to ever grace the Earth! But you know whose Pikachu I really love? Ash's. Ash's Pikachu is just amazing, and I especially love to watch their interactions with each other. It's always a treat, they are so in-tune with each other.

Sorry, but that relationship just creeps the heck out of me. It's disturbing and weird. Humans and rodents should NOT be that intimate... I get sick to my stomach every time I hear Pika-Pi or see them embrace. Those two need to get a room... and then be locked in there permanently.

And I've had nasty rashes and scarring on my body that have been more attractive than Pikachu.

But at least it makes more sense than the totally bizarre shipping of Red and my beloved Leaf-chan...

Last edited:
Years
I prefer the more ferocious Pokemon to the cute ones. I think Magnemite is quite cute though. He just floats there with his electromagnetism, doing his thing.

magnemite.gif

Very cute in my opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't not find Magnemite annoying after all my playthroughs of Pokemon Snap and that noise oh my god that noise I couldn't take it I just wanted to kill all the Magnemite ever

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Magnemite got on my radar in Silver, when I ran across one on Route 38. I remember I kept hammering it with Bite and Headbutt and they hardly did anything and causing me to pull my hair out.

It was then that I realized that I had encountered my first Pokemon that gained an extra type between generations. I don't use the Magnemite family much, but this one encounter with one will be forever etched in my memory :P

For some reason I think Magnemite looks "cuter" in Sugimori art than it does in sprite form. I dunno why, lol

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
180px-081Magnemite.png

Now tell me if that ain't cute! Lot's of cute Pokemon out there.

Who's the "mightiest" looking?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I could never use Magnemite or Voltorb in my games because I'm one of those people who has to have their Pokemon's colour match their elemental type. I only use blue Water Pokemon, yellow Electric Pokemon, green Grass Pokemon, red/orange Fire Pokemon etc :P

Trainer Evan

Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Years
I have a severe case of OCD when it comes to making Pokemon teams. I actually hurt my brain thinking about it, and it won;t be at rest until I solve the issue. All my Pokemon have to be different. And by different, I mean, different colors, different body forms, and different first types. And I take this to an extreme. For example, I had to get rid of Swoobat because its' coloration was too similar to my Mamoswine's face. I won;t have a Nidoking and Magmar on my team because they are both biped saurians. Its extremely hard for me to make a team that satisfies me aesthetically, and they're the only kinds I can fight with. Right now my current HG/SS team is Noctowl, Victreebell, Nidorino, Magmar, Heracross, and Steelix. I almost flipped out when I noticed that both Magmar and Victreebell had a lot of yellow on them, and then flipped further when I thought that Magmar had a beak, like Noctowl does. But I was able to overcome this because the colors aren;t THAT similar, and it isn't really a beak...its more like an anteater snout, or at least thats what it looks like....

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Well, I always use a team of 3, my starter and two other Pokemon, making sure they have good synergy and all of then have near-perfect neutral type coverage. I don't level up more than 3 Pokemon. I've found this gives me higher level Pokemon without grinding, but also gives me PP to last from 1 Pokecentre to another.

I try to use things that have good stats and moves in their final form. It might be mid or even the late phases of the game when I actually get them, but I find it to be better than using weaker stuff like the region bugs/birds etc. Untill then I just use my starter.

I use the other 3 slots in my team for HM slaves.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
The mightiest looking Pokémon? Got a lot to choose from but I'd say it'd probably be Gyarados, Feraligatr or Emboar, something around that?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Metagross. You just don't argue with a giant four legged steel monster with piercing, glowing red eyes and a giant X plastered across its face. Its massive size and that cold, mechanical stare definitely lends Metagross an imposing presence on the battlefield.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah that's true, Metagross is pretty intimidating haha. Metaboss okay that was lame lool.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
let's not forget about Gyarados! who wouldn't fear a sea monster?

Years
I think we all know Hydreigon is the most fearsome Pokemon of them all.

profilepic63215_18.gif

God help you should you encounter this guy.

Yeah, Hydreigon is such an awesome Pokemon if you put all that effort in training your Deino.

I happen to use one on my main team, female with Docile nature.

Hydreigon may look so cool but I often have trouble saying it's name cos I don't understand German numbers.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Pfft Drakow any faster Pokemon with a fighting type move could turn Hydreigon to scrap metal also Conkeldurr. Also Blissey can stall it out? idk not updated with competitive stuff atm

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Frankly, nearly all the dog Pokemon look frightening to me. Mainly because of many negative IRL run ins with dogs and my severe allergies to them.

Yes, even Stoutland, because mustaches creep the heck out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back