• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet another Elite Four/Cynthia advice request

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
The main issue here is that a lot of questions about this on the 'net generally have suggestions involving Torterra or Infernape – and I have Empoleon. (Hey, I like water starters.)

I have a Garchomp, Roserade, and Magmar accompanying me. Any more team suggestions (and move suggestions)? Tips on training quickly? (I'm spoiled by B/W and Audinos…)

And I'm playing Platinum.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
Empoleon - Surf, Steel Wing, Peck, BubbleBeam (I plan to swap out one of those for Ice Beam once I level it up)
Garchomp - Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Take Down, Dragon Rush
Roserade - Magical Leaf, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore
Magmar - Flame Burst, Fire Punch, Lava Plume, Flamethrower

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Empoleon: I'd replace Peck with Ice Beam or Drill Peck. And you could also replace ice beam with Blizzard XD! And replace BubbleBeam with Hydro Pump (When you get it).
Garchomp: Replace Dragon Claw with Outrage.
Roserade: Replace Stun Spore with Sleep Powder.
Magmar: .......Decent

Years
OK, so...
(0 - great idea to get ice beam)
1 - You should definitely teach a earthquake (or dig) and crunch to your garchomp
2 - you should get a fighting type
3 - against Spiritomb, hit as hard as you can with sth that doesn't fear psychic, bug or ghost
if your team is around Lv 55 - 60 you should succeed :)

any more questions?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
Empoleon: I'd replace Peck with Ice Beam or Drill Peck. And you could also replace ice beam with Blizzard XD! And replace BubbleBeam with Hydro Pump (When you get it).
Garchomp: Replace Dragon Claw with Outrage.
Roserade: Replace Stun Spore with Sleep Powder.
Magmar: .......Decent

All right, thanks for the suggestions. Sadly Sleep Powder isn't available outside of breeding for Roserade's line.

@bizebest notes taken.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to In-game Team Help as that's where these sort of things belong rather than this section, as mentioned in the 4th gen rules.

I'll suggest a few different moves for your Magmar - there's rarely a need for two different attacking moves of the same type (in this case fire), let alone four. Move variety in your moves also means you can hit more Pokemon for super-effective damage. With Garchop I'd be inclined to replace Dragon Rage rather than Dragon Claw as that is the weaker move, and getting rid of Take Down for something like Crunch or better yet Earthquake (when it eventually learns that via level up anyways).

As for training quickly, using the VS Seeker (something B/W doesn't have!) in one of the latter routes (ie around Sunnyshore) to rebattle trainers is the best way to go about getting exp.

Back