• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scripts & Tutorials Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

Scripts & Tutorials requests

This thread lets you ask for any resources which belong in this section. This includes scripts, tutorials, software, tools, game engines and so forth. You may not request illegal software or "warez" at all.

Do not post the requested things in this thread. Put them in another thread, and post in here linking to it.

Do keep in mind that some requests may never get replied to, for whatever reason (perhaps you're asking for too much). If so, please do not continue to repost the same request over and over.

Thread written by [url-inline=member.php?u=73423]Maruno[/url-inline].

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hey, ya all, does anyone know where to get a custom menu script that can be used for commercial purposes? [Un-Pokemon]

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
i want request script for scrolling text.
using Text Scroll Script - Enhanced
Code:
save-point.org/thread-2557.html

everytime i use, always get error:
---------------------------
Pokémon Project X
Script 'Text_Scroll' line 246: TypeError occurred.

undefined superclass `Window_Base'
OK

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey! I'm new to Game Dev! I just want to ask for a script for a sideview battle. Thanks!

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I would like RMXP script(s) for the following:

Messaging online-talking to other players in a game*
Battling and Trading online-battling and trading with other players in a game*
Download Trainers-like in real wifi competitions in the PWT

*I know they have been created, but overtime, I forget the URL. Please don't chastise me about this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I would like to request a tutorial on how to add more features to the PokeGear. I know I'm not the only one who isn't the best at ruby scripting and I have looked through the Pokegear script but I couldn't figure out what should be done to add something new without breaking it.

Q-Quan

Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ
Years
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I would like to request a quest menu system, something a little similar to the Mystery Dungeon series, the basic style is talking to an NPC will turn on a tag, the script will recognize that tag and put that in a menu which can be accessed from the pokegear or another activator point. I tried doing this with events but I wasn't able to make an efficient system that would tell you what missions you were on and were not. Hopefully this isn't to big of a task.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.

You can do most of this through events.
Using $Trainer.party.length<6 or $Trainer.party.length==6, both do the same thing, except the first one checks whether you have LESS than 6 Pokémon, the last one checks whether you HAVE 6 or more (which we know can't happen, but it checks that nonetheless)... To use this open up a conditional branch with @script: $Trainer.party.length<6... Tick the box at the bottom... Use this if you don't want to use variables, if you do want to use them, use this:

At the start of your event set a
@script: $game_variables[15]=6
@script: $game_variables[14]=$Trainer.party.length
Then in a conditional branch, variable[14] less than 6 (not equal)... You'll see why you need to set 2 variables here.

In the first section of the conditional branch, give a speech, then to add the PokéBall, use a conditional script,
$game_variables[15]-=$game_variables[14]
conditional branch, variable 15 EQUAL to 0,
first section, speech:
"Can't receive any"
In the else, conditional branch:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POKEBALL,pbGet(15))

However, there is a better way to deal with "not being able to catch more than 6 Pokémon".

Search in the Pokebattle_Battle script section, for:

Code:
    if @opponent && (!pbIsSnagBall?(ball) || !battler.isShadow?)
      @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
      pbDisplay(_INTL("The Trainer blocked the Ball!\nDon't be a thief!"))
    else

And DIRECTLY below it:

Code:
    if $Trainer.party.length>=6 && £game_switches[[COLOR="Red"]x[/COLOR]]==false
     @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
    pbDisplay(_INTL("I can't catch more than 6 Pokémon!"))
    return

Change X to a specific switch number... You will need that to turn this section off in the future of your game.

That should be everything, you could, should and want to know... If something doesn't work, let us know... I don't see a problem, but you never know.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
This is probably a large request, but I'm not the best at scripting so I don't really know how to do something this elaborate.

I want to make a script, or an event, which emulates the Magnet Train. I remember there being one here a long time ago, but I can't find it now.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Unfortunately, while this was the post, the dropbox links which contained the event information are gone. 404, can;t access them.

The files that can't be accessed are all image files so nothing that's missing is absolutely required to use this. Since the files are all named pretty self explanatory It might be possible to piece together what they should be, especially if you've played Crystal recently. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back