• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Day/Night Switching of Wild Pokémon

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
thanks for answering me! :D

you mean this: "...hour: .word 0x03005542..."

using prime's DNS, thats the ram offset for the time... or am i into something else with this?

Yeah, that is what I meant. Just change that to the appropriate RAM offset and it should work.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Alrighty! I've finally finished DN Pokemon Data Editor! The download is in an attachment as a zip file. Keep in mind this is only in it's early versions, and may have a bug in it. If you find a bug, contact me by way of PM.

How to use it?
I always got an error in my ADVMAP when I use it

Here are the screenies:
hD8fi7s.png

91X8Wlb.png

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
How to use it?
I always got an error in my ADVMAP when I use it

Here are the screenies:
hD8fi7s.png

91X8Wlb.png

That's because it modifies how the data is actually read, making it incompatible with A-Map after you convert it to the new D/N format. Currently MEH has support for D/N pokemon editing although it's a tiny bit buggy so be aware of that.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
That's because it modifies how the data is actually read, making it incompatible with A-Map after you convert it to the new D/N format. Currently MEH has support for D/N pokemon editing although it's a tiny bit buggy so be aware of that.

Yah, a bit buggy ^_^
Tried it in 7 times but when I load the rom in v-boy, it results in whitescreen,
I also tried to fire a clean rom, and as I expect, it loads smoothly....

Any tutorials on how to use it in a safest way?

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I want to one thing pls...
which map takes this data for day night shift... and hiw do i set all the maps with pokemon encounter to have day night shift.... do i write asm that much time pr simply edit map header or write a script which act on entering a map???

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Has anyone been able to get this working for Fire Red? I know it says its been extensively tested, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Even though I've inserted all of the routines properly (I know this because the game doesn't crash), the game still only loads the daytime data.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Has anyone been able to get this working for Fire Red? I know it says its been extensively tested, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Even though I've inserted all of the routines properly (I know this because the game doesn't crash), the game still only loads the daytime data.
I rewrote the Pokemon loading routine so it would work for day and night switching, as well as swarms.
Spoiler:

To set a swarm, set var_4fff to your map name id, and var_4ffe to your Pokemon species.

Last edited:
Years
There is a problem. If we add Wild Day / Night Pokemon, the game will freeze on the emulator. This is because game turns on crying pokemon in the maps. Due to the fact that we are adding new tables, the game does not read crying correctly and the game crashes. :(

Last edited:
Years
I found an offset that turns off Pokemon crying on routes. :) This fixes an issue with the game freezing when we have the Day/Night system added for wild Pokemon:

0x055FF4 replace 01 to 00

Back