• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the song above you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
0/10 Cause I'm not sure if you Rick Roll'd me or not and I hate you if that's your intention.

Lol jk I don't hate you just really mad.

Rate this. One of my favorites from Owl City's last album All Things Bright and Beautiful.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

Treecko

Years
10/10 Woo Paramore! @Umbr30n ok that's acceptable but most people associate it with Rick Rolling.
\

An album I'm looking forward to; The 2nd Law from Muse!

Years
1/10

Didn't even press play cos I knew how overplayed that song was in my country.

Rate this one-hit wonder from Boogie Pimps.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
6/10 - I kind of like Skrillex, and I do really love a few of his tracks - this one included - but I can never really get into them too much and eventually it (and other dubstep) just gets on my nerves, so I don't tend to listen to it much.

(I realize not a lot of people necessarily like this type of music, but if you could just look past the vocals and instead rated on the entire song all together, that'd be better.)

Gabri

m8
Years
[Rated by a metalhead]

Putting growls/guttural voice aside (which I never liked), it's noticeable that these guys can play fairly decently, and I pretty much liked most of the riffs. What I didn't like, and seems to be present in the whole metalcore genre, was the breakdown with a sudden clean voice, then back to growl - mixing guttural and clean like that is something I just don't like, it just doesn't fit, in my opinion, blasting your throat out in aggressiveness and then sing like in a ballad with all the love in the world (specially if the lyrics don't allow such extreme change, which is the case here). Also the complete absence of a guitar solo is something that confuses me, since it's one of the root characteristics that define metal - and which most, if not all the other metal sub-genres have.

I will give this a 6/10, mostly because of the riffing. And well, it's much better than many, many things out there.

---

Yes, Nevermore uses 7 strings. Maybe too heavy for most people's standards here but I don't really care. I'd be happy already if you made it to the solo (which is amazing).
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Eh 8/10 my music taste or "standards" are very versatile. I like everything from dubstep to synthpop to hardcore/metalcore to just rock and just plain pop. :D

And now some hardcore from me. And of course A Day to Remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back