• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
Just got a Shiny Carbink in Reflection Cave. It appeared with a bit of glitter and at first I just passed it off as an animation due to where I was and the type of pokemon but then I wondered then checked my brothers pokedex as hes at the same location. then when i realised I started to freak knowing I had only 15 balls but finally caught it with luxury ball.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2020
I have caught 2 shinies a red raticate in fire red and a shiny tentacruel in heart gold I can't remember the color but my game erased itself like 2 days later guess it wasn't meant to be.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I guess I got really lucky this time around. Found a shiny Bunnelby within the first half hour, and then a Mime Jr. later in a horde.

Edit: Not sure why they're sideways.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
My brother just found a shiny Minun, in his third playing day. Some people are lucky.

Aternox

the Dark
Years
Hey I don't want to be too controversial or anything,
but is it weird to never have seen a shiny Pokémon?

I mean I started playing Pokémon with Ruby. There I often had savedgames with no less than 300 hours before they became corrupted, or before I accidentally saved a new game. And with often I mean like 2 or 3 times. Later I played some Diamond, but not for more than a grand total of 120 hours, and I played some Platinum, Heartgold and the likes on emulators (but nothing much). I also played Black, though I never bought it. Shame on me. But yeah I have no memories on seeing shinies apart from those on the Emerald of a friend of mine, which he had gotten through one of those hacking things for the GBA. What were they called again xD!

Anyways I'm sad. I really want a shiny.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey I don't want to be too controversial or anything,
but is it weird to never have seen a shiny Pokémon?

Not weird at all. My first game was Yellow, and ive played every Gen since, more than once...
i havent seen a single shiny either, but Gen6 might be my lucky Gen

Aternox

the Dark
Years
Let's both go for that shiny! They tend to be more abundant in hordes... But I always avoid tall grass. I just challange every trainer 100 times.

Also I love battles, wanna fight? I'll edit this message to add my player code once my online match is over.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
I found this beauty before vsing the 3rd gym
Spoiler:

Been tormenting my bro since
Now he's a lvl 34 duosion

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Neither me nor my brother have run into any Shiny Pokemon. I'm on my fifth badge and he's working on his seventh.

I think you guys are just lucky =C

There is a rumor that says the more you tip the NPC the better chance you have for Shiny Pokemon to appear. So far it doesn't seem true. I tip 1000 every chance I get and no shinies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've managed to encounter a shiny Litleo once, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch it. :( I was trying to lower its health a bit by using an attack on it, in hopes to increasing the chance of the capture rate, but… the move ended up becoming a critical hit. D: I was quite upset over it. Litleo is one of my most favorite Pokémon of the Kalos region. I had the chance to capture it in its shiny form, but it all went up in flames in an instant. This has gotta be one of my most unluckiest moments in Pokémon games.

Other than Litleo, I haven't been able to encounter any shiny Pokémon at all. If I did though, then I'd capture it in a heartbeat, regardless if I liked the Pokémon or not. Shinies are the rarest of all, and to simply pass up the opportunity to catch one would be pretty foolish. xD"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
nice work, it has the star at the bottom thats a indicator that its a shiny. well done though man :D i just looked at a golett to compare and on urs where its green the non shiny its like goldy yellow there

Years
yea man i was pretty happy, games been amazing to me so far....since i played pokemon at 9 years old...up till now....15 years of fun~

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I've heard a lot of things about how easy it is to get shines compared to the older games, but I have still yet to come across one. Then again, I find getting Pokérus easier than finding shiny pokémon.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I'm wondering if Mega Evolution also have a shiny form. Like, a shiny charizard would have different mega evolution colors. Would be awkward to see a shiny charizard using charizatite Y or however you call it, into a red charizard.

Years
I haven't seen any so far, I remember once I had just started silver and was grinding my cyndaquil when I came across a shiny poliwag which was my favourite at the time, but it was before I could get a pokeball so I was really annoyed

Years
I've heard that X and Y has revised the chances of finding shinies, and they're now more common (obviously still ridiculously rare)... don't know if it's true, but I haven't found one shiny so far. Then again, I've never had good luck with shinies; I've found one total in Crystal years ago, a Golbat. Wish I could transfer it over...

Back