• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
I don't know if anyone else pointed this out but I found a glitch in the beta 2 semitranslated game. If you are in front of the baloon with steven anf the water gym leader and you pause the game and look at your pokemon list. then you unpause it you are in control of the old man on the left of the screen.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I don't know if anyone else pointed this out but I found a glitch in the beta 2 semitranslated game. If you are in front of the baloon with steven anf the water gym leader and you pause the game and look at your pokemon list. then you unpause it you are in control of the old man on the left of the screen.

Semi Translated version is outdated. Download the 100% translated version of LP in page

SP this is not your hack. You were asked to translate the hack, not add your own ideas to it. It is obvious what additions are yours. Trainers that have 6 super powered pokemon, most of which are not even available at the level theyare at. Also, there are a number of pokemon that you likely added that do not even have movesets, so they just struggle. The most notable additions are the second and third gym battles. Gym leaders are only supposed to have a couple pokemon, the first one or two a lesser form and weak. Instead the leaders have 6 pokemon, most of which are fully evolved. While your translation efforts are appreciated, it is my opinion that you are ruining this great hack. Giving the second gym leader fully evolved starters as well as other strong pokemon is not a cool thing to do. It takes away from the whole progression of the game. I suggest you stick to translating, or let Ash do it. He seems to be better at it than you are, plus he does not have the self-entitlement you seem to have with every post, whether it is correcting grammar or instating rules for fellow posters in this topic. This topic that is not even yours.

Everyone, ignore this guy.
The reason I made the Teams stronger is because I want to
make you guys gain more EXP.

Years
Sorry Sarcastic Prince, but I agree with ericnick, I don't like the trainers with 6 Pokemon or the overpowered gym leaders. I quit playing the translated version because of that. Having to gain a lot of EXP makes the game too easy. Can you make a translated version with the originals?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Sorry Sarcastic Prince, but I agree with ericnick, I don't like the trainers with 6 Pokemon or the overpowered gym leaders. I quit playing the translated version because of that. Having to gain a lot of EXP makes the game too easy. Can you make a translated version with the originals?

Okay, but when you're at the 4th Gym, the Gym Trainers + Gym Leader have 37-40 leveled Pokemon.
So, when I make Trainers with 6 Pokemon, your Pokemon will gain more EXP and they'll
be able to beat the 4th Gym Leader, Thomas much easily.

So, do you understand why I have to do this now?

Who knows what will happen to the 3rd Beta?
The remainding Gym Leaders might be a lot harder.

And, there will be more Trainers with 6 Pokemon.
Then, you don't have to complain about the Gym Leaders
being too strong. It's actually helping you to understand and
beat the Hack better.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Okay, but when you're at the 4th Gym, the Gym Trainers + Gym Leader have 37-40 leveled Pokemon.
So, when I make Trainers with 6 Pokemon, your Pokemon will gain more EXP and they'll
be able to beat the 4th Gym Leader, Thomas much easily.

So, do you understand why I have to do this now?

Who knows what will happen to the 3rd Beta?
The remainding Gym Leaders might be a lot harder.

And, there will be more Trainers with 6 Pokemon.
Then, you don't have to complain about the Gym Leaders
being too strong. It's actually helping you to understand and
beat the Hack better.
Sorry, I'm disagree too, Wesley just want You translate it, not editing trainers

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The translation by SarcasticPrince and Ash493 is good and I can understand what they say.
I did not say anything xD

Damn this isn't good... can anyone try if it's the same in Portuguese version?
If yes then there's something wrong with that guy and he must be removed.

And about edits... I really didn't know about them O.o and I gotta say, we shouldn't change what Wes has put into game. We are translators... Wes is maker of this hack, he should know what's best :)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Hmm...editing other data is not a good thing for transtators to do, even if you have your reasons. You shouldn't edit Wesley's data unless he gave you permission, even if you have a good reason. I don't want to be a part of an anti-Prince war over this, so don't attack me. But tampering with edits that don't belong to your field is not the right thing to do, and you shouldn't do it anymore.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Sorry, I'm disagree too, Wesley just want You translate it, not editing trainers
Okay, in the next Beta, the only edited Trainers you see are Gym Leaders.
I want the Gym Leaders to be tougher.

Agreeing with everyone against Sarcastic. Although we should just let Wesley decide.
Just let Wesley decide.
If he thinks it's alright, then I'll do it again in the next Beta.

Hmm...editing other data is not a good thing for transtators to do, even if you have your reasons. You shouldn't edit Wesley's data unless he gave you permission, even if you have a good reason. I don't want to be a part of an anti-Prince war over this, so don't attack me. But tampering with edits that don't belong to your field is not the right thing to do, and you shouldn't do it anymore.
Actually, I see no one anti me.
The people are just expressing their own opinions, but Ericnick is not.
All he's doing is complaining. And I do not accept complaining, unless they're
opinions.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
You were hired/offered to help translate the hack right ?
I'm pretty certain all that means is translate the text from one language to another, where does editing Trainer data come into this ?

People download this game to play Wes's hack, not your edit of his hack.
So when the next Beta is out, how about you translate Wes's hack and upload it and then edit his hack and upload your version of it ? That way people can choose between his hack and your edit.
Forcing your edit onto people isn't a good thing, let people choose, if they wanna play the game where the trainers/leaders are tougher/easier, let them decide that ;)

But thanks for translating it, I was gonna play it but after hearing about your edits, I'm no longer interested in playing the current translated version.

Also ericnick's complaints are completely valid.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You were hired/offered to help translate the hack right ?
I'm pretty certain all that means is translate the text from one language to another, where does editing Trainer data come into this ?

People download this game to play Wes's hack, not your edit of his hack.
So when the next Beta is out, how about you translate Wes's hack and upload it and then edit his hack and upload your version of it ? That way people can choose between his hack and your edit.
Forcing your edit onto people isn't a good thing, let people choose, if they wanna play the game where the trainers/leaders are tougher/easier, let them decide that ;)

But thanks for translating it, I was gonna play it but after hearing about your edits, I'm no longer interested in playing the current translated version.

Also ericnick's complaints are completely valid.

Thanks. :P Your suggestions are appreciated.
I will follow what you say in the next Beta.

Years
The gym leaders are the only trainers needed edited. Some stuff did need edited, in the original. These include:

In Bromboach Town Red has Aroma Lady trainer class.
Swimmers are called Lady.
PKM Trainer should be PkMN Trainer
Steam Adm should have Steam Adm.

Also Mismagius has Honchcrow sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2010
Olá Wesley a hack está muito boa e queria saber se você sabe qual o msn do peão já que o newbie do colecionador fechou a myutsu porque nos chamou de mimados etc...
-----Google Translation-----
Hello Wesley is a very good hack and was wondering if you know the msn of the pedestrian as the newbie collector closed because the Myutsu called us spoiled etc ...

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
The gym leaders are the only trainers needed edited. Some stuff did need edited, in the original. These include:

That's Wes's work. He will fix them.
I agree with EJames2100 . I want to play a translated version not a edited hack by other people. Don't edit anything although it may look better.
I highly appreciate what Sarcastic Prince and Sarcastic Prince did but please respect what Wes did. You can tell Wes your ideas but don't edit without his permission.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Are you referring to the original version?
If yes, I've edited and fixed them.

That's Wes's work. He will fix them.
I agree with EJames2100 . I want to play a translated version not a edited hack by other people. Don't edit anything although it may look better.
I highly appreciate what Sarcastic Prince and Sarcastic Prince did but please respect what Wes did. You can tell Wes your ideas but don't edit without his permission.

Yes, yes, yes. I understand.
Anyways, I loled at this sentence. (The sentence in bold) Are you referring to Ash and me?

Anyways, I did fix the bugs, it's pretty easy.

This looks an interesting hack, Can't wait for the 100% English translation version to be released. How do you add D/P Pokemon to Ruby/FireRed hacks? What tool do you need for that?

The 100% English Translation is in page 76.

WARNING. The English version is a "X" version of the original version.
Also, for inserting Sprites, you need Unlz for that. Search the tool in the Toolbox.

Last edited:

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Anyways, I loled at this sentence. (The sentence in bold) Are you referring to Ash and me?
Oh yes, lol. I want to mark your nickname but I didn't check it again. :D Sorry
I search page 76 but it's a 30% English link????

Back