• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
Very nice tool and it has some good features, just wondering do you plan on adding an auto position feature for the sprites :)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I just wanted to post this because the MrDs thing keeps being mentioned: If you want to use it with G3HS, just update your rombase to 1.5 and follow the instructions if you need to use other tools. It has the ROM name already changed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Is the hex editor working for you guys? For me, everytime I try to use it, it gives me two errors and doesnt let me edit the byte.
What's up with that?

Years
I don't know if anyone's suggested it or anything, but I run Fedora 20, and was wondering if I could help with this in any way. Also, would there be any possible way to either have a built-in map editor, or have the option to integrate with certain ones? I can easily put a map editor on a tab with the window for this, but I would still prefer to only have one program to do this.

By the way, people like you don't get this enough, but...
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!!!!!
Seriously, I don't know where I'd be without you guys... Certainly not rom hacking.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
1378222_718617931539599_6335242699381246666_n.jpg
1604727_718617938206265_1961633875873423372_n.jpg

Sorry to ask, but where is the application here?
Idownloaded and extracted the file but theres no app. here

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Sorry to ask said:
You download the source code, the source code is for the Edit of the tool itself I think, you have to download the one it says English.Windows.Encode.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
G3HS crashes whenever I press the Expand Pokemon button, not sure why because I didn't really do anything beforehand. I'm using the Windows version.

Speaking of that version, I've noticed that it uses a lot of memory for my old junker computer. It could be my machine's fault, but I'm eventually getting memory errors whenever I save a lot.

EDIT: Okay here's more to it. First of all, by "not really anything" I mean I added the MrDS base and altered some items and TM learnsets. That's about it so far.

Second, here's the bug in more detail: I can expand the number of evolutions just fine, I tried it myself. I've been able to do really just about anything except expand the Pokedex. I'm not sure what's really going on here, if it's me or the app. I'm going to attempt the same with the Mac version to confirm. DX

EDIT 2: Mac version works with expansion, so only the Windows version crashes. Huh.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
One Issue about Pokemon Ruby Evolution Expansion. It working. But Lables was wrongly situated. For example. TRADE (ITEM) Works as STONE function and reverse.
I remember reading a post farther back that said to change the INI file around to be correct, because G3HS sort of does that for R/S.

Broly9990

After I expanded the Pokedex I can't find the newly made Pokemon's sprites in any other sprite editor to fix any of it's issues. anyone know how I can do that?

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
After I expanded the Pokedex I can't find the newly made Pokemon's sprites in any other sprite editor to fix any of it's issues. anyone know how I can do that?

In a newly expanded rom, all the new sprites are replaced with fillers. To add new sprites, you can add them with this program actually, in the sprites section, or download the 'Advanced Series' and get the necessary offsets from this program's ini.
Front sprite table is normal sprite table and back sprite table is shiny sprite table if I remember correctly. Then just edit the FR(US) ini in he advanced series and you can add new sprites.

Broly9990

In a newly expanded rom, all the new sprites are replaced with fillers. To add new sprites, you can add them with this program actually, in the sprites section, or download the 'Advanced Series' and get the necessary offsets from this program's ini.
Front sprite table is normal sprite table and back sprite table is shiny sprite table if I remember correctly. Then just edit the FR(US) ini in he advanced series and you can add new sprites.

Well I added the sprites. the problem is the get all messed up afterwards and I can't fix it in any other sprite editor. I've tried everything but nothing works.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
I'm encountering a problem that Ive only experienced since I started using Gen III suite. I don't know if it's what I type or something, but sometime it "Corrupts" a pokemon with seemingly no way to fix it. Once it enters this strage "Corrupt" state I get some messages, and I am unable to change the Pokemon's sprite. Also when I look at said Pokémon in the Pokédex or battle it, the game crashes. Apologies if this is a noob question, but is there anyway to fix this? Because everytime this has happened it has caused me to restart the entire project (I have been backing up every couple hours, but having to keep redoing the same hour's worth of work is really slowing down any real progress)

gyazo(dot)com/c7d6e416a6936d71815153ae4aa9e2f5

Above is screenshots. The first two pictures are the error messages Gen III suite gives me (ignore bad temporary Pokémon sprite) and the third is the game crashing upon viewing the Pokémon in the Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 30, 2019
Are there any guides for total noobs? XP
And is the Expand PokeDex thing planned for other games besides that specific version of FireRed? I've done some overworld changes on a Pokemon Emerald ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Are there any guides for total noobs? XP
And is the Expand PokeDex thing planned for other games besides that specific version of FireRed? I've done some overworld changes on a Pokemon Emerald ROM.

It's pretty self explanatory but there is a pdf guide in the download. There's also an emerald expansion (here) but it hasn't been implemented in the tool yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 30, 2019
It's pretty self explanatory but there is a pdf guide in the download. There's also an emerald expansion, but it hasn't been implemented in the tool yet.
Well, I just started getting into these Pokemon ROM hacks, I have no idea how to do anything yet XP

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
Hi
I'd like to know if you were planning on adding a feature to add more move tutors.
If not, could you tell me where the move tutor data is in the rom?
Edit:
Actually, nvm the move tutor data, I found it in the ini. Just one question, I can guess what movetutorattacks is and mtattacksnum but what is movetutorcomp, movetutorcomplen and mtattackslen? Sorry if these are stupid questions, i'm not very experienced with rom hacking, but I thought I could give changing the amount of move tutor moves a go. Thanks for any help! :)
Also, is there any trainer editors which can hold the extended pokemon? Because I really want to give some trainers some of my new pokes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Is there something like this but to edit individual pokemon stats/abilities/items (like your party pokemon) that includes data from gen 4+?

Back