• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
You need to create a script that has special 0x16f in it. That will enable the National Dex.

This question has been asked many times before, try searching before asking next time, k? :D

Thanks. I hope I'm not annoying you again but I'm new to hacking and how do you insert a script into the game. I've got XSE but I have no idea how to use it. The tutorial I found here was good but it didn't tell me how to insert a script into the game.

I want to knwo how to insert this script. It gives you the National Dex
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Yep. When you set both items the same, the Pokémon will always hold the selected item. Just like Ho-oh, indeed.
Regardin the first question, scripting knowledge is required.
If you didn't already, I would suggest you reading the great Tauwasser's Scripting Compendium for Gold/Silver, here for example.

Okay, thanks for your response.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Yep. When you set both items the same, the Pokémon will always hold the selected item. Just like Ho-oh, indeed.

Hmm, I just tried this out, and it seems I can't get it to hold a GS Ball after all. It seems to only be holdable by certain pokemon, strangely enough. To test it out, I tried three different wild pokemon having the GS Ball in both held item slots: Rattata, Geodude, and Hoppip. Out of those, only wild Rattata would always hold the GS Ball. The good news is, the GS Ball does indeed trigger the event once you have the right code in. Any ideas on what I could do to remedy this?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Thanks. I hope I'm not annoying you again but I'm new to hacking and how do you insert a script into the game. I've got XSE but I have no idea how to use it. The tutorial I found here was good but it didn't tell me how to insert a script into the game.

I want to know how to insert this script. It gives you the National Dex
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
^ This can be put in a script wherever you want. It doesn't matter if it's before the end command, or under the if 0x1 goto $pointer.

A small example to clarify things:
Example:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
message @1
boxset 2
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
end

#org @1
= Here, take this PokeDex! Have fun.

Follow any tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials Sectionto learn how to insert the script.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Hmm, I just tried this out, and it seems I can't get it to hold a GS Ball after all. It seems to only be holdable by certain pokemon, strangely enough. To test it out, I tried three different wild pokemon having the GS Ball in both held item slots: Rattata, Geodude, and Hoppip. Out of those, only wild Rattata would always hold the GS Ball. The good news is, the GS Ball does indeed trigger the event once you have the right code in. Any ideas on what I could do to remedy this?

Okay, after trying a few more times, Suicune eventually was holding it, and then a few times more, and it wasn't. So apparently it only holds it SOMETIMES... which is something I'd like it not to do. Any ideas on what to do about this? :/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay, after trying a few more times, Suicune eventually was holding it, and then a few times more, and it wasn't. So apparently it only holds it SOMETIMES... which is something I'd like it not to do. Any ideas on what to do about this? :/

Probably there's some data about Pokémon/items that's causing that. I wish I was more into G/S hacking...
Anyway, what item did you edit to get the GS Ball? Did you try getting a GS Ball from a different item?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Probably there's some data about Pokémon/items that's causing that. I wish I was more into G/S hacking...
Anyway, what item did you edit to get the GS Ball? Did you try getting a GS Ball from a different item?

Well, I didn't do any manual editing per se, I simply used the Poke Edit program to place GS Balls in both possible item slots. Suicune wasn't holding any items by default, but then, neither are wild Rattata, and they can hold GS Balls. I'm not sure if Rattata only hold GS Balls sometimes when they have both item slots taken up by them like Suicune, I haven't tried enough. I do know that out of the three Rattata I caught with the GS Ball items in their item slots as a test, they all were holding one.

If it helps, the code for the GS Ball that I used (and keep in mind, this worked to trigger the Kurt event once I put the right code in for Kurt to recognize a GS Ball) is 73

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
OK, I've used the overworld editor (Didn't realize that's what it was) and it does not show the surfing sprites. Help please?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Is there a very quick way to edit the blocks in Amap? Like I want to move.. say the last 15 tiles down all the way to the end of the tileset blocks. Is there a way I can just drag them? It would save me a TON of time. I know I can edit one block/tile at a time, but that takes ages if you want to move a lot of tiles.

ALSO What's the offset in UNLZ for the oak and hero sprites in the beginning of the game? And the offset for the boot screen?

Last edited:

SLK

Kirby ate Super Luigi!
Years
1) How do I add new map names to the list of choose-able map names?

2) What do I do to get a script to activate across an area? And have the person locate the player from where the person is?

3) How do I check if the player has at least 1 pokemon in a script?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2009
I have an easy question now...What must I do if I want to create a house,a person,a Gym,....?Can AM do this?Or Scripting?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
OK, I've used the overworld editor (Didn't realize that's what it was) and it does not show the surfing sprites. Help please?

Cyclone, I suppose...
you can't edit the 'thing' the player rides on through OW Editor... :\

Is there a very quick way to edit the blocks in Amap? Like I want to move.. say the last 15 tiles down all the way to the end of the tileset blocks. Is there a way I can just drag them? It would save me a TON of time. I know I can edit one block/tile at a time, but that takes ages if you want to move a lot of tiles.

the 'Read Me' is made by LU-HO for that very purpose...

1) How do I add new map names to the list of choose-able map names?

2) What do I do to get a script to activate across an area? And have the person locate the player from where the person is?

3) How do I check if the player has at least 1 pokemon in a script?

I have an easy question now...What must I do if I want to create a house,a person,a Gym,....?Can AM do this?Or Scripting?

1. No way to do this as of now, I guess...
2. I don't understand...
3. thethethethe's scripting tutorial is very useful. View it in the Documents and Tutorials...

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
To create a house, Advance Map. To create a person, OW editor, unLZ if you want to edit the sprite and PET if you want to make a trainer. To create a gym on a map Advance map. To create the events in a gym you need to script it all out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
How would I make it so one script dose different things at different times like the poke balls at Oaks lab if you go to them before you met oak it says something then after you talk to Oak you can take one then after you take one you cant take the last one and its all under one script so how would I do that?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
How would I make it so one script dose different things at different times like the poke balls at Oaks lab if you go to them before you met oak it says something then after you talk to Oak you can take one then after you take one you cant take the last one and its all under one script so how would I do that?

I recommend you visiting the Tutorials/Documents section to see some of the tutorials. I would recommend thethethethe's tutorial or any of the XSE tutorials. I don't necessarily understand your question.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
Well ive checked them all and I dont see anything about it unless I missed it but what im trying to do is make it so a script dose diffenrent things after something else has happened like when you first go to get your pokemon at Oaks you cant take it untill you talk to Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back