• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you have expectations for this generation?

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
Alright, Mawile you're off the hook.

I'm standing my ground with Gardevoir though. Angels and fairies... I mean, there is a difference.

And there is no way Lopunny will not be half Fairy, which will them prove my point that only pretty adn cute Pokemon can be fairies.

I WANT A FREAKIN' TROLL FAIRY TYPE!

Muks half fairy! its been confirmed :o

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is true, but these Formes will likely increase the pokes strength in some way shape or form.

There are other forms that increase a Pokemon's strength is some way, shape or form.

Giratina has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Shaymin has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Deoxys has 3 stat shifts, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas depending on his form.
Rotom gain additional stats.
Kyurem gains additional stats.
Arceus (while not officially a form change) increases the power of his attacks per plate.
Castform has a boost with his form changes adding STAB to some attacks and boosting his signature attack.
Wormadam all have different stats depending on form when they evolve into their current form.
Cherrim gains a boost when it changes form.
The Genie trio all have stat redistribution making them stronger in newer areas than before.

Other than Rotom and Kyurem, they all don't change in original strength as their base stats don't change, but thanks to the stat changes involved or indirect boosts due to required items and abilities they are made stronger while in their new forms.

Closest relation to the Mega Stone is Giratina, a hold Item that is required for the form change and thanks to the hold Item the Pokemon specific to it gains a boost. Its no different than any form change before in terms of how it effects the dynamics of a Pokemon. Only differences is in what we call it and the amount of different Pokemon that share the same ability.

Unless a form change is completely aesthetic like Unown, Keldeo, Shellos, Basculin, Pichu, Spinda, Deerling, and Sawsbuck, they have some kind of effect on the Pokemon's battle performance. (though most of these are variants and not special forms. Arceus and Genesect are both considered Variant forms though since their items boost their signature attacks and since Arceus gets more bonuses from his plates I'll include them as traditional form changes for this.)

I left off a few...didn't really see a point in naming every single pokemon for this.
Muks half fairy! its been confirmed :o

Please don't just make things up on a whim. No Muk has not been confirmed to be anything but Pure Poison. The only confirmed Fairy Pokemon are:

Sylveon
Xerneas
Spritzee
Swirlix
Gardevoir
Marill
Mawile
Flabebe
Dedenne
Jigglypuff

Nothing else has been said to be Fairy Type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There are other forms that increase a Pokemon's strength is some way, shape or form.

Giratina has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Shaymin has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Deoxys has 3 stat shifts, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas depending on his form.
Rotom gain additional stats.
Kyurem gains additional stats.
Arceus (while not officially a form change) increases the power of his attacks per plate.
Castform has a boost with his form changes adding STAB to some attacks and boosting his signature attack.
Wormadam all have different stats depending on form when they evolve into their current form.
Cherrim gains a boost when it changes form.
The Genie trio all have stat redistribution making them stronger in newer areas than before.

Other than Rotom and Kyurem, they all don't change in original strength as their base stats don't change, but thanks to the stat changes involved or indirect boosts due to required items and abilities they are made stronger while in their new forms.

Closest relation to the Mega Stone is Giratina, a hold Item that is required for the form change and thanks to the hold Item the Pokemon specific to it gains a boost. Its no different than any form change before in terms of how it effects the dynamics of a Pokemon. Only differences is in what we call it and the amount of different Pokemon that share the same ability.

Unless a form change is completely aesthetic like Unown, Keldeo, Shellos, Basculin, Pichu, Spinda, Deerling, and Sawsbuck, they have some kind of effect on the Pokemon's battle performance. (though most of these are variants and not special forms. Arceus and Genesect are both considered Variant forms though since their items boost their signature attacks and since Arceus gets more bonuses from his plates I'll include them as traditional form changes for this.)

I left off a few...didn't really see a point in naming every single pokemon for this.

Please don't just make things up on a whim. No Muk has not been confirmed to be anything but Pure Poison. The only confirmed Fairy Pokemon are:

Sylveon
Xerneas
Spritzee
Swirlix
Gardevoir
Marill
Mawile
Flabebe
Dedenne
Jigglypuff

Nothing else has been said to be Fairy Type.
I expect Megas to be like Rotom's formes in increase of stats.

Also I expect there to be more Fairy type retcons, hopefully we'll get the full list of the retcon this month.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I expected this to be the best generation so far, and I think it's safe to say I'm right
I don't know I think their is a big difference between form changes and mega evolutions.
I'm not sure but it seems that each pokemon form either keeps that stats the same or redistribute them ( for instance taking away from attack to give to special attack) but it seems mega evolutions will just increase the pokemons base stats just like a normal evolution

Also there seems to be some bonding requirements in order to use the evolutions so this is something similar to how enough exp will allow a pokemon to evolve. Now with form changes besides maybe a move and the obiviouse item or object their are no other requirements to change forms

I think we should respect Game Freak and call them what they are megaevolution .
I think calling them form changes is the same as calling form changes evolutions

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
A Dark-type Gym. I think they've been hesitant to have one because then all the types would have gyms and there wouldn't be any more sense of "un-fulfillment" left in terms of Pokémon gyms. However, now since we have Fairy, we can let Fairy be the type without a Gym for a while and allow Dark to finally get one.

Guy

just a guy
Years
At the beginning I had a lot of wishlists for what I would have or have not wanted to be in the games. Overtime, however, I just became less focused on what I wanted and more focused on what was already there and the possibilities that could come from them. Turns out, there were a lot of surprises and a lot of things added that I didn't even know I wanted until it happened. So, I'm just going with the flow and taking what GameFreak gives, because so far everything about this generation has been pretty exciting.

Wouldn't mind finally getting that Dark-type gym though!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
I kinda hope for more 3 vs 3 battles. Also one thing that i have always wanted was a hard mode sometimes i think it gets too easy but I guess that is just me

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
•Make competitive easier to get into. I hope that Super Training won't be the only thing.

•Revisions of the type chart, similar to how Gen II revised it. Seriously, look at how many drastic changes they made, such as Bug/Poison used to be 4x against each other, but now they resist/neutral each other. I don't think burdening the Fairy type with fixing everything in the type chart would make sense. This is the perfect time to change the type chart again.

•I expect there to be a sequel with a separate plot and time-leap just like there was in BW2. Otherwise, I honestly would not buy XY and just for the Platinum-like 3rd version.

•Similar to how Team Plasma's goals degraded after the time-leap and they just became common crooks (with a more shallow plot in BW2), I hope the opposite will happen with Team Flare. They'll slowly build up some money as common crooks in XY, only to become a force to be reckoned with in the sequel. Either this or defeat Team Flare entirely to be replace with a Team synonym-Water in the sequel. Given Gamefreak's trend of writing villain groups with greater goals of being common crooks, it's hard to expect them not to be planning something.

I expect Sycamore to be bad guy! You always gotta be wary of the handsome ones... His friendliness in giving you a starter kinda debunks this expectation.

•I want there to be an auto-Running Shoes feature, just like in HGSS. Holding the B button gets tiresome.

•An in-game way to grow berries and obtain hidden abilities.

•Early game breeding.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
•Make competitive easier to get into. I hope that Super Training won't be the only thing.

•Revisions of the type chart, similar to how Gen II revised it. Seriously, look at how many drastic changes they made, such as Bug/Poison used to be 4x against each other, but now they resist/neutral each other. I don't think burdening the Fairy type with fixing everything in the type chart would make sense. This is the perfect time to change the type chart again.

•I expect there to be a sequel with a separate plot and time-leap just like there was in BW2. Otherwise, I honestly would not buy XY and just for the Platinum-like 3rd version.

•Similar to how Team Plasma's goals degraded after the time-leap and they just became common crooks (with a more shallow plot in BW2), I hope the opposite will happen with Team Flare. They'll slowly build up some money as common crooks in XY, only to become a force to be reckoned with in the sequel. Either this or defeat Team Flare entirely to be replace with a Team synonym-Water in the sequel. Given Gamefreak's trend of writing villain groups with greater goals of being common crooks, it's hard to expect them not to be planning something.

I expect Sycamore to be bad guy! You always gotta be wary of the handsome ones... His friendliness in giving you a starter kinda debunks this expectation.

•I want there to be an auto-Running Shoes feature, just like in HGSS. Holding the B button gets tiresome.

•An in-game way to grow berries and obtain hidden abilities.

•Early game breeding.

Apparently now you press B for walking! That's convenient, but what will we need, walking shoes?{XD}

Years
I have huge expectations for these games - and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Mainly because I don't want to be disappointed if there are certain things that I want that aren't there. :(

But anyway, I think that this game could quite possible be the best game in the entire series. The graphics are insane, the gameplay mechanics are incredible, and the new innovative features are brave and welcome. Everything that they've announced thus far is everything that I've wanted in these new games.​

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
im hoping for a scene like in emerald where rayquaza came while kyogre and groudon. i want a scene like that because the 3D in it will it totally freakin aweasome like ill be like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Years
I'll love a scene like that. I enjoyed the Giratina scene in Pt and the Tao dragons scenes in BWB2W2 (RZ's awakening and Kyurem turning to it's formes)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm hoping for a story on par with the Unova games. Something that is both emotional and personal as well as huge and epic. I feel like storytelling is getting more and more important in the main pokémon games for every generation. Definitely a good path for GameFreak to take.

Years
I'm expecting one of the water starters MegaEvolutions to have Drizzle. I'm guessing Swampert right now but it could also fit Feraligatr or even Empeleon.

Back