• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Passive aggressive (OU RMT)

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
Ok so i like walling and stalling so i made a stall team.

LEAD
Aerodactyl (RokDatFlyz)
Jolly
Focus Sash
252 att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Stone edge
~ Taunt
Decent lead, what can i say? im currently looking for a better one so im really open to suggestions, but i really need stealth rocks up early.

Paralyzer/annoyer/anti-bliss
Celebi (Celebad, not to be confused with Sinbad the sailor)
Natural cure
Bold
252def/ 4SpA/ 252 Hp
Hp Fire
Leech seed
thunderwave
Grass Knot
So this pokemon is pretty nice, im quite impressed with it actually because Hp fire sometimes catches some scizors unaware. Plus leech seed scares away blissey. thunderwave is a good move =)

Phazer/wall
Snorlax (I PASS GAS)
Thick Fat
Leftovers
careful
252 hp/ 152 def/ 104 SpD
Body slam
Stockpile
Rest
Whirlwind
The idea is this, stockpile then switch them around until i can body slam them to death. Usually i bring this out after its counters/enemy phazers are paralyzed or gone.Rest for recovery.

Phazer/Wall
Suicune (Mulletcune)
Pressure
Bold
Leftovers
252 def/ 252 hp/4SpA
Surf
Rest
Roar
Calm Mind
Crocunes counters like vaporeon think they're safe against crocune, but i have roar which limits the amount of havoc setting up pokemon can do against crocune. However instead of being vulnerable to pokemon that set up now im vulnerable while asleep. I can deal with that however.

Spin Blocker ( I actually need this for this team)
Rotom wash (WishyWashy)
Levitate
leftovers
Bold
252 def/252 HP/4 hp
Sleep talk
Will-o-wisp
Rest
discharge
-Spin blocker- Some times tricks people into believing it has hydro pump

Jirachi
Serene Grace
Jolly
Leftovers
252 Spe/152 Hp/104 Att
Secret Power
Swagger
Iron head
Psych up
This thing has saved me so much psych up is a fantastic move, saves me against crocunes and in general slow pokemon that set up.
The basic idea is to induce parafusion then psych up the att boost
Secret power instead of Thunderwave because Jirachi's common switch ins are usually ground type. (flygon)

Thats the team

Now for the type Coverage
Aerodactyl (deceased by the end of the 3rd turn probably)
Jirachi ( dragon resist/steel resist)

Celebi (covers suicunes electric and grass weakness as well as snorlax's fighting weakness and Jirachi's ground weakness)

Suicune (covers the fire weakness of the team also stops infernape fairly well)

Snorlax ( covers the ghost weakness of rotom and celebi as well as celebi's ice weakness and fire weakness)

Rotom-W (covers the fighting weakness of snorlax and the ground weakness of jirachi)
Rate away any comments welcome

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
This isn't really a stall team at all, it's more bulky offensive, since you aren't try to cause damage indirectly with entry hazards. And honestly, with all of the gimmicky sets and just generally outdated stuff, I don't really think you are going to fare well at all with this team.

CroCune has just become completely outdated now, that honestly it can barely do it's job anymore. It's stopped cold by the common Vaporeon (Who you can't even force out with Cune), and it's still outstalled by Blissey that use Seismic Toss (As most of them do).

Your Snorlax set, which is a gimmick at best, isn't going to work at all either. Any ghost can just switch in and stop you flat out. You can't PHaze them away forever anyways, and you're still going to get worn down by foe entry hazards and attacks, even with Rest. It just isn't going to work out.

Honestly, I would just scrap this team and restart from the beginning. I mean not only isn't there good synergy to start with, but you are extremely stall weak, and everything Resting everywhere is just give them opportunities to set up their own entry hazards.

That Jirachi gimmick isn't going to work against any good competitive battler either. The second you hit them with Swagger, they WILL switch out, and you just gave them a free switch by using Psych Up. I honestly don't know who you are battling, but they can't be very good if that strategy is working. Plus using Secret Power over Thunder Wave just because of Ground switch-ins isn't worth it.

I don't really understand why you're using a suicide lead on a bulky offensive team either: they just don't fit. Most bulky offensive teams want a lead that can set up Stealth Rock, and has the ability to switch back in later and do some damage, instead of just setting up Stealth Rock and dying. On a team like this, it's a waste of a team slot.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
Can't i force out both blissey and vaporeon with roar on the crocune

And the strategy with jirachi is to use swagger then secret power, then swagger to see if they switch out, much the way double status works except they compound.
Oh yeah and what if i predict they switch out and use swagger again, or secret power,

don't say that a set that requires prediction is bad because you think the person is can't predict

And while i can't phaze away ghosts forever i can damage the more offensive team mates with stealth rock+ whirlwind and snorlax's defenses after even one stockpile are formidable, and when snorelax hits the dust finally i'll be at an advantage. plus if hax is working for me i can paralyze most of that person's team with body slam.

though i do agree with the suicide lead is outdated and i am looking for a replacement (said in the original post) but you didn't post a replacement i guess...

I don't really get how the team doesn't have synergy I even did a coverage chart at the bottom.

I'm a little confused by post as you can see, you say the sets are outdated but you haven't posted what pokemon runs through this team.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Can't i force out both blissey and vaporeon with roar on the crocune

And the strategy with jirachi is to use swagger then secret power, then swagger to see if they switch out, much the way double status works except they compound.
Oh yeah and what if i predict they switch out and use swagger again, or secret power,

don't say that a set that requires prediction is bad because you think the person is can't predict

Arguing that your set is valid with prediction doesn't work because the other player can predict too. And he's not saying it's bad because he thinks a player can't predict; he's saying it's bad because it's bad.

Yes, you can force out blissey and vaporeon out with roar but they can just keep coming back to wall you entirely. Forcing a counter out doesn't stop it from coming back in.

nickoftime said:
...and when snorelax hits the dust finally i'll be at an advantage.

uhh, no, you'll be down a pokemon.

nickoftime said:
I don't really get how the team doesn't have synergy I even did a coverage chart at the bottom.

Synergy does not equal type-matching.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Synergy does not equal type-matching.

This this this this this.

Synergy isn't about covering type effectiveness, it's all about using a strategy. You want to use lures that can break down one Pokemon's counters to allow it an easier time sweeping. For example, using a Specs Lucario (Whereas post expect SD) to switch in, let's say, a Rotom or Skarmory, and attack with Special Attacks wheres them down to the point where it's much easier for a SD Scizor to come in, set up, and sweep.

And roaring stuff away doesn't beat them, especially when they have, you know, direct recovery and can just wall you completely and endlessley, whereas even with Sleep Talk, not only can't you hit them, you can and will run out of PP.

And Vrai said it perfectly: You can't use prediction in these cases, because the other person can do it as well. Besides, even if you do predict correctly and land another Swagger, they can still switch out again and make it completely useless. Sure, you might get lucky and get Para with Secret Power (And TWave is still superior btw), but that strategy won't work because no one is going to stay in on the confusion.

I didn't suggest anything to add over because I'd essentially just be replacing your entire team. There is just absolutely no synergy here, and it isn't worth it to revamp a team where it is honestly a better idea to start from scratch. But if you're dead set against doing so, I'll at least give you a new lead (As I had one in mind already XD)

Metagross@Occa Berry
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
248 HP/232 Atk/28 Spe

• Stealth Rock
  • Earthquake
  • Bullet Punch
  • Explosion
Bulky SRer for you, and it acts as a secondary steel for you to absorb Dragon moves. The problem with doing this though, is that you are now open to Fire attacks even further (3 Pokemon weak isn't really okay when only one is resisting), and this is just getting to revamping the entire team: Changing one thing is automatically going to lead to changing another. It's honestly just going to be easier to start over.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Jake♫ said:
Stuff about CroCune losing to Vap and Bliss

No it doesnt. Pressure destroys both and it should be using Toxic Spikes, Spikes and SR to support it. (Which this team isnt for some silly reason).

Edit:

And @ OP that set isnt even CroCune. Its called "CM Shuffle" CroCune has Sleep Talk over Roar.

Back