• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash Flood:Rain Dance Team RMT

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
As the title suggests, I've come up with a rain dance team. After lurking around on Smogon for a bit, I think this team is decent, at least.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Technician

EVs:12 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Spe

Moves:Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Superpower, U-turn

The Smogon Scarf Scizor set. Scarab scouts the opposing team for threats. Not much else to say. He benefits from Rain Dance since it weakens fire type moves.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Adamant
Dry Skin

Evs:200 HP, 148 Atk, 104 Spe

Moves:Brick Break, Sucker Punch, Ice Punch, Rain Dance

Honestly, I'm not fond of giving Croaker Rain Dance. I made the Ev spread wanting him to stay in battle long enough to actually get Rain Dance up. If he does, then, along with Black Sludge, he can heal a good chunk of his HP each turn. Still, I'd like some suggestions on who in this team should have Rain Dance, if not Toxicroak.

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Jolly
Swift Swim

Evs:252 Atk, 48 Def, 204 Spe

Moves:Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge

The Focus Sash and Defense are extra insurance so Scar can set up SR, while at the same time removing any entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Aqua Jet has priority and STAB, while Stone Edge just has STAB. The jolly nature gives him that little extra push to make up for the evs that go in defense. Swift Swim helps alot as well.

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Swift Swim

Evs:4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

Moves:Outrage, Dragon Dance, Substitute, Waterfall

Basic physical sweeper EV spread. Lum berry is to cure any statuses before Tsunami gets substitute up. While protected by said substitute, he pulls off a Dragon Dance or two and proceeds to sweep with STAB Outrage and Waterfall.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Calm
Soundproof

Evs:252 HP, 40 SpD, 216 Spe

Moves: Psychic, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, Substitute

Alright, you're most likely feeling some trepidation here, but hear me out. Mr. Mime is a great baton passer and a decent special wall. This is the Smogon set, and I think Magio here will work pretty well with this team. But if you have a suggestion for another baton passer who could hopefully benefit from Rain Dance like everyone above, I'm all ears.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Modest
Volt Absorb

Evs:4 Hp, 252 SpA, Spe 252

Moves:Signal Beam, ThunderBolt, Hidden Power Ice, Shadow Ball

The special sweeper of the team. Signal Beam covers psychics, grass, and dark types, though I want to put something over it. Thunderbolt for STAB, obviously. Hidden Power Ice covers Nimbus' ground type weakness as well as dragons. And Shadow Ball is for ghost types.

Team Synergy

The team works pretty well together, I believe. If I see any Electric type moves flying at Scar, Nimbus comes in to absorb it. Magio actually takes care of Croaker's counters, such as Weezing, pretty well. But again, I'm willing to replace those two for better a Rain Dance user and Baton Passer.

Let the brutal ratings begin.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Where is the Rain Dance...I don't see it...Oh there it is. Under Toxicroak. But do you seriously think one Rain Dance on a frail Pokemon like Toxicroak will last the entire battle? Even if you defeat one Pokemon every turn, the Rain will still run out before you beat the last Pokemon.

The magic number is 3. All Rain Dance teams should have 3 Pokemon with Rain Dance.

Let's rate the Pokemon:

SCIZOR
Don't use the Choice Scarf set for this team. Scizor is actually a great Rain Dancer because of its ability to U-Turn to teammates after setting up the Rain.

Scizor @Damp Rock
Adamant
Technician
200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Rain Dance
-Roost

KABUTOPS

NO, do not use the lead set on a Rain Dance team. Kabutops should focus on sweeping and nothing else. Jolly is unneeded as a power boost is more valuable.

Kabutops @Life Orb
Adamant
Swift Swim
72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd

-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance

KINGDRA

Mixed sweeper Kingdra would work better, since it isn't walled as easily.

Kingdra @Life Orb
Naughty
Swift Swim
252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Spd

-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Draco Meteor

MR. MIME

Mr. Mime is absoluetly USELESS on this team. It does not benefit from the Rain in any way, shape, or form. Baton Passing is an absolute waste of time.
Get rid of it ASAP!

Use another Rain Dance sweeper:

Ludicolo @Life Orb
Modest
Swift Swim
60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spd

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Rain Dance

It can also give you another Rain Dancer.

JOLTEON

Seriously? You're using Jolteon on a Rain Team and you're not using THUNDER?
Replace Thunderbolt with Thunder. Timid nature is needed ALWAYS. Jolteon does not have Swift Swim so it needs all the Speed it can get.

Anyways, I don't see a good lead for your team, so let's create one:

Azelf @Damp Rock
Jolly
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Spd

-Stealth Rock
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Explosion

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back