Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2015 (05:18 PM).
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
Guess who does have strep throat anymore~? I should be getting a post up soon. :3

Thanks for everything today. Tomorrow I'll go to heaven. Please be my friends until the very end.
Old January 17th, 2015 (05:39 PM). Edited January 19th, 2015 by Gelius3.
Gelius3
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
Name: Gelius Brown

Nickname: Geli

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: (The hat is black... I can't believe that this was on Google images. If you notice is my character image from Voyage Grandeur. i had no more images)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 150 word minimum

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 350 word minimum

Pokémon:

Species: Sneasel
Nickname:
Personality: (To be added)
Lvl: 30
Moves: Iron Tail, Foul Play, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Surf, Blizzard

Species: Lombre
Nickname: Sombrero
Lvl: 25
Moves: Zen Headbutt, Hydro Pump, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Drain Punch

Species: Torchic
Nickname: Volcano
Lvl: 19
Moves: Night Slash, Heat Wave, Fire Pledge, Flame Burst, Bounce, Crush Claw

Will finish later...
Old January 17th, 2015 (10:07 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@Shaymie: Glad to have you back!~ If you can find someone else that wants to man-fight in the tournament I won't penalize you for joining late.

@Gelius3:
My new OTP
Old January 18th, 2015 (10:13 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I have added a bit more to Ariane's history because I thought the male trust issues was too big to leave out. I also fixed some things in her Personality.
Old January 18th, 2015 (01:08 PM).
Gelius3
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@Gelius3:
My new OTP
Wait what? Why an Espurr?
Old January 18th, 2015 (02:38 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I think it is because the eyes match closely :p
Old January 18th, 2015 (03:18 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Gelius3: It's the eyes. He's giving me espurr eyes and I wanted to see what it would look like with him next to Espurr; I decided to share it~ (If that's unintentional, my advice would be to 'cut off' either either the top of the eyes with eyebrows, the bottom of the eyes with cheekbones or both. It's not relevant to your app being accepted, though.)
Old January 20th, 2015 (09:46 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Heya guys. I have changed the appearance picture for Dalex to better match him. It is still not a very good match, but much better than the last. I have also made these fun little 'Trainer Cards' that I will be using. Will eventually add them to my signature when I can get them small enough without them being too big and don't look too small.

Spoiler:

Old January 21st, 2015 (12:00 AM).
Varys the Galvantula
Varys is the real hero

Nature: Adamant
To anyone who wanted to interact with Haru, he's in the plains, and just caught a Cubone.
Old January 24th, 2015 (08:18 AM).
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
Right! After a lengthy absence, I have returned, and I have decided to apply with a brand new character. Here goes!

Character Details:
Spoiler:
Name: Sellis Yeoman

Nickname: N/A.

Dorm: Entei Dorm.

Appearance:
A tall boy for his age, Sellis is perhaps likely to stick out like a sore thumb amongst some of his compatriots, perhaps due to his thick accent and rather colourful head of bright, sun-bleached, yellow blonde hair that if at all inspected, can be seen to bear a darker colour at the roots. It’s a tad too long to be allowed to sit on his head uncombed, but not long enough to be tamed by some form of hair-band, so instead sits in a scruffy mess that winds up looking rather endearing when coupled with his other visual features. The boy’s skin is lightly bronzed as is typical of those with a history like his, and his face is lightly freckled along his nose and the tops of his cheeks. His eyes are wide, bright and a lovely emerald colour, his gaze a tad interfered with by the fringe of the mess atop his head. Sellis' minimalist affectation is perhaps best conveyed by his very clothing alone. He wears a simple beige shirt atop him, buttoned and bearing short sleeves. His legs bear a pair of denim jeans, but are rolled up to just below his knees, making them look more like strange shorts to the naked eye. Should the weather call for it, he can usually be seen wearing a large knitted sweater, far too large for his body-size, and a

Personality:
Sellis is nothing if not outgoing. Boisterous and rough, the boy loves to get physical with nearly all aspects of his life, and to be noisy while doing it. Simply put, the classic mix of an athlete and motor mouth. This is perhaps the simplest way of thinking about it to an outside viewer, and for the most part Sellis likes to keep it that way. He loves to show others how strong, fit and good he is at anything he tries, almost effortlessly. Though Sellis does indeed take enjoyment in the praise he receives upon doing so, he does it not so much for the attention he receives but for the knowledge that he really is as good as he thinks he is. Rather than doubt himself, Sellis is deathly afraid that perhaps other don’t think of him so well as they say they do, and has borne an underlying distrust of people as a result(even if he wouldn’t like to admit it). What’s more, his effortless victories and accomplishments aren’t so effortless as many think, with a great deal of worry going into everything that Sellis doesn’t immediately find simple, such as reading, mathematics and more or less any other form of academics, which is why he does his best to stay away from them or else get by on a decent grade. Bearing also the mindset of his parenting, he is almost instantly disrespectful to those he deems unworthy of such (according to the rules of his own rustic teaching), regardless of them being students, teachers or Pokémon.

History :
Sellis was born on a decently sized ranch out on the fringe of Solaceon town to a pair of doting parents. The rather small community in the tiny small town that lay just off the beaten path left Sellis rather out of touch with the rest of Sinnoh, just as his parents and community were. While a little backwards, the town was friendly to strangers none-the-less, and large personalities passing through were usually a rather big deal to the town. Such it was that Sellis got to meet none other than Crasher Wake, the gym leader of Pastoria City. Enthralled, Sellis became fascinated by the idea of Pokémon battles from the young age of four, but was stymied by the information that he couldn’t battle with his already healthy Skiddo until the age of ten. While his life certainly didn’t focus solely upon Pokémon until that point, Sellis continued to play and train with his own skiddo without ever battling once until the fateful day of his tenth birthday. By that age, Sellis had already given birth to a growing reputation as a rather gifted youngster amongst the townspeople, capable of ranching rather large herds of pokemon at the age of eight and winning nearly every athletic competition held within the town. His parents were not only delighted, but compounded this by encouraging the idea that he was in fact a child prodigy, something that did not at all help the growing boy’s ego, to the point that when he turned ten, the first thing he did was take his Skiddo and challenge the town’s most famed trainer(that had actually stuck around in the sleepy old town) and managed to beat him. A day later, Sellis set off on his own journey to make the Pokémon world his own, and along the way he managed to catch more Pokémon on his journeys to the large cities and towns that oft left him speechless with their size and grandeur. In the two years following his adventure, Sellis managed to acquire two of the Sinnoh badges before growing bored with such things, feeling the challenge to be little to non-existent, and instead focussed on exploring, only battling every now and then whenever he felt like doing so. Unexpectedly, his journey in Sinnoh ended with his arrival to Jubilife city, where he came across a rather impressive advertisement for the ‘Pokémon academy’. Completely enraptured by the idea in a manner that he hadn’t experienced since his introduction to the concept of Pokémon battling half a decade before. Adamant to join, it took a month or so before he managed to secure his place, and finally, he set off to make his way to his new life and adventure, expectation and fire in his heart.

Pokémon:
Spoiler:
Species: Skiddo
Nickname: Willy
Personality: Over the top and as incessantly active as Sellis, to the point where he
never seems to run out of energy. He's an extremely proud pokemon, who rarely if ever
manages to befriend other pokemon due to his endless challenging and sizing up.
The closest thing to that would probably be Mary, who manages to keep up with him and
so has taken to a sort of rivalry with the Skiddo.
Lvl: 23
Moves: Roar, Bulk Up, Return, Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Worry Seeds.

Species: Mareep
Nickname: Mary
Personality: While not exactly active or lazy herself, Mary certainly holds her place
as a middle-point between Willy and Tom rather well, being the pokemon that can keep
up with the skiddo while simply leaving the stunky alone. Alas, she is more prone to
simply acting affectionately towards most, enjoying the shared positivity of herself
and those who reciprocate her kindness. Also hates Cheri Berries. Keep away at all
costs.
Lvl: 21
Moves: Tackle, Cotton Spore, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock.

Species: Stunky
Nickname: Tom
Personality: A very placid pokemon who generally prefers to be left alone, spending
most of it's time sleeping or inspecting things it finds curious. Has a tendency
to gas anyone that annoys it, usually Willy, to Sellis'continued frustration.
Lvl: 19
Moves: Hone Claws, Poison Gas, Fury Swipes, Smokescreen, Pursuit

- Beheaded Kamikaze; Serious Sam 3.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:31 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Batel: Sorry about the wait. I was looking for a second opinion. Your app doesn't look bad! There were some concerns raised about how "gifted" he is, though. It's never quite explained how exactly he is gifted. The fact that he was capable of taking a skiddo that has never battled before and beating the best trainer in his town is slightly alarming. Were all the particularly good trainers out of town that day? Was this trainer named "Ash Ketchum on a bad day"? I want to know more about how he does these seemingly amazing things, as this feels like an important detail.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:12 PM).
Batel
A nothing.

@Yellow: Yeah, reading back over it there's some specifics left out in regards to his history. Looking at it's actually a little embarrassing as is. How I'd designed the character was for him to have bloated ego. My intention was to imply that he wasn't really as good as his history said he was, though I am bloody sure that the line about his first battle is an egregious power-play, and having written it actually makes me feel like I'm a fourteen year old again. In regards to his 'gifts', it's absolute tripe. The kid's a little more gifted at ranching and running, but he's no-where near as good at anything else as anyone else, he just talks a big game, is supported by over-eager parents and has gotten lucky a lot, which is why he's never even bothered to go for more than two badges. His ego is massive for no real reason. Here's the edited version.

Spoiler:
Sellis was born on a decently sized ranch out on the fringe of Solaceon town to a pair of doting parents. The rather small community in the tiny small town that lay just off the beaten path left Sellis rather out of touch with the rest of Sinnoh, just as his parents and community were. While a little backwards, the town was friendly to strangers none-the-less, and large personalities passing through were usually a rather big deal to the town. Such it was that Sellis got to meet none other than Crasher Wake, the gym leader of Pastoria City. Enthralled, Sellis became fascinated by the idea of Pokémon battles from the young age of four, but was stymied by the information that he couldn’t battle with his already healthy Skiddo until the age of ten. While his life certainly didn’t focus solely upon Pokémon until that point, Sellis continued to play and train with his own skiddo without ever battling once until the fateful day of his tenth birthday. By that age, Sellis had already given birth to a growing reputation as a rather 'gifted' youngster amongst the townspeople, capable of ranching rather large herds of pokemon at the age of eight and winning nearly every athletic competition held within the town. His parents were not only delighted, but compounded this by encouraging the idea that he was in fact a child prodigy in terms of athletics and all else, something that did not at all help the growing boy’s ego(his skills completely blown out of proportion by this point), to the point that when he turned ten, the first thing he did was take his Skiddo and challenge the first trainer he met(an old man and his Buizel) and managed to beat him. A day later, Sellis set off on his own journey to make the Pokémon world his own, and along the way he managed to catch more Pokémon on his journeys to the large cities and towns that oft left him speechless with their size and grandeur. In the two years following his adventure, Sellis managed to acquire two of the Sinnoh badges before growing bored with such things, feeling the challenge to be little to non-existent(despite his relatively non-existent experience), and instead focussed on exploring, only battling every now and then whenever he felt like doing so. Unexpectedly, his journey in Sinnoh ended with his arrival to Jubilife city, where he came across a rather impressive advertisement for the ‘Pokémon academy’. Completely enraptured by the idea in a manner that he hadn’t experienced since his introduction to the concept of Pokémon battling half a decade before. Adamant to join, it took a month or so before he managed to secure his place, and finally, he set off to make his way to his new life and adventure, expectation and fire in his heart.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:38 AM).
Varys the Galvantula
Varys is the real hero

I have no idea to proceed once I captured that Cubone. Does anybody want to interact with Haru?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:43 AM).
Synthet

Nature: Careful
A *lot* of people are tied up in the tournament right now, so it's a tricky time to find people to interact with - I'm not sure exactly who would be free. Maybe you could write a post detailing Haru getting to know his Cubone a little better? Introducing it to his other Pokemon, learning its moves etc.

It may not be the most exciting of posts, but it lays good groundwork for posts involving Cubone in the future and keeps you busy while the tournament continues.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (08:49 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote originally posted by Varys the Galvantula:
I have no idea to proceed once I captured that Cubone. Does anybody want to interact with Haru?
My character Dalex is currently between the Mountains in the Academy if you want to head over that way. Probably should read my last post though before you do. He is on his way back to the tournament for now.

Though, if you start talking to me, the first part of the post may not be toward you, but I'll notice you after the first part of my post. As the first part will be the last thing I planned to do in my own character development for the IC day.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (05:53 PM).
Varys the Galvantula
Varys is the real hero

All right, ill have haru go there and maybe proceed to the tournament afterwards.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:16 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Batel: I'm honestly having a difficult time telling what was changed. vwv That being said, I also haven't been able to get a second opinion. Was there anything else besides the identity of the trainer he fought that changed? What about the rest of the trainers and these other unexplained gifts he has?
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:19 PM).
Batel
A nothing.

Right, as I can't seem to convey the character correctly by way of application, I've retooled him. Hope this is a little better for you!

Spoiler:
Personality:
Sellis is nothing if not incorrigible. A rather contented young boy, he doesn’t often seem to hold himself or anyone else to a particularly high standard, leaving judgment at the door for the most part. He holds responsibility high within his heart, never leaving his duties behind him, but rarely if ever takes upon responsibility of his own accord. While not inherently lazy, the boy holds few aspirations in his heart, preferring the simpler things to keep him happy and entertained. This lack of high target causes him too often to grow somewhat irritated by all of the fast moving folks around him, who may mark him as unintelligent due to his simplistic sentiment and attitude, something which he hates. Furthermore, while a wholly quiet and amiable fellow, the boy is more than prone to brushing off slights and insults on the surface, but this often takes a toll upon his wellbeing, leaving him a bottle for the negativity projected upon him to explode, often with poor results for him more than anyone else.

History :
Sellis was born on a decently sized ranch out on the fringe of Solaceon town to a pair of doting parents. The rather small community in the tiny small town that lay just off the beaten path left Sellis rather out of touch with the rest of Sinnoh, just as his parents and community were. While a little backwards, the town was friendly to strangers’ none-the-less, and large personalities passing through were usually a rather big deal to the town. With a pair of relatively affluent parents raising him, Sellis never quite had to worry about anything but chores and school growing up, with friends being scarce but for two other children, the excitable Kelly and the ever dour Ronald. While the three friends got on rather well, the other two were always a lot more interested in battling when they got older, where Sellis simply played and raised his own skiddo. So it was at the age of ten that both Kelly and Ronald set off on their own Pokémon journeys, leaving Sellis behind to continue raising his Pokémon quietly, albeit now alone and rather sombre with the lack of friends in his life. While he was a strong young boy and had proven already by the age of twelve to be shaping up to be an effective heir to taking the reins of their farm when the time came, Sellis’ parents instead seemed to be inclined that his future lay elsewhere. Egging him on, his parents insisted the boy take to a new adventure beyond the borders of their ranch. While he had no intention before of travelling out into the world, Sellis agreed as usual, deciding that meeting new people wouldn’t be so bad after all. He travelled from Solaceon with a pack fat with supplies soon after, happy to travel the world seeing sights (though he avoided the marshes, as he hated the rain). In his travels, he was once encouraged to face one gym leader, an effort which proved successful after he faced one defeat, leaving him with the Rustboro Gym badge before he eventually arrived in Jubilife city. There, he found word of a strange academy across the sea, and discovered that his old friends were also attending, albeit had arrived some time ago. Deciding to enrol himself, Sellis finally managed to secure a place and set off on his next adventure, seeking his friends once more.

And a change to Skiddo to reflect those changes to Sellis.

Spoiler:
Species: Skiddo
Nickname: Willy
Personality: Over the top and incessantly active, to the point where he
never seems to run out of energy. He's an extremely proud pokemon, who rarely if ever
manages to befriend other pokemon due to his endless challenging and sizing up.
The closest thing to that would probably be Mary, who manages to keep up with him and
so has taken to a sort of rivalry with the Skiddo.
Lvl: 23
Moves: Roar, Bulk Up, Return, Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Worry Seeds.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:39 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Batel: This new history works well for me. The one problem remaining is that his skiddo knows 7 moves~ Fix that and feel free to join in!
Old 1 Week Ago (07:57 PM).
Arceus10000
Radical Battical

Nature: Timid

Name: Bismarck König (Koenig)

Nickname: Bisy, K-Man

Dorm: Suicune

Personality:
Bismarck has always been a very kind, caring soul—always trying his best to put others before him like his parents and religious beliefs had long instilled in him. People have always come to him in times of need for mental support, and really, he’s never minded being a supporter. His keen interest in the nature of humans and the way they work has always fueled this passion for helping others, as through seeing the issues that others face mentally, he’s able to add to his knowledge of the human psyche and keep his own state of thought in tip-top shape; however, his mind has a big problem with disconnecting emotionally. Not on a sociopathic level by any means, but on a level where the care and attention he provides to others would plummet to almost null occasionally. He also had a weakness for premature judgment based on skill level, effort, and other such items. Finding this judgment absurd is something he would have considered, but his instinct that founded these ideas had been proven accurate too many times for him to be dissuaded without solid evidence.

When it comes to understanding, though, a complete contradiction was found: he was far too understanding of the plights that others came to face. Of course, this only fueled his knack for caring for others, but it was also the primary reason so many can came to him without feeling like they will be attacked. This trait of his found its foundation in some of his interests. Over the years he had that he didn’t like being judged for his interests, so why would he find it appropriate to judge another for something else? This question made mantra was something that he tried to keep in mind, when he actually got around to interacting with someone, but only within reason. Past all of this, though, was a droning lack of self-confidence. Despite his accomplishments in helping others with the same problem that was consistently befalling him, he still failed to keep himself from believing he was far less worthy than many others. Tagging alongside this is social anxiety, which is one thing he hoped to overcome by going to the Academy.

History:
Bismarck grew up in the almost forest-like city Fortree, home of the flying type gym leader Winona. His father and the tightly-knit community centered around a league’s gym were the primary inspirations for the young lad. Using the forest as his training grounds, his father, a trainer himself, taught Bismarck the art of battling, training, capturing, and raising Pokémon from start to finish. As you’d expect, though, his father’s knowledge was limited. Bismarck kept harshly training, studying, and then training and studying some more on his own in an attempt to become the best trainer he could be, and his father noted this. By the time he was ten and allowed to get his Pokémon license, his father knew he was ready for anything the world could throw at him. Buying him a set of Pokeballs and lending him a Pokémon of his own, Bismarck and his new burrowed-companion Dusclops were ready to set out on an adventure. What adventure, exactly? A small trip down to Mauville city, of course!

Within less than a week, he had arrived, but with no new Pokémon in tow. He begrudgingly made his way back to Fortree, thinking that he had failed some sort of “catch-a-Pokémon” exam, but upon his arrival, his father’s reaction inspired him to continue on this path forever: his father happily bestowed a Duskull to Bismarck for him to train and take on his journey to explore part of the region of Hoenn. Bismarck took this task in stride. With a lot of sweat and hard work, he made his way across the land, capturing two more Pokemon along the way, namely Swablu (with inspiration from Winona) and a Ralts turned Kirlia. Adventure over and experience gained, he returned shortly before his twelfth birthday to a father urging him to attempt entry into a new Pokémon academy. However, he felt that his skills were not up to par. Why would Gary Oak ever select someone like him? So, he spent another three years refining his craft before submitting himself for both the practical and written exams, which he would end up passing with flying colors.

Species: Duskull (Male)
Nickname: Geister

Lvl: 30
Moves: Night Shade, Dream Eater, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Protect
Personality:
Like one would expect a ghost to be, he’s quite reserved, unless he is caught up in the heat of battle. At this point, his focus is on the battle and the battle only, but as soon as it finishes, he returns to being a shy, but uncharacteristically caring ghost.

Species: Kirlia (Female)
Nickname: Astral
Lvl: 20
Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Thunderbolt, Magical Leaf, Teleport
Personality:
Although this psychic type was very shy in its younger years, as it progressed into a Kirlia, its attitude and personality shifted to a much more open and endearing form. Now-a-days, it always desires to be the center of attention, if it can help it

Species: Swablu (Male)
Nickname: Anu
Lvl: 18
Moves: Ice Beam, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dragon Rush, Haze, Roost
Personality:
Unlike Astral, this outgoing bird never quite had a shy stage. Its love for the sky and open air are only really matched by its desire to push itself to the front of its master’s attention. In order to do this, Anu always pushes himself to be the best he can be in battle and the most showy he can be outside of it.

(Everything below here is being kept merely for nostalgia's sake. Don't judge me for it, ばーばか)

Old league thing that I used to run
Old 1 Hour Ago (09:40 PM).
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Community Supporter

@Arceus10000: Your character looks nice! The one thing I thought to myself is that I found myself wanting to know more about his relationship with his father, just the smaller details of what their relationship was like really. Regardless, this is not information that is of consequence to him being accepted. I'm going to go ahead and accept Bismarck. c:
Old 33 Minutes Ago (10:38 PM).
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Hi everyone

Just posting to say I'm still alive. I trying to (hopefully) go back to my old posting habits, and I'm glad my character wasn't taken off (thanks Yellow :D). I plan to write something up on Monday/Tuesday. If not, I'll definitely do it on Thursday. If anyone is interested in hanging out with Ryan or re-introducing him to everything that's happening, don't hesitate to message.

I also have two main question - What are the main storylines/plost going on right now, and have there been any significant changes since I left?

Pairs - -
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links