• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*what do you do while you play pokemon?*

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
I'm sitting here eating tacos while I type this up. I made the tacos while holding up in an infinite loop in ORAS. The hardest part was grating the cheese one handed...

It got me thinking. What do you do while you play pokemon at the same time?

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
that's pretty skillful, making tacos with one hand :P
I usually just play and focus on the game, but when I'm breeding or something I'll maybe Skype friends, listen to music or something like that.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Make da tacos with 1 hand

I usually listen to music and pretend it's my epic background. The Elite Four flinch at my name, and the Champions quivers with fear, when I walk in being cool and playing a Pokemon Theme songs with an epic fully evolved starter by my side..... Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. XD
But I have also eaten, watched my little siblings in bath(I help out with my siblings a lot), played with my baby sister, pet a cat, fed a cat, and walked(le gasp) while playing Pokemon. I usually insult text my friends or if no kne replies make up personalities and stories for my team. XD That last reaskn is why I love Bibarel so much.......

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I bing-netflix lol everyday everytime. I need a background sound :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nowadays, I don't believe I do much things while playing Pokémon.

I used to go through games all the time when eating, but unfortunately, this would usually wind up causing some sort of mess to the console, which had eventually caused me to stop from doing that. Although I did clean up, none of it was actually a... good experience, so to speak, haha.

Every now and again, I suppose I chat with people while playing. This does cause distractions, but it also prevents you from being bored of whatever you're doing, if you know what I mean (trying to capture some legendary would be a good example).

Years
Tend to look up stuff while playing, and maybe watch a little TV.
Recently, I find myself playing while babysitting my nef. XD

Years
I chat with my best friend, watch tv n sometimes I'll eat a snack. I delt with Archie releasing Kyogre while munching an apple. I play pokemon on my phone while I do my lawn watering job. It really takes my mind off how boring it is.

I chat with my best friend, watch tv and sometimes I'll eat a snack. I delt with Archie releasing Kyogre while munching an apple. I play pokemon on my phone while I do my lawn watering job. It really takes my mind off how boring it is.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
If it's my first time playing the game, I'll immerse myself in the music of the game and read all the text of NPC's and stuff.

If I'm replaying the game or just breeding, training, or battling after the story is finished then I play youtube videos in the background or listen to music.

Years
That's some pretty talented skill you have there. Tell me, how did you manage to grate the cheese? Did you push the cheese and grater up against your 3DS and grate sideways? LOL.

When I'm playing Pokémon I typically watch YouTube videos while training, battling, or even just riding around the region on my bicycle. Like Peitharchia, I used to also eat while playing as well. But also like Peitharchia, I eventually learned the hard way by simultaneously spilling my drink and getting crumbs stuck inside the console. Obviously I didn't learn my lesson as just recently the same exact thing happened to my keyboard and mouse, heh.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Unless its my first playthrough of a game, i am usually doing multiple things while playing. I eat, watch hockey, and depending on the time of day i sometimes lurk tc's irc. Lately i have been checking gts and sleeping between trades :3

The benefits of pokemon being a primarily handheld title haha

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
I watch a lot of Youtube videos while playing the games. It's the only way I can catch up with my massive Watch Later list, since I can't just sit and watch videos.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
What I do is I often use my right hand to hold the 3Ds and the cheese while I slide the grater up the cheese.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
When I play Pokemon I pretty much sit and play and do nothing else. Sometimes I play on the toilet if you want to count that as doing something else at the same time lol.

Years
Hmmm usually I just listen to music and talk with my friends on skype but I have been known to do other things like eat or do dishes while I hatch eggs or wonder trade. lol

Back