• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] New Opening Theme, "Getter Banban" by Tomohisa Sako,

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
It could be like at the end of the Decolore island arc when Ash/Satoshi meet Alexa?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I didn't really like the opening theme. The singer has a weak voice, and I thought the random parts of them running through random blobs of colours was rather lazy animation - that sort of thing is usually left for the ending themes. I thought it was just a bit childish really, and I mean by Pokemon standards, ha.

The random trainer looks a bit creepy, like a younger Conway, hahaha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I didn't really like the opening theme. The singer has a weak voice, and I thought the random parts of them running through random blobs of colours was rather lazy animation - that sort of thing is usually left for the ending themes. I thought it was just a bit childish really, and I mean by Pokemon standards, ha.

The random trainer looks a bit creepy, like a younger Conway, hahaha.
After seeing and hearing is a few times I do agree with you on those points. I still like it, but yeah it probably would have been better as an ending theme. Openings should be stronger probably; this one has a weaker singer as you said and kind of whimsical animation almost that doesn't really stick in your mind.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
This song was stuck in my head the other day. I was saying "Getter BanBan" all day. I actually misheard it for "Getter Bang Bang" so I guess I was saying it wrong for a while. Regardless, I love the new opening.

Back