• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey, I just got White (kinda sad really) and I exited Chargestone Cave before I faced N. Now I cant get past the Professor & Co. Help?

Do you mean you exited it at the start, rather than the end (exiting at Route 6, not at Mistralton City, that is)? Because uh, exiting @ Mistralton City without facing N is kind of impossible. Because if so, by default the positions of all the electrical things will reset to what they were before, so you need to continue pushing them along to get back to where you were. If you're lost though, try looking at this map to help you out. It should work fine as long as you follow the map and remember to push the electrical things.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I exited back onto Route 6, before facing N. Problem now is, when Bianca and the Professor catch you (before the Trio find you the second time) they then block the path. This stops you walking out (or in my case walking in)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hum... try to activate all events possible I suppose but maybe leaving the cave backwards glitched the game in that positions of NPCs got reset meaning that's a game-breaking oversight and if so that means you'd have to restart a new save file. =/ (Then again I'll admit leaving the cave at that point from the other end first is not something I would anticipate anyone would have done, so the programmers probably did not either/it was not encountered in testing.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
So you're saying, that when I got to Team Plasma and my party fainted, by then being sent to the poke centre, I have glitched the game? I hardly think the developers would have made it impossible to continue the game if you didn't make it through the cave without healing at some stage.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
So you're saying, that when I got to Team Plasma and my party fainted, by then being sent to the poke centre, I have glitched the game? I hardly think the developers would have made it impossible to continue the game if you didn't make it through the cave without healing at some stage.

Hey, I am not at that point in the game yet, but I highly doubt you glitched your game. Just being a pokemon player that has played alot of pokemon games and messed up a few, here are some tips.

1) Die - You are stuck in a area with no way out, let a pokemon kill your whole team.

2) Escape rope - go back into a cave (if you can) and use it to jump back somewhere else

3) Fly/teleport - Fly or teleport (with abra) to get to a different place, then walk back to where you have to fight N.

4) Hack or Restart - If somehow, there is no way you can get back to N to trigger the fight. You can restart and trade all your pokemon to a different game (a friend to hold them for you till you start the new game) Or with Action Replay you can use a code that lets you walk thru walls. Or, if you are starting the game over, you code use action replay to beat all the trainer very fast and get back to the point you was at in a short amount of time.

This last time is only if you have somehow glitched your game and need to start over, use action replay too much and you could ruin your pokemon game again. Just trying to help

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Should I buy Black/White

Wzup! I've always been stuck in the gen 1-2 games. Never touched the third gen or up cuz I thought there were to many pokémon, but now I'm interested in Black/White. Is it worth getting a DS to buy these games? U think I will like em? How does trading work these days? Can u still get old pokémon like mewtwo and charizard n stuff?

Peace from Sweden

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wzup! I've always been stuck in the gen 1-2 games. Never touched the third gen or up cuz I thought there were to many pokémon, but now I'm interested in Black/White. Is it worth getting a DS to buy these games? U think I will like em? How does trading work these days? Can u still get old pokémon like mewtwo and charizard n stuff?

Peace from Sweden

Hii! :3 I honestly think it is worth getting them, while they don't have the "longest" playability as far as post-game goes, they have a lot in common with the first games, imo at least, since only the regional Pokemon are able to be found early on. In terms of trading, you'll need two DS' in order to trade back (migrate), while older Pokemon are found in the Dream World (Charizard/Mewtwo do need to be traded though). Oh yeah, and trading in general just works between two games via wifi or local wireless - no cords necessary! Have a good read through here. It'll explain migration, the Dream World and just about everything else you'll ever wanted to know about the games. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love gens I and II myself, and have been playing since then. And I'd definitely recommend picking a DS up for Black/White. They're fantastic games, and are a bit reminiscent of gen I. You can get non-gen V Pokemon after you've completed the main story, by migrating from gen IV games, but since you don't have those games or two DSes I'm sure, you're better off sticking around this forum and using the Trade Center. Trading is down wirelessly now, via Wi-Fi. It's pretty easy, and if you need help with that, you can get that in this thread or in the Wi-Fi help thread in the Computers and Technology section. I'm not the right person to ask with Wi-Fi though, haha. It's hard for me to explain.

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend it. :) It's a fun game and a great reintroduction to the series for those who haven't played in a long time. I think you'd really enjoy it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for the fast reply! Seems cool that u can trade through internet, man I'm gonna feel like I'm 11 years old again haha. I will check these out then :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
I really want that Lucario you get from buying a copy from Target in the US but sadly I live in Canada. Is there any possible way to get one without driving down to the US?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really want that Lucario you get from buying a copy from Target in the US but sadly I live in Canada. Is there any possible way to get one without driving down to the US?

You're going to have to ask someone in PC who already got the Lucario in the Trade forum.

Years
I've been playing the game (Black Version) since early last month; I've gotten as far as the Pokémon League (first trip,) but I'm not happy with the way my party has turned out (bad moves, bad natures.) I've decided to set the game aside until the Arceus download is made available, at which time I'll reset the cartridge. My question is, will this change/reset my Game Sync ID for use with a new Pokemon.com account?

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hello.
I have begun playing my black version again last night after not for a while.
Where is the move tutor?

Hello.
I have begun playing my Black version again last night after having not for a while.
Where is the move tutor?

Last edited:
Years
I have wasted over 100 max repels and I still haven't got a water stone, there has to be an easier way to get my hands on one. I already went to the lighthouse and asked that guy on the pier for a stone btw.

Is running around in the caves the only way?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have wasted over 100 max repels and I still haven't got a water stone, there has to be an easier way to get my hands on one. I already went to the lighthouse and asked that guy on the pier for a stone btw.

Is running around in the caves the only way?

If you are in Black, then there is a possibility that you can buy them in Black City. Otherwise, yes that is the only way.

Castelia City (Answer Panpour), Driftveil City, Wellspring Cave (Dustcloud), Chargestone Cave (Dustcloud), Mistralton Cave (Dustcloud), Twist Mountain (Dustcloud), Challenger's Cave (Dustcloud), Victory Road (Dustcloud), Giant Chasm (Dustcloud)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I haven't really been around as much, but I see that the third game speculation thread is gone. Does this mean that a third game to the sequel is confirmed?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I haven't really been around as much, but I see that the third game speculation thread is gone. Does this mean that a third game to the sequel is confirmed?

No, if you check out the forum the speculation thread is split into multiple threads now. It facilitates discussion and allows good theories to not be ignored because another topic dominates the conversation and such.

Years
I've been playing the game (Black Version) since early last month; I've gotten as far as the Pokémon League (first trip,) but I'm not happy with the way my party has turned out (bad moves, bad natures.) I've decided to set the game aside until the Arceus download is made available, at which time I'll reset the cartridge. My question is, will this change/reset my Game Sync ID for use with a new Pokemon.com account?
Two days, no answer? Need an answer ASAP (sorry for being pushy, I just need an answer before the first.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Two days, no answer? Need an answer ASAP (sorry for being pushy, I just need an answer before the first.)

If you reset your game you either have to make a new account or request to have your Game Sync ID deleted off of the old one, but either way you lose all your points and will have to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back