The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Ozymandias
kissed by fire
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
So as I was browsing the General Entertainment "sub-forum" I started thinking.
I don't really see many sports threads or threads about individual anime and the ones that do pop up usually end up at the bottom of the page because there are so many other threads in General Entertainment.

I was thinking... Why aren't there individual sub-forums for Sports, Anime, TV/Movies, and Music? It may seem like it would just be a waste of space and these individual forums wont be posted in as much but, I believe that people would be less wary of their threads being covered up by others that they don't care about and that more people would decide to post things that they usually wouldn't in General Entertainment.

I know I'm pretty new and I shouldn't be speaking out of place i guess but, it was something that's been on my mind for a while.
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Because there wouldn't be enough of them for it to merit a subforum. Besides, that would clear up all of GE's active threads if you made subforums for every category GE covered. Then what would be the point of GE?

We used to have Japanese Entertainment (where anime and manga was) but it wasn't active enough to stay its own forum, so it was merged into GE. I don't think there are even enough anime/manga threads in GE right now to suffice for a JE subforum. That applies to the other categories you mentioned as well.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Yeah generally sections without subforums don't have them because everything that needs to be discussed can be done without them. Recently BC just all merged into one forum because with the 3 subforums it just wasn't active enough :\

Old August 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
It's a good suggestion, ChiliDawgs. :] Unfortunately the others are probably right, those topics aren't discussed enough to warrant entire sections on their own.

But we could probably make it easier to find the ones you want by adding prefixes for them. [Music], [TV/Movies], etc. Then you could just sort them to your liking.

What do you guys think?

Also, don't worry about being too new/speaking out of place. You're always welcome to give feedback to the staff, we appreciate it whether you're brand new with 10 posts or a member who's been here for years with 20,000 posts.
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I'm all for the prefix system. It works well in BC and other sections it is used in and I think it would be a great solution to this as well.

Old August 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Jak
baby smod

Prefixes make much more sense than subforums. Though I think Dave should get in here and give his piece, since it's his forum.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Prefixes are good, but that's already been covered. I just wanted to comment on a small thing you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliDawgs View Post
I know I'm pretty new and I shouldn't be speaking out of place i guess but, it was something that's been on my mind for a while.
Doesn't matter if you're new or old, mate. A suggestion is a suggestion. And as long as it's not completely stupid, it's always welcome, don't hesitate if you think up of something good. :3
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Being able to suggest things has nothing to do with your account age, so no worries there, Chili! :) Feel free to suggest whatever you like!

I do think that subforums for all these categories would spread GE out too much, though, and in turn might make the board look more inactive as it'd be made up of subforums with only a few threads in each one. Prefixes do sound wonderful however, and I'd be fully for that!

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
While GE doesn't warrant enough activity to have individual subforums, a prefix system is close enough to differentiate each thread's subject, like Music, TV/Movies, Sport etc. I'm all for a prefix system being added to threads.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old August 6th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Ozymandias
kissed by fire
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Hahaha yeah I guess yall are right... Prefix's sound like a good system :D
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I think prefixes or better tagging would be a great idea, actually. But individual subforums i not the way to go. All it would do is drain activity away from the main forum, and chances, are, the subforum itself wouldn't be active enough to make up for it.
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Antemortem

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Actually, I'm really loving you right now for suggesting this. I wasn't keen on the idea before (though it wasn't as developed as your suggestion, of course!) but it seems like it would not only work but also make finding certain threads, namely anime since I don't really think all the different types of entertainment venues need prefixes, a lot easier. Thank you so much for getting this out there! :]

kawaii in the sheets
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links