• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
Years
Map Name: Haunted Forest
Hack Name: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
Game Base: Fire Red
Spoiler:

its a smiple twisty path that forces the player through alot of grass to fight ghost and dark type pokemon... the point is to simply head north out of the forest (or south on the return trip) to the north is a unique event and to the south is more forest (not haunted) and the southern forest is one of those HORRID maps I mentioned earlier... this map, however, is filled with a thick fog... fyi...

I like the layout of the map, as it looks very playable and has a nice winding path going through it.
However, one criticism I can make, is that the flowers are grouped together in some spots, and then the rest of the map is bare.

8/10

Arma

The Hyena
Years
@locksmitharmy: I'm going to disagree with Rango here. The pathseems too long and boring, and the fact that you used only one tree to separate the paths makes it seem unnatural to me, there isn't a lot of variation to keep the player interested. You might ad a few dead ends to make it look more maze-ish. A few ledges would make it easy to backtrack as well. 4/10

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
My turn!

Spoiler:

I feel like this map came right out of Gold version... its very similar to the first few routes you would see in Johto... I like it, although I would like to know more about whats going on in the map, shy is there a sign in the middle of the path (most signs are up aginst things but im sure there is a reason for it) and what is that girl going to say... but visually I have no major issues with it... the open space in the middle is large, but when playing it, it wont seem so big... 9/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
@locksmitharmy: I'm going to disagree with Rango here. The pathseems too long and boring, and the fact that you used only one tree to separate the paths makes it seem unnatural to me, there isn't a lot of variation to keep the player interested. You might ad a few dead ends to make it look more maze-ish. A few ledges would make it easy to backtrack as well. 4/10

I do like the ledge idea... thanks thatll be fun to play with in my next hack... allowing the player an easy exit on their way back through... but I chose not to make it a maze on purpose... no dead ends... because I have some actual mazes already in the game... i thought i would not overdo the maze feel since i have a HUGE maze challenge already. length is also on purpose, the event at then end is optional, kinda like getting to moltres... its quite a trek up mt ember... well this is quite a trek to get a jirachi... its a bit shorter than the mt ember lol but thats because there is more to getting jirachi than just getting through this map (you must use earthquake on a tile that has no indication that earthquake is needed, unless you talk to that tile, but which tile do you talk to?).

I appreciate all the feed back tho.

if you liked mazes ive got ya covered,
this is my Catacombs...
Spoiler:

The catacombs are a literal maze (dark, flash usable) that puts you in a room [E] fighting registeel, regice or regirock depending on which path you took out of the main room... leaving the room where you fought the regi puts you back outside the catacombs so you have to complete the maze 3 times through all 3 different paths to get all 3 regis. its quite challenging without using flash (might be fairly easy with flash tho). There is 1 pokeball item on each map aswell... (gets you the glass flutes from R/S/E). And please dont complain about them being straight lines and not "natural", Catacombs are man made tunnels... so yes they are thin straight tunnels... on purpose.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I feel like this map came right out of Gold version... its very similar to the first few routes you would see in Johto... I like it, although I would like to know more about whats going on in the map, shy is there a sign in the middle of the path (most signs are up aginst things but im sure there is a reason for it) and what is that girl going to say... but visually I have no major issues with it... the open space in the middle is large, but when playing it, it wont seem so big... 9/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I do like the ledge idea... thanks thatll be fun to play with in my next hack... allowing the player an easy exit on their way back through... but I chose not to make it a maze on purpose... no dead ends... because I have some actual mazes already in the game... i thought i would not overdo the maze feel since i have a HUGE maze challenge already. length is also on purpose, the event at then end is optional, kinda like getting to moltres... its quite a trek up mt ember... well this is quite a trek to get a jirachi... its a bit shorter than the mt ember lol but thats because there is more to getting jirachi than just getting through this map (you must use earthquake on a tile that has no indication that earthquake is needed, unless you talk to that tile, but which tile do you talk to?).

I appreciate all the feed back tho.

if you liked mazes ive got ya covered,
this is my Catacombs...
Spoiler:

The catacombs are a literal maze (dark, flash usable) that puts you in a room [E] fighting registeel, regice or regirock depending on which path you took out of the main room... leaving the room where you fought the regi puts you back outside the catacombs so you have to complete the maze 3 times through all 3 different paths to get all 3 regis. its quite challenging without using flash (might be fairly easy with flash tho). There is 1 pokeball item on each map aswell... (gets you the glass flutes from R/S/E). And please dont complain about them being straight lines and not "natural", Catacombs are man made tunnels... so yes they are thin straight tunnels... on purpose.

I do like these maps, i feel as if some curves and more detail could be added especially in the caves they are just long passages. I would want to see it curve left then split up into a crossroads leading to more than one dead end atm all i need to do is go down one long passage realise its a dead end and then go through the next one, you should make it more like a make. I dont see too many errors well hardly any so thats a plus the layout of the laddrs is good though.
Other than that nothing really.
So over all i will rate this map(these maps) a 6-7

My map:
Map name Mantro Town
Game: Firered
Credits a big list that i have stated where i uploaded the map.
Map:
Spoiler:

Been long since i last mapped so go easy on me.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I do like these maps, i feel as if some curves and more detail could be added especially in the caves they are just long passages. I would want to see it curve left then split up into a crossroads leading to more than one dead end atm all i need to do is go down one long passage realise its a dead end and then go through the next one, you should make it more like a make. I dont see too many errors well hardly any so thats a plus the layout of the laddrs is good though.
Other than that nothing really.
So over all i will rate this map(these maps) a 6-7

My map:
Map name Mantro Town
Game: Firered
Credits a big list that i have stated where i uploaded the map.
Map:
Spoiler:

Been long since i last mapped so go easy on me.

The tiles look wonderful although I don't like how that body of water looks. How do you expect the player to go to that caves underwater? Do you have to dive for that? LOL

Anyways I'll have it rated 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
The natural grass seems kind of sparse. Try adding more variation in, or recoloring the default grass tuft that the base FR rom uses. The type of tree that's to the right of the Pokecenter, I don't like how their all grouped into one large pile. It just doesn't seem natural at all. I agree with Shadowraze on the water. I'm not sure how the player is able to access those caves, unless you scripted in something custom. The much smaller body of water also looks a bit too bright. I see a bunch of tiling errors up on the mountain. Even if this is PNG, it still looks a bit blurry.

The map looks decent but it could use a lot more work.
7/10

Map name: Charge Town
Game: FireRed
Hack name: Pokemon MysticAurelian Version
Map:
Spoiler:

Player's hometown. I like an opinion on the palettes I'm using.

Map name: Route 1
Map:
Spoiler:

First route in the rom hack's region. Next town is to the north, a wild-life reserve is to the south (think of it like the Great Marsh or Safari, minus the entry gate/entry fees, so it's more like the ranch in B/W), and Charge Town to the east. I like an opinion on the palettes I'm using.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
The natural grass seems kind of sparse. Try adding more variation in, or recoloring the default grass tuft that the base FR rom uses. The type of tree that's to the right of the Pokecenter, I don't like how their all grouped into one large pile. It just doesn't seem natural at all. I agree with Shadowraze on the water. I'm not sure how the player is able to access those caves, unless you scripted in something custom. The much smaller body of water also looks a bit too bright. I see a bunch of tiling errors up on the mountain. Even if this is PNG, it still looks a bit blurry.

7/10

Map:
Spoiler:

Map:
Spoiler:

First route in the rom hack's region. Next town is to the north, a wild-life reserve is to the south (think of it like the Great Marsh or Safari, minus the entry gate/entry fees, so it's more like the ranch in B/W), and Charge Town to the east. I like an opinion on the palettes I'm using.

Map: Charge Town
Rating: 6/10
Suggestions: I thought that you did a good job on the outer editing of the map, but that sign to the North seems a bit misplaced. Unless it has a reason for being there, its location doesn't seem like it will be generally visited, and rather visited for the sake of actually reading the sign. It could be placed closer to the center of town or closer to the entrance. Also, the actual town itself is essentially the same. As for the tiles, the trees look somewhat spaced out, and a bit too close to the color of the grass. With these changes, it'd be pretty appealing map.

Map: Route 1
Rating: 8/10
Suggestions: Great and original design. However, one space wide paths are generally seen as bad mapping, so you might want to expand those. Also, the distance traveled by bridge over water is barely exceeded by the trouble taken to traverse the land directly adjacent to it. Maybe consider elongating the bridge, or removing it altogether. Not too much criticism, great map.

Map Name: Furthen Path
Game: Fire Red (Custom Tiles)
Hack: Pokemon: Legend of Azeon
Comments: I was digging around my files, and found this map. It was the first ones I had ever made, but I decided to implement it in one of my hacks. In the Northwestern corner of the map, there are several trainers. Each gives a reward after beaten. In context, these people are known as the "Campers". Two visible items are found throughout the map, as well as several cleverly hidden items.

Spoiler:

Thanks for rating.

Last edited:

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years

7/10

Map:
Spoiler:

Map:
Spoiler:

The first map, the initial design is good, however, I think you can add a bit more flowers and other garnishes here and there. The second map is great, I like the design. It's very Nintendo-style, so I like it.

My opinions on the palettes, not so great. I think you could improve them a bit, the shade on the tree is a little bit too dark and stands out a lot (maybe change the colour of the shade, and soften it a little bit?). The grass tile has black pixels (forgot to edit the tile while changing palettes?) so I think you can improve that. As for the cliff edges/water edges, the colour of those don't really match the grass colour. What I suggest is, you could probably just make it darker or change the tiles a bit, and hopefully that would make it blend in more. Right now, it kind of looks unnatural. The trees have a good colour, except for the shades (as I've said above).

So my rating on the first map is: 6/10
And my rating on the second map is 7.5/10.

Good luck. :)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Map Name: Furthen Path
Game: Fire Red (Custom Tiles)
Hack: Pokemon: Legend of Azeon
Comments: I was digging around my files, and found this map. It was the first ones I had ever made, but I decided to implement it in one of my hacks. In the Northwestern corner of the map, there are several trainers. Each gives a reward after beaten. In context, these people are known as the "Campers". Two visible items are found throughout the map, as well as several cleverly hidden items.

Spoiler:

Thanks for rating.

Map: Furthen Path
Rating: 9.5/10
Suggestion: Right when I saw your map I thought, "Holy crap this is awesome!" The palette colors all blend together very well and the mountain and grass tiles are very professionally placed. The only thing I saw that bothered me (a little bit), was the sight of a million little rocks all over the mountains. I think the map would be perfect (to me) if some of the rocks were removed. Besides that, amazing map! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Map:
Spoiler:

Not my favorite map... its just so boring... it has the required number of houses for a starting town sure and it "works" but there is a whole lot of grass and not enough stuff going on... plus there seems to be arbitrary signs to the north and one way off path to the west... not that ist a bad map its just not apealing... 5/10

Map:
Spoiler:

This one on the other hand is MUCH better... LOTS going on everywhere you look, I love the quick return path (jump ledges) to the north and the surfable hidden area to the southeast... just a great full featured map my only complaint might be that if the player wanted to go south they could do it without touching tall grass... but thats not such a big deal... i like to force battles cause im mean like that... 9.5/10

My map
Map name: Fossil Cave
Hack name: Pokemon FireRed +Plus
Map:
Spoiler:

you have to push the button to lower the rock gates, and you have a minimum number of steps to reach the gate or it will slam in your face... if you take too many steps you have to go push the button again... there are pokeball items laying in places to guide the player into taking too many steps... the challenge isn't hard but to get all the items it should force a few battles ;)

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
My map
Map name: Fossil Cave
Hack name: Pokemon FireRed +Plus
Map:
Spoiler:

you have to push the button to lower the rock gates, and you have a minimum number of steps to reach the gate or it will slam in your face... if you take too many steps you have to go push the button again... there are pokeball items laying in places to guide the player into taking too many steps... the challenge isn't hard but to get all the items it should force a few battles ;)

Rating: I'd give it a 9/10.
Reason: The map looks very good, just about perfect. It's got variation, doesn't use plain shapes, and the layout's great. Everything about it's solid, but it is just a cave. There's nothing the player will really stop and want to look at (aside from the puzzle, which sounds absolutely devious), which is why I gave it the 9 instead of a 10. There's nothing wrong with it at all, it really is a great map. Just not special.
Suggestions: None at all, keep the map as it is. It certainly looks good enough to keep a player from getting bored, no matter how long they may have to spend figuring out the puzzle.

Okay, I've got 2 maps.

Map Name: Crescita Town
Map Game: Pokemon Firered
Hack Name: Pokemon Aura
Comments: Oh boy, here we go. I haven't done any mapping in quite awhile, and I don't think highly of either of these maps. This one is meant to be the starter town, with the big building being where the player receives their Pokemon. I'd really like some suggestions on how I can break up the general boring feel that the map seems to have right now.
Map:
Spoiler:

Map Name: Dosadan Fields
Comments: Once again, I'm pretty disappointed in how this map turned out when I was finished with it. The lower area is meant to be relatively flat, and it's meant to look man made. But I still think something more could be done to make it look better. The forest area on the other hand looks a lot better in my opinion, and I'm not really worried as much about that one. Still, I'd love some suggestions on how to improve anything on this map.
Map:
Spoiler:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Map Name: Crescita Town
Comments: Oh boy, here we go. I haven't done any mapping in quite awhile, and I don't think highly of either of these maps. This one is meant to be the starter town, with the big building being where the player receives their Pokemon. I'd really like some suggestions on how I can break up the general boring feel that the map seems to have right now.
Map:
Spoiler:

Map Name: Dosadan Fields
Comments: Once again, I'm pretty disappointed in how this map turned out when I was finished with it. The lower area is meant to be relatively flat, and it's meant to look man made. But I still think something more could be done to make it look better. The forest area on the other hand looks a lot better in my opinion, and I'm not really worried as much about that one. Still, I'd love some suggestions on how to improve anything on this map.
Map:
Spoiler:

Map 1

Rating: 7/10
Reason/Suggestions:
Spoiler:

Map 2

Rating: 5/10
Reason/Suggestions:
Spoiler:

And now, my map.

Map Name: Pallet Town
Map Game: FireRed
Hack Name: Pokemon Ichorus
Comments: This is essentially a remake of Pallet Town. I hated the original version because of how open the houses were to the paths - and I also hated that stupid light green path they used. I'm not totally sure how to frame off the water correctly at the bottom. Using a fence leaves an open space amongst the tree tops, but just having that lone small tree there is... odd. Sadly, if I add another small tree on the bank, it takes up too much space. I tried to use an air filter, but the tileset piece for the bank wasn't attached to the water. The empty tile next to the small tree is where a person will be standing. I'm also on-the-rope about adding some kind of vegetation behind the player's house. I personally think it looks okay as is, and most of it won't be seen anyway, but... idk. It seems weird.
Map:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Map Name: Pallet Town
Hack Name: Pokemon Ichorus
Comments: This is essentially a remake of Pallet Town. I hated the original version because of how open the houses were to the paths - and I also hated that stupid light green path they used. I'm not totally sure how to frame off the water correctly at the bottom. Using a fence leaves an open space amongst the tree tops, but just having that lone small tree there is... odd. Sadly, if I add another small tree on the bank, it takes up too much space. I tried to use an air filter, but the tileset piece for the bank wasn't attached to the water. The empty tile next to the small tree is where a person will be standing. I'm also on-the-rope about adding some kind of vegetation behind the player's house. I personally think it looks okay as is, and most of it won't be seen anyway, but... idk. It seems weird.
Map:
Spoiler:

Okay, so here's my rating for your map.
Rating: 6.5/10
Comments/suggestions:
Spoiler:

And here's my map:
Hack name: Pokemon Shining Waters & Hazing Flames
Spoiler:

Comments:
The first route in the game. The area the map is located in is a valley and it's surrounded by mountains. I tried to place the tall grass in a way that the player has to do some battles before he enters the first city. You can jump over the ledge if you want to return quickly to your starter town, but when you walk on this route from left to right you have to take the path with tall grass.
Not much else to say, feel free to rate the tiles separately if you want.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
And here's my map:
Hack name: Pokemon Shining Waters & Hazing Flames
Spoiler:

Comments:
The first route in the game. The area the map is located in is a valley and it's surrounded by mountains. I tried to place the tall grass in a way that the player has to do some battles before he enters the first city. You can jump over the ledge if you want to return quickly to your starter town, but when you walk on this route from left to right you have to take the path with tall grass.
Not much else to say, feel free to rate the tiles separately if you want.
Okay... been a while since I rated or posted, so let's see if I can still do either.
Spoiler:

Map Name: none
Game: Ruby (why does this matter?)
Hack: unnamed
Credits: Zein, Alistair, Aquiles, kymotonian/kyledove, Lu-ho, Jiggly, and Nintendo
Comments: As with all my maps, I go for more aesthetic appeal than playability, since that's what I enjoy in a game. However, as there are going to be people rating it, I put a minimal amount of effort into the playability. The palette will be desaturated in the future, and the water tiles (just water, not the lilypads or cattails) will be changed but the rest of the tiles should remain. The micro grass revamps from GSC do nothing, they are just there for decoration. You enter from the bottom right. There are also two bushes that can be cut in the middle of the map that allow access to the upper-middle portion of the map. It's a patch of woods, so I purposely made it so that there were no mountains/cliffs.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wendle

Not So Standard Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
Map Name: none
Game: Ruby (why does this matter?)
Hack: unnamed
Credits: Zein, Alistair, Aquiles, kymotonian/kyledove, Lu-ho, Jiggly, and Nintendo
Comments: As with all my maps, I go for more aesthetic appeal than playability, since that's what I enjoy in a game. However, as there are going to be people rating it, I put a minimal amount of effort into the playability. The palette will be desaturated in the future, and the water tiles (just water, not the lilypads or cattails) will be changed but the rest of the tiles should remain. The micro grass revamps from GSC do nothing, they are just there for decoration. You enter from the bottom right. There are also two bushes that can be cut in the middle of the map that allow access to the upper-middle portion of the map. It's a patch of woods, so I purposely made it so that there were no mountains/cliffs.
Spoiler:

BTW i'm new at rating and posting maps...

What i like about it; Its clear that there are 3 entrances and exits to this forest, the pathing is good and has a few dead ends for the player to actually explore and get lost in. It certainly has a the aesthetic appeal you were after, tough it it shouldn't be too hard to make the map more playable like a fork in the bottom left

What i dislike about it, green so much green. The lakes,puddles are a good respite from the feature while the rocks are obviously meant to detract from the green but they are obviously out of place, if you added a little more color then the boulders would be fine. Assuming the player doesn't have SURF or CUT this forest will be easily glided though as it only has one fork.

7/10 Less green and another fork 9/10

------Heres My Monstrosity-----
The print-screen should be attached.
Mapname- Whitby
Hack- Me messing around (first map)
Meant to be the starting town with two routes free from the get go lower left (along the beach)and the top towards a short cave. With the houses I was considering changing the doors to the green door like on the lab. My biggest concern is with its clash with the boarder tiles. Seeing as i'm new to map creation I've passed on using new tiles and stuck with the old tile set.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
------Heres My Monstrosity-----
The print-screen should be attached.
Mapname- Whitby
Hack- Me messing around (first map)
Meant to be the starting town with two routes free from the get go lower left (along the beach)and the top towards a short cave. With the houses I was considering changing the doors to the green door like on the lab. My biggest concern is with its clash with the boarder tiles. Seeing as i'm new to map creation I've passed on using new tiles and stuck with the old tile set.

I cant give you a numbered rating on this map man... it would be insulting... to the number...

so Ill just go head on into tips and advice for a budding map artist (sad when "I" can give advice)

lets start with natural shapes... EVERYTING is sooooooo square.... have you ever seen a beach that goes straight accross the water like that... its gonna have wavy kindofa flow to is, ins and outs...

ALSO... if you use Ocean water you dont need to put rocks aginst the sand, players cannot surf on ocean water

now, border blocks, you say you are worried about them. just remember, players can see 4.5 tiles up and down, and 7 tiles to the left and right... so to stop the player from seeingwhere your tiles meet the boarder, just give yourself a berth of 5 blocks on the top and bottom and 8 blocks to each side

you are good on the top and bottom, but players will see your borders to the sides, so they will notice that your mountian sides sharply end to the east side of the lab...
where they end to the west you can use a map connection to hide that (thats what they are for)

the grass tile with the dark squiggley is usually used to hide a berry... fyi... if you knew this, your towns berrys are strangely place... was someone planting them to the east of the lab?

also the fences look odd... but its not something I have advice for... just work with them till they look like they are ending on their own and not arbitrarily into a tree or building... practace I guess.

And for my map:
Name: Navel Mountian
Hack: FireRed +Plus
Comments, Ice Puzzles are fun!
3212f5a0f31b41dca626bdd6b02db1af_1024.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
This is my first time rating and posting a map so be nice guys. {XD}

Navel Mountain:
Rating: 9/10
What I like: I like how the borders of the cave aren't too square so it looks natural, I mean who's ever seen a cave with square borders? Next the whole area isn't just some large block of ice so players won't have a really hard time maneuvering the map.
What I don't like: Those large empty spaces, especially in the upper left and the lower right. Also, is it just me or do the borders to the upper left look weird to you guys as well?
Comments: Maybe put in a few more rocks there or a higher level of the cave?

Now for my map:
Name: Lets' just call this the Region for now. Still thinking of ideas for a name
Game: Ruby
Hack: No hack, just me trying to make a world map
Credits: Hacker Bro SK for his excellent tutorial on how to make a world map
And now for the map:
Uhm, the forum isn't allowing me to post URLs, not even a link to it.
i872(dot)photobucket(dot)com/albums/ab289/miggy93/Map(dot)png

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Now I have to submit this again because of ^^ :(.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7732211#7732211
Rating: 9
Reason: I like how the whole map feels natural. It does look a little hard but I won't really know unless I'm playing the game.
Suggestions: Jf it is hard make it a tiny bit easier :P. I like puzzles that would take me about 10 minutes to figure out but not ones that make me come back for days to figure out.

Name: Kyoto Town
Game: Fire Red
Hack: Pokemon Dying Sun
Comments: This is my very first map :D. I'm going to add people tomorrow, but for now I just want opinions on the map. I was going to put animated flowers, but they were glitchy for some reason.
Capture.png

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Kyoto Town

7/10
Very starter town feeling.

The path on the left seems a bit out of place, maybe wider? or nonexistant?

The ledged area on the left middle kinda seems out of place, does an event occur here?
The square pattern that the flowers are in is a little unappealing to the eye.

The water in the middle, is that a walkable puddle or a pond?
If it's walkable then neat! But again, it's kinda truncating the paths.
If not! AH! Weird place for a pond.

Navel Mountain

10/10
Ice puzzles make me cry!

A very well thought out map.

Looks natural, and ANNOYING! ;_; but fun.

No critique, sorry! Wish I could nag about something, but really this looks nice!

The Region

6/10
It's a map.

It's neither good nor bad. Nice amount of land/water routes.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
And for my map:
Name: Navel Mountian
Hack: FireRed +Plus
Comments, Ice Puzzles are fun!
Spoiler:
I do love me some ice puzzles. This seems to have a fairly decent difficulty, no complaints there... I have to say that I'd prefer that some of the rocks in the ice were built out of cliff tiles, and not all just single tile rocks. It adds a lot more variety and looks much more interesting. The lack of cliffs surrounding the outside of the map is bothering me as well. Not necessary I suppose, but looks much better than just a solid white surface outside the cave. As far as the actual layout of the cave, it does look quite nice. Plenty of space, and with a nice shape to it. Overall I'd say you did a very good job. None of the stuff I mentioned is required, as the map is nice on its own, but I think it'll help spice it up even more.

I thought I'd try my hand at hacking again after 3 or 4 years. This is the second half of route 1 and first half of route 2 of the hack I'm currently working on. Yes, I do plan on making every route in the game this complex. :)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back