• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

you are BANNED.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
oh yeah, i never get this message for entire my life until recent counter strike matches when I got rampage 12 kills. One of the admins got me and accused me for cheating, thus gave me a perma red card. I was really pissed off that time, how would they judge me in such a manner? Then, what about other player that overwhelm K/D ratio? They did not get banned because they are somewhat pro?

So, do you get any unfair bans in online games?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Happened in League of Legends few times because my internet connection went off. It lasted maybe 10min, but I still managed to get back into game and we still won.

Years
I had a few LoL "bans"(small time ban before being able to find a game) because of technical difficulties (if your loading screen crashes then you cannot start reconnecting until the game has started because "firewall is blocking it"). And even if you reconnect, if you don't do it quickly enough you are still treated as afk and get flagged after the game and possibly punished.

Also LoL's entire system works on this, it's basically "this guy has been reported by a lot of players so he is punished". It never checks if you actually did anything wrong, even though Riot has showed that it clearly can do that. There have been a lot of cases where somebody got unfairly banned and there has been a huge outrage which forced Riot to undo it. Gl getting your ban case so popular that you get unbanned though.

Personally though I have never got an actual suspension in any game I played because I rather just stay quiet when playing online.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
This is why I don't play on user-hosted servers in the Battlefield series. Someone gets upset you are doing well and then kicks you.

Years
To be honest I don't think I've ever been permanently banned or kicked from any game lol. But then again, I don't play a lot of online games where the host is ABLE to ban/kick people, and, like Quilava, I tend to stay quiet in most games, so that's probably why. I do have problem with hosts who unfairly kick or ban players, and I have seen it happen in several games. It doesn't promote good teamwork and it's just plain rude.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, a suspension, but it's worth mentioning.

I was playing Garry's Mod years back, playing in a RP server (this being several years before I'd stepped into the good ol' RP-land of PC). It was fun but I was young and was wont to make mistakes- though this particular instance actually made for a pretty fun story, if only for me.

I was walking along the street next to a Combine facility that watched over the city- or kept it locked up, whichever you prefer. Little did I know that, not long prior, some civilian rebels had stormed the facility. Either they'd gotten what they went in for or failed miserably, because just as I'd walked by, the normally locked side entrance to the facility burst open. I turned to it and met the attention of one of the rebels, holding a pretty lengthy and intimidating gun and, well, aiming it at me. In a panic, I hit him with whatever was in my hand, fearing that he might have been planning to kill me and, well, rather than retaliating he fell over and subsequently died.

A few minutes later the immersion broke I found myself teleported to the top of the building and faced with a server mod. He asked why I killed the guy and I tried to explain the situation to him. Which he found pretty far-fetched and claimed I was lying to him. I was young so I imagine I didn't explain myself as well as I could have, and they booted me out of the server for, well, less time than they could've. I would've been bitter about it but when I jumped back on the server, the mod was pretty fine with everything as was just about every other person on the server. 'S just something I remember fondly and don't have much chance to talk about.

Years
This is why I don't play on user-hosted servers in the Battlefield series. Someone gets upset you are doing well and then kicks you.

I remember the good old days of playing WC2 on Battle.net. Having 1 bad game meant people from the same game blacklisted you forever and kicked you from every lobby you attempted to join. Also some apparently got really mad if they lost and did the same.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I don't really play the kinds of games where this is more likely to happen enough, so likely no.

In Smash 4 you can report people, and supposedly can get sent to banland (aka For Glory Hell). I've played a lot of matches and encountered many salty people, so maybe I have been there before. But I wouldn't know since the game gives you zero indication if you've ever been reported, nevermind why if you're banned you can still play at all, but hey it's Smash 4 online, it needs a lot of work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I got banned on a CoD:WaW server once for killing everyone with the overpowered extended mag PPSh; only time I used it and I never bothered again. Far more recently, it's only since they introduced easier-to-get sanctions for teamkilling in World of Warships that I've actually hit allies at all with torps anyway. I haven't been banned for this though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've gotten my fair share of bans before because of internet connection issues or power outages or even game client issues. Those who referenced their experiences with League and getting some soft bans and reports because of being unable to connect to a game they were supposed to be at, do not worry, I feel for you, since it has happened to me a couple of times, especially during the times I was playing in NA a few years ago, and we all know how bad the League client was during those lovely years.

As far as getting banned due to suspected behavior itself, well I've done some really naughty antics with some of my alt accounts in other games where i totally just go HAMBO on everyone by bad mouthing everyone. I've gotten my fair share of reports for my antics, but obviously those are on Alt accounts that I don't really invest any time and effort into establishing into anything. The beauty of Free 2 play ladies and d*cks.

Yukari

Not to my recollection? I used to play some dumb online flash game and ended up getting kicked a lot due to connection issues but that's it.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I've copped a few disconnect bans from when I used to play League back in 2013-14. Ditto for Smash 4. Nothing behaviour-related though. Some of them were a bit of a joke because the disconnections weren't always my fault, but they never lasted that long so I didn't really care that much.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Nope, not yet.
I would really hate it if I got banned for a stupid reason, because that's 40$ in the trash, just because I won a game :/

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I've been banned from so many BF3 and BF4 servers its unreal. Usually for beating the badmin(s).

Back